The Go Fast Plan

I will be posting a before and after analysis as well. My SC was moved up to July15. BTW my QC dynoed around 360 at Boomers. There is still debate as to wheter or not the parking brake was on!:eek: . Anyway we'l have another analysis coming up

Steve

Hell Dale just put a 250 shot on top of that Roe and be done with it!

Prof said:
Hell Dale just put a 250 shot on top of that Roe and be done with it!

Now Roy, that would defeat the whole purpose. :)

I am not convinced that juice is safe on my stock internals. Maybe in a few years when I go the monster build route.

I wanted a streatable hot rod. I am there. I would like the option of a kick butt track tune (still safe) though. But, ultimately the HP number is not that important.

Silverback said:
Randy, you have to remember two things here. First is Dales truck is a QC so he looses more in the drive train. Second is it's a Red truck. They don't have as much power to start with.;) :p :D

That should be good for at least 2 or 3 responses.:D :p
right again john......... i keep forgetting it's not yellow or an rc !!!!:rock:

Tranny Build is taking longer than planned. The builder got the wrong torque converter. The right one (billet 2500 stall) is due in today, then the tranny can be installed tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting my truck back.

Roy, doing without your truck while it was getting mocked up for the new axle must have killed you. I know it would have killed me.

tinygiants said:
Roy, doing without your truck while it was getting mocked up for the new axle must have killed you. I know it would have killed me.

Damn snowblower was keeping me busy...now I am looking to spray it or find a supercharger to make the snow removal go faster!

Prof said:
Damn snowblower was keeping me busy...now I am looking to spray it or find a supercharger to make the snow removal go faster!

I have a link at home for a snow blower powered by a BB Chevy. That should do the trick for you.;) :p :D

Got the truck back :)

It has a 2500 stall converter in it now. I can not wait till I get it broke in, so I can get on it. I hope to take a road trip this weekend, so I can try my luck at the strip next Friday.

Really interested in how you do, be sure to let us know...ASAP.

Roy, you know I will. Besides no matter how bad it is, it can only get better.

I am looking forward to getting my custom tune as well. I will get my cards out in the mail tomorrow, I just hope I get them there overnight to Sean by Monday. Then I hope he gets them back by Friday.

I am seriously thinking about the axle upgrade though, as I have already signed up for the line lock kit.

Damn....where you stalking this thread or something???:D:D:D

My getting a Roe was hinged on your truck...since we have the same one. I am a little disappointed in the performance. It seems like the only positive things anybody has to say about it is that its great for street....:(

I want something that is great for Street/Track....I guess I might look elsewhere....I dunno, we will see.

I do not believe it is fair to look at my results and blame the SC. My truck was anemic to start with. I started with 373 at the wheels. I ended with 490. that is an increase of 117 hp which is 31%. I am happy, and I would do it again. Except this time I would get the tranny work done in parallel, and maybe do a internal build also.

tinygiants said:
I do not believe it is fair to look at my results and blame the SC. My truck was anemic to start with. I started with 373 at the wheels. I ended with 490. that is an increase of 117 hp which is 31%. I am happy, and I would do it again. Except this time I would get the tranny work done in parallel, and maybe do a internal build also.

Naaaahhh...I've been watching this thing for a while. Dont forget, I was there when they unveiled it. I think its innovative and exciting, but dont think that your truck is the only one that bleeds out when the pedal hits the floor.:dontknow:

...and I WISH I had the money for an internal build as well...:eek:

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Naaaahhh...I've been watching this thing for a while. Dont forget, I was there when they unveiled it. I think its innovative and exciting, but dont think that your truck is the only one that bleeds out when the pedal hits the floor.:dontknow:

...and I WISH I had the money for an internal build as well...:eek:

I used to have money for an internal build. Now my truck bleeds. It bleeds money.:(

One of these days soon though....

tinygiants said:
373 ??? no wonder that tahoe beat ya....... :D

These trucks vary greatly in stock horsepower. We have frequently seen as much as 75 or 80 hp difference. I'm sure that all vehicles are the same, but the differences are larger in performance vehicles like ours. My truck was a surprise to Roe Racing when the dyno showed 468 hp stock. That dyno was in very hot humid conditions and might have read even higher in better air.

I don't understand Kris's comments, just sounds like he is depressed...I concur that your hp increase is within the parameters stated by Roe. It appears that the stronger the engine to start with, the larger the increase under forced induction.

Steve, I have seen situations in which small errors are made when running dyno's...your e-brake issue is one, leaving the air conditioning on by mistake can rob as much as 12 or 15%, your truck could have been suffering from heat soak...you are going in the right direction by getting another baseline and then going from there. But remember that running twice or three times on a specific dyno does not always provide apples to apples comparisons. There are many variables.

With so much fun being had at the track, I got to thinking.

I am looking into a EED build with a DC tune. It is a fantasy today, but I just may try to make it happen depending on budget.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back