Supercharger

I don't post much in here anymore, kind of a lurker but.....
Had to post here, get a Paxton, it will destroy a roe truck any day in my opinion. I was running 10pds on a stock bottom except for a addition on a cam, 700rwhp no issues. Had a good tune, small oiling upgrades to add a little more to the cylinders and it never caused any issues. Roe looks nice but eh for the money get the Paxton, a nice progressive build on boost in a good tune. As for the street the Paxton was awesome! Sh*t eating grin every time I punched it in. God I miss that truck--sold her a while ago and from what I have heard she is still running strong as the day she left.

I don't post much in here anymore, kind of a lurker but.....
Had to post here, get a Paxton, it will destroy a roe truck any day in my opinion. I was running 10pds on a stock bottom except for a addition on a cam, 700rwhp no issues. Had a good tune, small oiling upgrades to add a little more to the cylinders and it never caused any issues. Roe looks nice but eh for the money get the Paxton, a nice progressive build on boost in a good tune. As for the street the Paxton was awesome! Sh*t eating grin every time I punched it in. God I miss that truck--sold her a while ago and from what I have heard she is still running strong as the day she left.

Thanks, I'm still thing on it.

I think Chris with what you want , an want out of the truck , you made the correct choice for your application buddy,not everyone wants to be the quickest in the quarter, some like to just have fun

If this is something you have to budget for, don't do anything....what you have just plain rocks.....if money isn't really an object, go with the ROE.....the cool factor is off the charts, and I was incredibly impressed in my few visits to ROE - those guys always treated me like a king.....I've ridden in trucks with both, the ROE just sounds kickass......as well as performance, the paxton actually seemed to hook a little better.....the ROE was more immediate, which seemed to motivate the tires to break loose quicker, where the paxton seemed to wind up a little slower, tires seemed to like that better....

Either way, it's a win, both were kickass....

x3 for the procharger:drool: listen to the video clip of yellowfever154(i think) it still makes a great sound and if you ever wanted to it'll crank out ungodly horsepower:rock:

For sure the Procharger.

I have watched all the results over the years on these sites and the Procharger is the best bang for the buck. Good parts right off the bat that can handle much more power at a later date once you have built the motor.

Justin's quality of each component is second to none and he will customize your kit for what you want to achieve.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2yaGfB0_j4]2005 SRT-10 Ram F1C Procharger - first fire up - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDS72C-NQI]Supercharged Dodge Ram SRT-10 on dyno at PSI - YouTube[/ame]

I went with roe because I haven't really herd of anyone having a problem with them. I bought nostalgia slicks and caltracks so hopefully I can get that instant power to stick. If it grips I don't see why I can't run a decent number at the track. Just my choice and two cents.

A built motor is going to be around $12k

Paxton is $6.5K for the tuner kit. In addition you will need SCT tuner, bigger injectors, 2 bar map sensor, (and dual in-tank fuel pumps not necessary but recommended)

Roe is $7.3k for the kit. In addition you will need SCT tuner.

Procharger is $6.5k for the base kit. In addition you will need JMB electric fan assembly $700, SCT tuner, bigger injectors, 2 bar map sensor, (and dual in-tank fuel pumps not necessary but recommended)
Options $2.6k for the front mount intercooler

If money is no object Procharger, if your on a budget Paxton. Of course you will need to add funds for tuning the monster once it is done.

Good thread. If I was going to invest in serious power mods, I would be looking at n/a stuff. Heads and intake yield better numbers than some s/c builds, without the hassle, and with less cost.

Are you going to get into the bottom end?

Just my new-guy opinion,
-Chris

IMHO - get a roe, it's alot of fun for a street truck - just have to remember options are like assholes every body has one - but its all about what u want

You want instant power or progressive power

Me I want instant - nothing like having a top mount s/c - these days I'm not looking to be the fastest on the road or have my pecker is bigger then yours syndrome lol

I'm sure there alot of people telling you oh no not a roe - it makes no power...

Right now for me - it makes enough power for a street truck and make it alot of fun

And were going to see what it will do at the track here in a few weeks On a stock bottom end.

Then my buddy Tony (jtsvp) is going to build my motor and the fun will really begin ...

Roe looks badass. The Paxton makes more power.

it sure does !!!!

Picture105.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Picture104.jpg

Back