Stupid Newbie Question...Hemi vs. SRT?

Doesn't matter how much $$$ you drop in Hemi, you can't change it's DNA, it's ain't an SRT. I have a monster diesel that's pushing 600 RWHP and close to 900 torque, and it's sure fast...and it handles and brakes like poo. People that bitch about the firm ride of an SRT have likely not spent a day in a 3/4 or 1-ton truck.

Stock for stock there's no comparisons and the "what if'n" can get a little old.

"What if'n I dropped in a flux capicator on my Hemi?"

"What if'n I dropped in a 5000 HP shot of NOS?"

What if my sister had a dick?

She'd be my brother.

See?

Gary the trash talking cougar says, "Give a larbage, pick up your garbage."

There is a reason that Hemi guys buy:
SRT-10 Rims
SRT-10 hood
SRT-10 seats
SRT-10 wing
etc, etc.

Yes you could put a turbo or S/C on a hemi, but would you want to do 120 in a hemi? The SRT-10 was built for speed and it was built to stop in short distance from those speeds. Put a 150 shot on a hemi. Lets race 0-120-0. I would win.

I realize all of the other cool things that come with an SRT. I'm more of 0 to 60 kinda guy, so my truck won't be seeing 120mph (except maybe when I take it to the track!)! :)

I appreciate all of the good information y'all have given this thread so far!:rock:

Ronin said:

She'd be my brother.

See?

that was freaking hilarious:D :congrats: :congrats:

Try chasing and passing BMW's, Porsches, supercharged NSX's, Vettes and Vipers in a modded Hemi on a road course...I do think so :D

Plus, you can get a supercharged SRT for less then a Hemi will all the mods needed to come up to the performance of a stock SRT truck. No comparison :rock:

Ronin said:
Doesn't matter how much $$$ you drop in Hemi, you can't change it's DNA, it's ain't an SRT. I have a monster diesel that's pushing 600 RWHP and close to 900 torque, and it's sure fast...and it handles and brakes like poo. People that bitch about the firm ride of an SRT have likely not spent a day in a 3/4 or 1-ton truck.

Stock for stock there's no comparisons and the "what if'n" can get a little old.

"What if'n I dropped in a flux capicator on my Hemi?"

"What if'n I dropped in a 5000 HP shot of NOS?"

She'd be my brother.

See?

Gary the trash talking cougar says, "Give a larbage, pick up your garbage."

And if your aunt had a dick she would be your uncle.

Whipple does not offer a supercharger kit for the Hemi but it is not needed to keep up with a SRT-10.

The Hemi guys don't buy the SRT-10 hood they buy the Daytona hood, lol. And nobody wants the wing.:D

I have both and they are very distinct but both are good for what they were built and both can be modded to be fast.

i love you guys.....u make me laugh so hard i cry...the ONLY reson i got the diesel instead of a 10, was 4x4, but the 10 is a serious truck, tho my beast MIGHT be able to take a q/c ten ^_^ whats the rwhp of the autos?

Smokey said:
i love you guys.....u make me laugh so hard i cry...the ONLY reson i got the diesel instead of a 10, was 4x4, but the 10 is a serious truck, tho my beast MIGHT be able to take a q/c ten ^_^ whats the rwhp of the autos?
Smokey Does this ring a bell?:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Attachments

• CIMG2369.jpg
    CIMG2369.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 95
  • CIMG2370.jpg
    CIMG2370.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 81
haha.....he beat you too if i remeber:burnout: ...plus again...DIESEL.....that srt/8 is one fast jeep:p :p :D :p

P/S nice pics;) and i got the VTCOA decal on da back window...good for 5000hp

Last edited:
eddie102870 said:
dont forget the little red button and the wow factor when you open your hood. nobody stares at a hemi

Nice. That little red button gives me wood just looking at it.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Lotto.......................chicks dig tens..............class dismissed:rock: !!!!:burnout:

patrick

pitures say a 1000 words.....agreed, the 10 gets you a hottie:marchmellow:

SRTINCT said:
The SRT experience is entirely different. The power, the interior, the handling, the sounds, the stares and pointing.

