The Go Fast Plan

P285/50R20 is the tires on the front. Dry traction is really good. Wet weather is very poor. With the locked rear end, it will skate on wet pavement during a turn.

P285/50R20 is the tires on the front. Dry traction is really good. Wet weather is very poor. With the locked rear end, it will skate on wet pavement during a turn.

got any pictures of it from the side? i'd really love to do this with my RC one day, would probably go with ladder bars just because of the cost. i can only imagine the gas pump conversations that them giant tires start.:rock:

your rear end is locked permanently:dontknow:. i thought that would tear up tires and gears??

or did i misunderstand and you have a locker?

BTW, nice truck

I am sorry it is a Detroit Locker. However on wet roads with those giant tires, in a turn it slides before it unlocks.

I am sorry it is a Detroit Locker. However on wet roads with those giant tires, in a turn it slides before it unlocks.

aaahhhh, i gotcha. i am sure the torque back there doesnt help either:D

will that thing still get squirlly with all that rubber?

Yes. Those tires do not have a lot of sipping, so there is no real water control built into the tread. So it will get squirlly in a heart beat when it is wet. When it is dry, the tires and suspension are better than stock, but I have enough torque to break them free at will.

How much boost are you building with the Roe? How high was the elevation when you ran the 12.0 through the 1/4?

I make 12 psi with the ROE. I am not sure of the elevation. I am sure the elevation is not over hundred feet or so. It is probably much closer to sea level. Our terrain is very 3D around here. My 12 was a function of a poor launch. The track is not well prepped on test and tune nights. And I did not have many passes under my belt in that configuration. I truly believe that I can get a better 60' thereby improving my time to 11.7-8 range. If memory serves my 60' on the 12.0 run was 1.9. That is marginal at best. Some of the good drivers are getting 1.6. I think I can get a high 1.7 with practice, track prep, and tuning of the suspension.

117 if my memory is correct. I will try to find my timeslip tonight. I had it posted when we had the old timeslip section up.

Correction, my time was 12.19 with a 1.9 60' and 117 trap speed.

Seems I got faster with old age :) I will still try to find the actual timeslip when I get home.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back