The Go Fast Plan

tinygiants said:
Well, I am not dissapointed just yet. I started at 373, and now I am at 489.77. This is on the non meth tune. I fully believe that I have another 50 - 60 in the meth and truck specific tune. I will give ROE a call on Monday and see.

Maybe I need headers.
373 ?? that seems very low for stock...... hope there's nothing wrong with your engine.....
if true, it doesn't seem possible to achieve what prof's got out of his stock motor......... something doesn't jive here....:dontknow:

When I spoke to ROE, they said they have seen anywhere from 380 - 430 on a stock motor. I had 373. Maybe the dyno I am on is set up differently:dontknow: . Truth is I expected more, and I am betting more is still in the tune. Same operator, same dyno, and I added 117 hp with a SC and cat delete.

I know I felt a SOTP difference from SC, and SC with Meth. I did not feel a difference when I delted my cats and added magnablows. So I am hopeful that I added atleast 30 hp with the meth and meth tuned card. Roy got 154 ish with the kit. If my sotp dyno is any indication, I should be near 150ish for my SC and CAT delete. Short of Roy and others, but better than Furds.:rock:

I will get it back on the dyno in 2 weeks. That is when I will get all the widgets put back on. Right now they are out so that I can keep a sharp eye out for any leaks (A lot of systems were drained and disconnected). I am talking to my installer now to make a plan for FINE TUNING. We will be in touch with ROE and send the DYNO graph to them for analysis. Hopefully they can send me a go getem tune and we can work it from there. ROE was nice enough to send my installer the software to access VEC, so we should be able to map out and find my trucks sweet spot.

But, I am happy:p . I will not be at the drags, and I have no hope of reaching the levels of some of the folks here. Like Roy, I wanted a street quick ride. I am almost there.

The led is the activation light for the meth injection. It lights when the pump is activated.

nycstev said:
My Qc dynoes @ 360 ......
With parking brake on:D

Did you get your SC installed yet? You are going to love it.

My installer will be sending me the dyno file (as jpg) tomorrow. Our plan is to dyno with meth injection, and send the files to Sean at ROE. That will get us a nice solid starting point. I am confident that there is more in my baby with the hardware she has.

Dale, I am really impressed with the way you are going about your sc install. You are so correct...every truck is different...my truck stock dyno'd 40 or 50 hp higher than the shop truck at Roe Racing...they were very surprised and so was I. avmech was here yesterday with his Paxton boosted RC and it is an absolute beast! I don't doubt that he is putting down close to or over 700 rwhp. And it is very fast. Other Paxtons I have seen have less punch than my modest 620 rwhp...

We are street quick machines, we will set no records, but we will have achieved just what we were after...you are having a ball and you may well be building a boosted truck that your daughter will learn to drive in 13 or 14 years!

Thanks Roy. You are right. I love this truck, and it is my intention to keep her around a while. When I get a beater, I will be able to do more of the wrenching myself. I am excited. The house plans I am trying to build will have a 2 car garage that is 30 feet deep. That is plenty of room for my woodworking and car toys. My next house will be even better, baby steps.
Just like with my SC, baby steps.

tinygiants said:
Did you get your SC installed yet? You are going to love it.

My installer will be sending me the dyno file (as jpg) tomorrow. Our plan is to dyno with meth injection, and send the files to Sean at ROE. That will get us a nice solid starting point. I am confident that there is more in my baby with the hardware she has.
Its going in on 6/23. (RC)Going for a baseline Dyno this week.
Steve

nycstev said:
Its going in on 6/23. (RC)Going for a baseline Dyno this week.
Steve

Sweet...this trend is sweeping the SRT 10 world...

Well phase 2 of the go fast plan is here sooner than I thought.

My tranny suffered a bad govenor pressure switch this last week. It is getting fixed on Monday. In the mean time all the specialty parts and billet stuff are being ordered now. When they get in, the tranny build will follow.

Write this down: I should have listened to Nowwhat, and built the tranny while the SC was being installed. :) It would put me 1 < week without the truck.

I got my truck back in to the installer. He installed all of the covers and such that we left out to check for leaks. We also got the body work done from the install mishap. I was sad that they dented it, but I can not see any of the repair. They did a good job of matching.

I also got the dyno files for ROE. There was not a measureable difference (about 10hp) between meth and non meth. I topped out at the same number as last time. When I ran the tune from last time, it was a little lower than before. Not much.

