The Go Fast Plan

I just got a message back from Kevin at Exotic Engines. Boy is it tempting. Depending on how things shape up over this next few months, I may send the truck to them and DC for the winter.

OHHHHHH BOY....I KANT WAIT!!!!:D:D:D:D

Hopefully this will make the difference for me!:)

tinygiants said:
I just got a message back from Kevin at Exotic Engines. Boy is it tempting. Depending on how things shape up over this next few months, I may send the truck to them and DC for the winter.

Dude, start thinking about buying another vehicle for a daily driver.

Sooner or later a beast like you're contemplating will bite you when you least expect it. That, or you you might end up frequently opening up your wallet for the local constabulary!:D

Ram From Hell said:
Dude, start thinking about buying another vehicle for a daily driver.

Sooner or later a beast like you're contemplating will bite you when you least expect it. That, or you you might end up frequently opening up your wallet for the local constabulary!:D

Already in the plan. I will be moving to Belfair soon, so I will be getting a guttless commuter car. That will be the only way I can take my baby down for an extended time anyway.

I just want my engine to be the equal of the rest of you folks. As low as my stock power was, there must be room for significant improvement from a refresh. I will gain power and reliability from the forged internals. EED believes they can get me to 600 - 700 RWHP on my ROE boost. But the engine will be strong enough to do more in the future. Heck I could even add striker heads for real power. I hear ROE is makiing a new pulley for getting more boost out of my unit. In any case, forged internals will give me options.

Now I just have to save my money, or find a sugar moma who likes hot rods.

A daily driver, a trailer, an extra bay in the garage, a lift, piped air, air conditioning and heating, a full-time employee like Marty at X-Metal...bet ya Boomer would kill if someone tried to hire him away!

I just got off the phone with Dan at DCPerformance. I hope the overtime ferry comes through this winter to make my gofast dreams a reality.

I am supposed to call them back next week. Dan will help co-ordinate between Sean Roe @ Roe Racing (for my Roe TMTS and supporting upgrades), Kevin Singleton @ EED (for my engine build), and himself for install and tune. Theen we can work on a realistic quote. This looks like it could easily become a reality. Now all I need is a Off Station trip to San Diego (I work for the DOD) so I can watch it happen in real time.

tinygiants said:
I just got off the phone with Dan at DCPerformance. I hope the overtime ferry comes through this winter to make my gofast dreams a reality.

I am supposed to call them back next week. Dan will help co-ordinate between Sean Roe @ Roe Racing (for my Roe TMTS and supporting upgrades), Kevin Singleton @ EED (for my engine build), and himself for install and tune. Theen we can work on a realistic quote. This looks like it could easily become a reality. Now all I need is a Off Station trip to San Diego (I work for the DOD) so I can watch it happen in real time.

This is just what we all need! You got it going! Cooperation between our favorite vendors to get the most out of our trucks...I hope this is the start of a trend that will grow.

Cudos to Dan for taking the first step!

Now if we can get Boomer, Underground, DC Performance and Roe all working together for us....damn, this could be the start of something big!

Prof said:
This is just what we all need! You got it going! Cooperation between our favorite vendors to get the most out of our trucks...I hope this is the start of a trend that will grow.

Cudos to Dan for taking the first step!

Now if we can get Boomer, Underground, DC Performance and Roe all working together for us....damn, this could be the start of something big!
Dan & Kevin already have a co-operative relationship. My ROE SC will mandate the teamwork. DC obviously has a lot of experience with the paxton sc, but he wants to leverage ROE's opinnion/experience for tuning the twin screw. With my goals Dan is exploring my need to beef up the stock fuel system. That is where Roe will come in. We will see if the financial winds blow in my direction.

A few weeks ago, Dan at DC told me he was not interested in taking on my potential project. So I have called Joe at PBJ. He is going to work me up an estimate to get me over 700 at the wheels on my Roe SC. I sked him to take his time, as this was in the planning/dreaming phase. My best case would be to save the money between now and income tax refund and get it done late winter into spring. Wish me luck in my ability to save.

Easy:

forged rods, forged pistons, Striker heads, and a 200 shot of juice!

Of course that is from an academic who has a boosted 14 second truck...so take it with a grain of salt, some tobasco, and a double martini...:p :p :p

:) With my vast experience of motors, I am going to follow a piece of advice I hear over and over.

Let your tuner tell you what he wants to set up! So I am going to defer to Joe. What ever he wants to do to get there, is what I am going to follow. From the context of our conversation, I believe we are going to build the internals and work on higher boost numbers.

I have a friend here in augusta with the roe system, he has had one problem after another. Right now the truck is in my yard leaking oil , and has blown oil ever since the sc install. we have just put a catch can on it and when he changes gears it smokes like hell from running too rich. Before my 06 rc I had a yellow fever rc with the vec on it and those guys never got my cards right. I always had a miss or a cough or a dead spot, Here is the funny thing , with my 06 i will pull him a truck length every time with the mods i have. Another friend has the paxton on his rc and he will run off and leave me. F or my money if i go to a sc it will be the paxton

tinygiants said:
I believe we are going to build the internals and work on higher boost numbers.

Not too sure how much higher you'll be able to go on boost with the Roe. The efficiency will start going down, and your intake temps will be going up. Even with methanol injection, I don't think it will take too much more boost before detonation becomes an issue again.

BTW, going to the track this Friday? If it's dry, you ought to at least watch the purple beast pull the front wheels.:D Maybe get a side-by-side run so you can get an idea of how hard that puppy leaves...;)

Pirateman, Bring the paxson and you and I can compare tail lights, or just stop by and see Bone he is very close to you...sorry I am not in a good mood, but I have just passed the one year mark with my Roe, and it has been nothing but pleasure...maybe your friend should look within...

Ram From Hell said:
Not too sure how much higher you'll be able to go on boost with the Roe. The efficiency will start going down, and your intake temps will be going up. Even with methanol injection, I don't think it will take too much more boost before detonation becomes an issue again.

BTW, going to the track this Friday? If it's dry, you ought to at least watch the purple beast pull the front wheels.:D Maybe get a side-by-side run so you can get an idea of how hard that puppy leaves...;)

Eric,
Joe is working on higher ROE boost numbers now with one of his projects. So my truck will not be the test bed. I will wait and see what all he wants to do to get there. I would like to get there without Nitrous. That way I can add it later when I get the wild hair in the arse.

As for this Friday, No Can Do. I am a grave yard puke right now. I will be on 7 days a week 5:00 PM till 6:00 AM for the next month. I did want to see it run though.

i think those of us with the qc's are loosing gobs of power out of the stock tranny and torque converter. thats just my observation. cant wait till my tranny blows. trying to baby it till xmas then its on. ill be givin it hell from then on.

tinygiants said:
As for this Friday, No Can Do. I am a grave yard puke right now. I will be on 7 days a week 5:00 PM till 6:00 AM for the next month. I did want to see it run though.

I might go out Saturday too, depending on weather (and/or if I run in the 9's again and get booted off the track).:D

Ram From Hell said:
I might go out Saturday too, depending on weather (and/or if I run in the 9's again and get booted off the track).:D
Good Luck at getting in runs.

How do you go about getting licensed? Do you make half track passes?

tinygiants said:
Good Luck at getting in runs.

How do you go about getting licensed? Do you make half track passes?

As I understand it, you have an NHRA certified guy come out who has you do burn outs, launches, half passes, then full passes within the time that you're getting licensed for. The other issue is that the vehicle also has to have a current certification for the times that it will be running.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back