Suggestions Appreciated

SRTForLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before i get chewed out for not searching, I want you to know that i have, and i am looking for more direct answers. I bought my dream truck 7 months ago and its time to get that venom in the blood. It's a 2005 QC with only Magnaflow full system. (keep in mind, i do plan on having twin turbos on it). 1)I am looking to get headers and hi-flow cats, any help on best bang for buck? 2) I do love the look of the 2/4 drop, however, with the hope of reaching 1,200 HP I need to make sure a drop could handle the power. Anyone have that power and a drop? info on that would help greatly. 3) solid radiator hoses. Are they worth it? 4) under drive pulley, how much quicker is the rev up and is it worth the bucks. ANY help on getting my truck stronger and more powerful would help alot. I amd sure i will have more questions, but my main goal for now is getting everything more sturdy and the drop.

Thanks guys.

If you are going to go to twin turbo's, you will need custom headers, so I would save the $2k for later on. I would talk to Justin (JMB) about suspension set-ups. He has built ***'s truck and it is the most mofidied of anyone's. I have rottenronnies underdrive and yes it is worth it! It is an inexpensive way to pick up some hp.:rock:

And....I run a BBK like SRT2SLOW. There is a big difference in throttle response and again a few HP.:)

so BBK is better than JTSV TB?

I bought my BBK before Stinker started to make his. They are both better than stock. There is a fellow from Germany working on one also. He posted gains better than Stinker's, but he is not selling them yet.

Get the SCT tuner first with one of Torrie's tunes...it will be the backbone of every other performance mod you do later on....and it makes a BIG difference in the quads cabs w/o any other mods.....will really make you smile..

I agree on waiting on the headers. Why spend the $ if you are gonna ditch them later when you go turbos.

Best bang to start for sure is the SCT tune. And if your going to wait on headers then I would cut out all 4 cats and try that our for awhile if your allowed in your state.

If you are going to go to twin turbo's, you will need custom headers, so I would save the $2k for later on. I would talk to Justin (JMB) about suspension set-ups. He has built ***'s truck and it is the most mofidied of anyone's. I have rottenronnies underdrive and yes it is worth it! It is an inexpensive way to pick up some hp.:rock:

whos truck?? dom's ??

Take this advice if you want to....Dont do anything until you know what your going to do!!!!!!

You will be taking parts off and selling them for half price!!!! trust me

I agree with this 100%,Make a good plan,And stick with the plan.:rock:

If you plan on turbos. You better start looking into pistons, rods & the finer things in life besides headers.

It's like brad said, don't buy this & that just to sell it later on for pennies on the dollar.

But the build you wanna do, hell you must have the money :D:D

So, start with a budget of 35k and expect that to change

Personally, I would go with the single hair dryer like Dom did on his

My buddy is a Fab. that has worked for many shops including Hennessy. I know i can get a good deal on my build, and an even better one if he hurries up and opens his own shop. As for the tranny i havent decided where to take it yet. Some people tell me circle D. I am probably gonna do the tranny work first that way its already ready for whatever i can throw at it.

And VENOMOUS1, what is your suspension steup? i am looking into maybe dropping it, or just leveling. And i have found caltracs only for the RC's.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back