The Go Fast Plan

iraqivet01 said:
What size did you go with?
Wheels are ordered.
The wheels are American Racing Wheels. They are being ordered in 20 X 10 size. The fronts will be stock back spacing of 6.5". The rears are going to come with 4", but the wheels are being cut and 6" is being added to the back side.

I thought I would post my timeline, so I would validate the theory of taking a lot longer than planned.
My engine is due in 6 weeks, plus 1 week each way in shipping. So figure 8 weeks. That puts it in early Feb to be back in WA. Give me another week for install, and we are looking at end of the month to be running.

My wheels are due in mid January. Then another 2 weeks for cutting, and another week to ship to WA. So early Feb for wheels in WA.

Then I can order the Axle. It will take 6 weeks for build. So it will be mid March before it is ready. Add in shipping and install and we are easily looking at April for final delivery.

So there is my goal. Truck running with new suspension by Mid April.

I got the shipping quote finalized today. It is going to be $540.00 to ship the motor. The original quote from my local shippers was $1600 - $2200. Thanks to Joe at PBJ for hooking me up with a good shipping company.

I am around. Truck is running.
My truck was completed by VTCOA during my cancer battle. Eric RamFromHell took my truck to his house and with the help of VTCOA, John Edwards, and Arrow Racing restored my engine from the nightmare experience I had with another builder.

I even got a virgin pass of 12.0 out of the truck after we finished it.

Good to hear from ya Dale! Been a long time! I was about to respond to SRT10Venomous that it has been a while since hearing from you. Congrats on that "Virgin" pass as well.:D

Can ya post some more pics especially of your rear end...

Yes, please... that is the look of a _real_ muscle truck with the mini-tubbed rear and 10" wide wheels. I would have to find a good fab shop in DFW, and my truck doesn't have the go power to necessitate that (yet), but I'd like to see side shots of the truck with those 20" wheels on it, and pics of the narrowed rear end.

Yes, please... that is the look of a _real_ muscle truck with the mini-tubbed rear and 10" wide wheels. I would have to find a good fab shop in DFW, and my truck doesn't have the go power to necessitate that (yet), but I'd like to see side shots of the truck with those 20" wheels on it, and pics of the narrowed rear end.

Thank You.
The rear wheels were 10" until I cut them and added another 6" to make them 20" X 16" with 10" of backspace.

I have been on the forums all along. I only post every once in a while, but check in daily.

I will try to look for some pics later. I was always hopeful to be truck of the month one day, but the last time I was nominated it did not run. So I requested to be removed. Since I got it running again I have never been nominated. So I never got to desperate to post pictures.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Attached are a selection of photos from the build process. Enjoy.

Attachments

• P1000688.jpg
    P1000688.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 170
  • P1000909.jpg
    P1000909.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010029.jpg
    P1010029.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 90
  • P1000264.jpg
    P1000264.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 96
  • P1000268.jpg
    P1000268.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 94
  • P1000272.jpg
    P1000272.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 96
  • P1000324.jpg
    P1000324.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 111
  • P1000325.jpg
    P1000325.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 185
  • P1000418.jpg
    P1000418.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 93
  • P1000683.jpg
    P1000683.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 108
Looks fantastic... the bed turned out OEM-looking. I assume the rear-end 4-link + trac-bar setup was completely custom, and would be difficult to replicate.

How tall are the tires? I figured they might be shorter than the stockers, but they are almost the same height, so gearing isn't affected much at all.

Extremely well done! Kudos!

did you end up having to use a fuel cell or were you able to keep the factory fuel tank?

I was able to keep the stock tank. If I did it again, I would have done a fuel cell. I made to many compromises trying to keep the tank.

The tires were 33" tall. I had the speedo recalibrated, but I did keep the stock 4.56 gears. I have the ROE, so I have plenty of low end torque.

Looks fantastic... the bed turned out OEM-looking. I assume the rear-end 4-link + trac-bar setup was completely custom, and would be difficult to replicate.

How tall are the tires? I figured they might be shorter than the stockers, but they are almost the same height, so gearing isn't affected much at all.

Extremely well done! Kudos!

47402d1321739622-go-fast-plan-p1000325.jpg

What size tires did you end up with on the front? And was your 12.0 on your street tires? I think that's the fastest roe 1/4 mile time so far.

I will have to look at the front tires. They are on 20" rims, but I forget the size.

The time was on my street tires with full weight truck. Went on a date with my wife when runs were done.

There was a guy tyler banger or something like that that was faster.

Looks excellent Dale! :rock:Great pics, your big tires sure make the axels look small! Lol:D, how is the ride and traction with the big tires on there now Dale?:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back