The Batram's New Engine Bay

Carlwalski said:
Thanks bud! I use a pretty average (old) but very good and easy to use Sony DSC-F828. It's a 10 mega pixel camera which in todays standards isn't too impressive lol, was in the day though. I have always said, cameras capture what the eye of the photographer takes, without blowing my own trumpet, a good shot comes down to the person taking it, vision, creativity and a little practise. Car photography is a hobby of mine, like everything else, self taught. :) Just grab a decent camera with all the settings, aperture, shutter speed, contrast controls, etc etc and snap, snap, snap. For a car shoot I'll fire away anywhere from 150-200+ photos. Only 20-30 of those will be perfect, the rest, bin 'em. Doesn't hurt, get creative!! ;)

SonyDSC-F828.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I am impressed with how well yours is doing the close ups without getting overexposed...I have been "practicing" sheilding the flash with my hand :dontknow: I clearly suck at pics ;)

Demon 8 said:
Thanks for the tip. I am impressed with how well yours is doing the close ups without getting overexposed...I have been "practicing" sheilding the flash with my hand :dontknow: I clearly suck at pics ;)
No worries mate. I NEVER use the flash. Only when it's very dark outside, then again, I never take photos at night. Set your aperture higher to grab more light, not too much though. Overcast days are THE best for taking photos IMO. Especially exterior shots, keeps things realistic and the vehicles lines true.

Thanks for the kind words viperpwred! :)

Man!!! Carl that looks friggin AMAZING!!!! :rock::rock:

Hope you work out the bugs...

05dodgesrt10 said:
that is jus straight bad as* very very well done bud :)
Thank you Sir, nice to hear that from anyone especially from someone with similar tastes and ideas. :)

Ok... u have taking modding a 10... to a whole new level this is my favorite 10 ever..... that engine bay is awsome i am gonna go take mine apart and paint it now lol

Coley 1334 said:
Ok... u have taking modding a 10... to a whole new level this is my favorite 10 ever..... that engine bay is awsome i am gonna go take mine apart and paint it now lol
Thanks bud! You're making me blush! That's the spirit, get stuck into it! I think it was Venom Power (Ants) brought something to my attention that I thought was interesting. The Batram won TOTY with just bolt ons (500rwhp at the max) and an 85% stock engine bay, prior to it's new engine bay. No huge SC setup, turbos or even a drop of NOS, I thought that was pretty cool. I guess it just goes to show, you don't need to go wild with power to get attention or turn heads, just a little time, attention and some unique mods (auto conversion, paddle shifters, etc) thrown in for good measure. :) I've said it many, many times, it's all the small things. Painting bolts black isn't much of a mod, but when you take 20, 30 or 100s of those small kind of touches, they really do unite and make the overall package, IMO. :burnout:

BatHood.jpg

Last edited:
this has inspired me to make my ram that much better looking. only problem is finding the time.

do the intake gaskets need to be replaced or can they be reused? i've been thinking about cleaning up the engine bay because imo it looks bad with all the wires.

71dusterjon said:
this has inspired me to make my ram that much better looking. only problem is finding the time.

do the intake gaskets need to be replaced or can they be reused? i've been thinking about cleaning up the engine bay because imo it looks bad with all the wires.
Thanks mate, too kind. ;) The intake and valve cover gaskets can be reused. Just double check them to make sure there aren't any obvious signs of damage or wear and tear and you'll be 100% safe. The only gaskets I would replace when doing something like this would be the header/manifold and collector gaskets. :) Thanks again guys for the kind words.

Last edited:
im assuming valve cover gaskets can be reused too?

I just went outside to look at my engine and it looks like a big job but well worth it in the end.

71dusterjon said:
im assuming valve cover gaskets can be reused too?

I just went outside to look at my engine and it looks like a big job but well worth it in the end.
My bad, my last post was supposed to be valve covers NOT head gaskets (post edited). It is a big job, just time consuming, not hard hard, a few stressful parts but if it were easy, what fun would that be stepping back at the end of it all to admire ones handy work. :p I'm no pro but enjoy getting my hands dirty, I'm here to help if I can, so ask away if needs be. :)

For me, this shot shows a lot, all the wires near the battery are no longer in sight, the battery (obviously) has been relocated, much cleaner.

EnginePrior1.JPG

BatEngine3.JPG

your attention to detail is amazing, truck looks good!!!:rock:

while it's abit too much black for me, i appreciate the hard work..... :)

any other mods that you're intending to do ? :dontknow:

moparracing said:
your attention to detail is amazing, truck looks good!!!:rock:

while it's abit too much black for me, i appreciate the hard work..... :)

any other mods that you're intending to do ? :dontknow:
Thanks bud, as I stated in my first post, I'm not arrogant enough to think everyone will love it lol :laugh: Thanks for the honesty too! :) The exterior, interior and now engine bay are completed so time to spice it up with some defensive weapons. I have the smoke screen in place, next is oil & caltrop (ninja star) dispensers (both automated from the interior). They'll be activated by an actuator and located at the very rear of the truck. Apart from those "fun" mods, it's done - time to enjoy what I have created and let the gas stations smile. :p

BatEngine7.jpg

Last edited:
Back