The Go Fast Plan

tinygiants said:
All I can say is WOW.
The dyno was lower than I expected, but that was without meth. (490 hp 480 torque)

The rough idle was due to a broken wire in the harness extension.

The installer did not install meth injection due to a percieved missing wire. I got home and traced wires and located the right spot in the harness. Install was easy after that since I already had everything else ready.

I took it for a test ride, and it was a blast. The meth injection did make a difference. Every start was a WOT. Pure joy.

PICS later. It is dark now.
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Good job Dale!

Sounds like your going to have a blast this weekend.. :rock:

Will

nycstev said:
How many miles do you get out a refill of meth?

Steve the meth usage is minor...in regular driving I use half a reservoir every three weeks...so it could easily be a once a month service. At the strip a reservoir should last the full day. Refill is usually $2.00 at any autoparts store, KMart, WalMart...etc.

If you use your windshield washers that will deplete the reservoir too...so check it more often if you do.

Roy

Prof said:
Steve the meth usage is minor...in regular driving I use half a reservoir every three weeks...so it could easily be a once a month service. At the strip a reservoir should last the full day. Refill is usually $2.00 at any autoparts store, KMart, WalMart...etc.

If you use your windshield washers that will deplete the reservoir too...so check it more often if you do.

Roy

Hey .. sounds like a good deal! Winshiel fluid? I thought it was some esoteric hard to find chemical.

Steve

Everyone thinks water/methanol injection is a magic complicated science...but it really is only Mr. Wizzard stuff...

I may have lost 90% of the audience with my reference to Mr. Wizzard...

Prof said:
I may have lost 90% of the audience with my reference to Mr. Wizzard...

Thank goodness for google... :)

"Mr. Wizard's World" (1983)
With the help of his young assistants, Mr. Wizard starts each episode with a demonstration that at first glance should be impossible, but is actually based firmly on basic scientific principles. Mr. Wizard's explanations are aimed at kids, but are in-depth enough to be educational and interesting for anyone. His experiments are usually kept simple enough for parents and kids to re-create at home.

Congrats Dale. As for the hp, well, your tranny will just live that much longer.

Thanks guys. After driving it, my dismay:mad: at numbers was replaced by a smile.:burnout:

Silver, my numbers were made on a tune by Sean. The dyno run shows I am nice and safe across the board. It is making 6 lbs of boost. It also gained progressivly on the dyno. At the start it made 470, by the last run it made 490. The tuner talked about giving it a week to learn my driving, and we will check for a difference.

Now that being said: I plan to re-dyno now that the meth is installed. I will send those dyno runs to Sean and get some more cards. I am sure I will break 500 next time. With a little tuning, I think I will scare 550.

For NowWhat: Maybe I need headers to really get it out? :dontknow:

More tidbits: Heat soak instantly robbed 10 hp. You can see it in the dyno graphs. Tow Haul mode was actually a lower output as well. The tech speculated it was due to the tranny locking up harder thereby causing just a bit more driveline loss.

Remeber the Festoring !@#$hole I live in? It is raining today. But I have great news, I am on the way to get my daughter, so it will be a great day anyway. We can not get her new bed though :( But we will do something fun. Maybe we will take pics when the rain breaks.

Wise choice. Daughter time beats just about everything in my opinion. Besides our trucks are dangerous when the footing is dry and the truck is box stock. When you join the boosted ranks, the hp and tq move you into the never never land of no drive when footing is anything less than perfect.

:)

We got her mattress, but the new bunk bed will have to wait for a sunny day. It is OK though. Todays nap will be with Lightning McQueen (The animated movie CARS). She loves that movie and chose cars over little mermaids (Daddys little girl). What more could a proud father ask for, than a little girl who shares interest?

As the truck is my daily driver, I do drive in all weather with it. But I have a feeling this winter will find me in a beater.

Here is the dyno. Numbers are low, but it hits torque fast.
This is without the meth. I will get that dyno in the next week or two.

tinygiants said:
Here is the dyno. Numbers are low, but it hits torque fast.
This is without the meth. I will get that dyno in the next week or two.
wow, congrats dale......:D

i've got to say though - those numbers are really quite low & not what i would expect at all..... prof's right ~ 6lbs of boast & makes RWHP: 620.20 Torque: 639.49 ?? is it a rc/qc thing ?? :dontknow:

moparracing said:
wow, congrats dale......:D

i've got to say though - those numbers are really quite low & not what i would expect at all..... prof's right ~ 6lbs of boast & makes RWHP: 620.20 Torque: 639.49 ?? is it a rc/qc thing ?? :dontknow:

The automatic sucks some of the power Randy, but it should not be that much.

Well, I am not dissapointed just yet. I started at 373, and now I am at 489.77. This is on the non meth tune. I fully believe that I have another 50 - 60 in the meth and truck specific tune. I will give ROE a call on Monday and see.

Maybe I need headers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back