I wouldn't trade anything to get back into a HEMI. And I gave up 4 wheel drive in the Northeast.
And the Fun Factor, awesome sound!! And that's just w/stock 10's

My personal review:

I briefly looked at the Rumble Bee being an avid V8 man but for me, the looks of the SRT/10 took the prize, by a country mile. After seeing an SRT/10 Ram, there really is no better looking pickup made. Period. I'm a V8 man through and through but am lucky enough to have 3 V8s up the drive, so, I was looking for something different, a V10 Viper with 3 5s and a 6-speed manual - what's not to like! But, as I said, the styling just blows me away, I'm still not used to it and always catch myself "checking the mail" more than 5 times a day just to walk back and glare at my SRT/10. What about performance? Seat of the pants in stock form is fantastic. It's 2.3 tonnes of 100% American made beef and is capable of 0-60 times in 5 flat (in some tests 4.9) and the top speed, as we know was/is the fastest production truck made. If people want to get "technical" it's still the fastest from 0-60mph (which to me is more important) any car can go high speeds and the "other vehicle" is far from a truck plus it made it's run on test highway, not an oval bank. The truck truly is pointless in regular cab form, it's gets bad MPG, can't tow much if at all and you have to ask, what were Dodge thinking?! Dropping their wildest engine into a pickup truck? Who cares how it came about, it's a toy, a hot rod, don't get too caught up with "why" or "why nots", it's made for people who like trucks/cars for what they are - big boys toys.

The thing I like about my style of cars (American Muscle) are they're all engine. Sure, some Japanese performance cars are fast, some worthy of fast (Skylines, STI Subaru RAs, Supras) some are not (Mazdas, Hondas Vtecs). What I mean is, it's not really the engine of those cars, it's the light weight and compact sizes. Then you look at a truck like this and appreciate just how good that V10 is. It's pushing a modest 500hp and pushing 2.3 tonnes to 60mph from a standstill in 5 flat, that is a sign of true brute force and pulling a house off it's foundation power. It's not because it's light, it's just plain and simply the engine. Look at Rotary engines (12A, 13B, lawnmowers, etc), they are the size of a dinner plate and rev to 12,000+rpms in a car that weighs 1.4 tonnes fully loaded. People are always saying what a beast of an engine it is and Mazda power when in reality all it's got going for it is it's light weight. Put that engine in a 1.8 tonne let alone a 2.3 tonne machine and watch it go. No where. Like American muscle cars (most), they're big, heavy, 650lb-750lb engines, can't break or steer but still hit 60mph in under 6 seconds, again, just brute muscle. A sign of a well built and stout engine. At the end of the day, to be fair, there are many different ways of running a 12 second 1/4 mile, rotary, V8, V10, V12, V6, /6, 1.3L, 2L, the list is endless, just pick you preference and go with it.

Finally, the looks. That hood scoop, the proportions, the functional but subtle wing and the best part, that in your face oh-so-DODGE front end. There is no mistaking this beast on the road, either passing or rapidly approaching you from behind, it just screams MOVE or be eaten. Then there's the handling, surprisingly enough for a pickup, it handles very well, first time uses will know the first few corners were full of over-steer, why? Because you expect the truck to lag behind the initial wheel movement but no. It's a true point and steer machine and although not a performance car, it holds it's own on public roads and the track. Remember, with any stock car/truck little improvements have to be made, nothing from the factory is perfect. Upgrade the clutch & master cylinders to Viper spec, new short shifter, lower it a little and if you want, bolt on some goodies like catback, mids and a CAI and there really is nothing else needed to be done. I truly love my truck and those who have witnessed what I had to do and how long I waited can justify that my passion could be almost beyond some other owners. I will not be selling my truck for as far as I can see into the future. It's something different, unique and just a blast to drive. Hope you end up grabbing the keys to one of these beasts because as someone said, it's an SRT/10 thing, if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

Cheers,
Carlwalski
New Zealand

SRT10River1.jpg

Last edited:
NBT said:
Not sure how many here started out with a Hemi Ram... I did...and after driving the 10...it was a no brainer. Love the looks of all the Ram's from 02 - 05, but the 10 is far superior vehicle all the way around.:rock:
If you get the chance...drive em both...that should sum it up for ya.
Now regarding the modding...the 10 will dig into your wallet more.Good luck on the search and decision, and welcome to the forum.:rock:

I for one started with a hemi Q/C.Put 22"wheels, lowered it, dual exhaust,on and on and on.I had a chance to get into a 10 and it was a no brainer.Srt10 rams are just bad ass.It was an upgrade all around.Had my 10 a little over 2 years and still loving like the first day I bought it.Of course the savings account has taking a major hit from the mod bug.Once you get started it's hard to stop!You can learn alot of stuff about these great trucks on this site.Where you at in SW Fla.? Welcome to THE club.:rock: :rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back