Suspension Mods For Traction?

any way to tell if leafs are shot? I'm getting boat load of slap back there. and a buddy of mine says my springs look flat on right.and the left is worn worse. now I wondering if my extended warranty is going to cover these.

Yes and no. Stock it was more reliable. Built it was like every other hot rod. It was in constant need of attention. Did it handle well? That depends on your goal. Those giant tires did not like to turn in the rain. In the dry, it ran like a raped ape. I could spin the tires at 60 mph, but that was not a function of the suspension. That was a function of the torque and the super hard downshift. At the track I never got to fully tune my driving and the suspension. Without tuning I got my 60' down from a 2.0 to 1.8 (by memory forgive me if it is wrong). I was always confident that with tuning and practice It could get down to 1.7 and maybe crack a 1.6 with drag slicks. I was pretty sure that would have gotten me well into the 11's.

Thank you for your response. :). At what point did it stop becoming factory reliable and become a "project"? For example, if I was to give you a factory stock truck, what mods, if any, would you do to it?

any way to tell if leafs are shot? I'm getting boat load of slap back there. and a buddy of mine says my springs look flat on right.and the left is worn worse. now I wondering if my extended warranty is going to cover these.

What year is your truck and is it RC or QC? Is it stock suspension?

05 QC Stock susp. 81K

Measure the distance between the top of each tire and the center of the wheel opening. Maybe one of the guys with a stock QC can measure theirs so you can see if yours sits at the correct ride height.

Thank you for your response. :). At what point did it stop becoming factory reliable and become a "project"? For example, if I was to give you a factory stock truck, what mods, if any, would you do to it?

When I added the supercharger. Next I ate the tranny. Then I ate the engine.

I would take it to a real race shop and do the 4 link again. The axle, tubbing and wheel widening were all worth while. I am not real sure about adding more power or the method though. Some have added power with no problems, and others have chased demons from the outset. I guess it truly is a users choice.

I may go the route of some of the exotic normally aspirated builds with a eye towards reliability and not one on power. Truly fast would be a balance of weight reduction, traction and reliable power.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back