I looked over all of the files, and I have to believe that dyno numbers are statistical nightmare. With the same tune, run back to back, you will see some variation in the outcome. This number ranges by about 5-10 hp before the heat soak. At heat soak, it becomes quite pronounced.

So overall i saw numbers a little lower than last week on the same tune. With meth, I equaled my previous tune (489hp). We will now see what Sean Roe can get out of it. Maybe I need headers. :)

The next test and tune is 7-6-07, so I will plan to make that one. I tried to go Friday, but I got there to late after getting it from the shop. So my first track run will be on the new tranny and hopefully on the custom tune.

I am surprised that you documented any hp difference with the meth injection.

Most will say that you will see none. What the meth does is assure against detonation. When I added meth to a normally injected engine I could see the difference in temperature immediately.

This is not a great time of the year to dyno...the heat and air density are difficult to manage. And yes, heat is the major hp killer in this engine.

tinygiants said:
Write this down: I should have listened to Nowwhat, and built the tranny while the SC was being installed. :) It would put me 1 < week without the truck.

Damn man, don't ever publicly say Mike is right...it'll give him the big head...;) :p :D

Prof said:
I am surprised that you documented any hp difference with the meth injection.

Most will say that you will see none. What the meth does is assure against detonation. When I added meth to a normally injected engine I could see the difference in temperature immediately.

This is not a great time of the year to dyno...the heat and air density are difficult to manage. And yes, heat is the major hp killer in this engine.
Roy,
You are right. But along with the meth injection, was a timing difference (5d non meth, 1d with meth). The HP difference was negligible. In my opinion, the difference was not great enough to be diffinitive. All of my runs were down from the SC initial runs by about 10 hp.

I will do some diggin in my files to see what the conditions were.

Roy,
Here are 4 of my run files.
Run # 11 was done when I got the SC. It is with tow haul off.
Run #14 was done Friday with tow haul on.
Both of these were with the same tune. When I got the SC, my best run was with this tune (489.7hp and 480.8tq), but I do not have the DRF file so I can mix and match for comparison.

Run file # 15 was with the 5d (same as the above runs) with tow haul on.
Run file # 17 was with the 1d water meth with tow haul on.
There was a small difference in HP, but not enough to be difinitive since each run varies so much from the previous.

tinygiants said:
I got my truck back in to the installer. He installed all of the covers and such that we left out to check for leaks. We also got the body work done from the install mishap. I was sad that they dented it, but I can not see any of the repair. They did a good job of matching.

I also got the dyno files for ROE. There was not a measureable difference (about 10hp) between meth and non meth. I topped out at the same number as last time. When I ran the tune from last time, it was a little lower than before. Not much.

I looked over all of the files, and I have to believe that dyno numbers are statistical nightmare. With the same tune, run back to back, you will see some variation in the outcome. This number ranges by about 5-10 hp before the heat soak. At heat soak, it becomes quite pronounced.

So overall i saw numbers a little lower than last week on the same tune. With meth, I equaled my previous tune (489hp). We will now see what Sean Roe can get out of it. Maybe I need headers. :)

The next test and tune is 7-6-07, so I will plan to make that one. I tried to go Friday, but I got there to late after getting it from the shop. So my first track run will be on the new tranny and hopefully on the custom tune.
what did you dyno your truck at before you started ?? ~490rwhp seems really low, makes me possibly rethink my supercharger choice....... much appreciate your honesty with your results !!!

moparracing said:
what did you dyno your truck at before you started ?? ~490rwhp seems really low, makes me possibly rethink my supercharger choice....... much appreciate your honesty with your results !!!

Randy, you have to remember two things here. First is Dales truck is a QC so he looses more in the drive train. Second is it's a Red truck. They don't have as much power to start with.;) :p :D

That should be good for at least 2 or 3 responses.:D :p

Silverback said:
Randy, you have to remember two things here. First is Dales truck is a QC so he looses more in the drive train. Second is it's a Red truck. They don't have as much power to start with.;) :p :D

That should be good for at least 2 or 3 responses.:D :p
Yep, what he said.

I honestly do not believe my power is a reflection on the ROE. I think it is more a function of my lower powered engine, desintegrating power robbing tranny, and the fact it is red not silver. I honestly expected more power, but I am not dissapointed with the SC itself. Heck, maybe my local speed shop has a thrifty dyno. In the end, I can say it is consistently getting better. We will see what my custom tune nets.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back