Stupid Newbie Question...Hemi vs. SRT?

Lottotruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know all about "no replacement for displacement" and all that stuff. But, with approxiamately a $10K difference between Quad Cabs (2wd), what if you just put a whipple on a Hemi and pocket the difference?:dontknow:

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .............. dare to be different! Drive an SRT-10 :rock:

Lottotruck said:
That's what I say, but....logic sometimes sets in....I hate when that happens!:p

LOGIC ???? Don't let that get in your way - or buy a smart car instead :D ;)

The SRT experience is entirely different. The power, the interior, the handling, the sounds, the stares and pointing.

I wouldn't trade anything to get back into a HEMI. And I gave up 4 wheel drive in the Northeast.

Lottotruck said:

I know all about "no replacement for displacement" and all that stuff. But, with approxiamately a $10K difference between Quad Cabs (2wd), what if you just put a whipple on a Hemi and pocket the difference?:dontknow:
SRT QC with a flash will put down 450 rwhp, and run a 13.0 flat 1/4 mile...Do you think you could do that on a whippled Hemi...plus no 4.56 gears, oh yeah you need rims for the hemi cuz stock are gay. what about handling...SRT all they way, looks...you know the answer.
Its got a hemi!!! who cares its not a Cuda
Its got the Viper v10 in it...really that trucks awesome.

Whipple = $3500
Headers = $1000
Catless =$500
Catback =$500
Tuning $= $300
Rims = $2500
Lowering kit =$800

Spending $9100 and still getting owned by a SRT in looks, style, handling, and performance = priceless

Point-Hemi Rams are for towing, I would rather have a used Titan

BurntRubber said:
SRT QC with a flash will put down 450 rwhp, and run a 13.0 flat 1/4 mile...Do you think you could do that on a whippled Hemi...plus no 4.56 gears, oh yeah you need rims for the hemi cuz stock are gay. what about handling...SRT all they way, looks...you know the answer.

Whipple = $3500
Headers = $1000
Catless =$500
Catback =$500
Tuning $= $300
Rims = $2500
Lowering kit =$800

Spending $9100 and still getting owned by a SRT in looks, style, handling, and performance = priceless

Those are the kind of points I was looking for to turn this logic upside down!:congrats: In the end, after all those mods to the Hemi (I really wouldn't worry about rims, lowering kit and the catless), I still only have a Hemi in the end with a few extra $$ in the bank. I could never recoupe the cost of all those mods. Resale, on the otherhand, if I chose the SRT-10, should be much better and I'd have one of the fastest production trucks on the planet! :marchmellow:

dont forget the little red button and the wow factor when you open your hood. nobody stares at a hemi

BurntRubber said:

Whipple = $3500
Headers = $1000
Catless =$500
Catback =$500
Tuning $= $300
Rims = $2500
Lowering kit =$800

Those numbers are kinda off i had a QC hemi Befor i bought my 10 and heres what i paid for all my mods

Headers-300 bucks
catless-200
nice muffler-100
tuner-300
and a small shot of nitrous to even the qc with the Srt-10 700 bucks!.... but at the end of then day every one has a hemi! although i will say mine did put out damn good numbers 450 on spray:rock:

Oh Hell, just by an ole used RAM 1500 and toss a 528 Hemi Crate Motor in it. SRT will never cross your mind ever again

Tooloe said:
Those numbers are kinda off i had a QC hemi Befor i bought my 10 and heres what i paid for all my mods

Headers-300 bucks
catless-200
nice muffler-100
tuner-300
and a small shot of nitrous to even the qc with the Srt-10 700 bucks!.... but at the end of then day every one has a hemi! although i will say mine did put out damn good numbers 450 on spray:rock:

Makes me cry how much we pay for our stuff

Lottotruck said:
:puke:

BurntRubber, did you mean Nissan Titan? You would not catch me in an import truck, EVER!:mad: I'd rather ride my bicycle! :bike:

Not really a titan fan as much as I am a power fan...I like the rams more, but they just feel weak. That also could be the because the first ram I drove was a 10, then tried a hemi...:D

If your not going to get an SRT10, dont even bother with a truck, unless its a TBSS or a GCSRT8

Lottotruck said:

You can put TT on a Civic and pocket alot more difference!:D :) :p :eek: ;)

get the srt. ive got the respect of ford and chevy guys that im friends with alike for my truck. you wont get that with a hemi. hell i even had one hardcore chevy guy buy a srt-8 charger after i gave him a ride in the truck!

Not sure how many here started out with a Hemi Ram... I did...and after driving the 10...it was a no brainer. Love the looks of all the Ram's from 02 - 05, but the 10 is far superior vehicle all the way around.:rock:
If you get the chance...drive em both...that should sum it up for ya.
Now regarding the modding...the 10 will dig into your wallet more.Good luck on the search and decision, and welcome to the forum.:rock:

NBT said:
Not sure how many here started out with a Hemi Ram... I did...and after driving the 10...it was a no brainer. Love the looks of all the Ram's from 02 - 05, but the 10 is far superior vehicle all the way around.:rock:
If you get the chance...drive em both...that should sum it up for ya.
Now regarding the modding...the 10 will dig into your wallet more.Good luck on the search and decision, and welcome to the forum.:rock:

Thanks, NBT! That is exactly what I plan on doing, drive 'em both. I already drove an SRT-10 RC! WOW!!Great burnout pic! :burnout:

Last edited:
had a 2006 hemi R/C, i gave to my son after i got my 05 srt-10 R/C,,,trust me one test drive you will KNOW the diff,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back