The Go Fast Plan

Truck goes in Monday to get the minitubs done on the bed.

This is being done now as a matter of cost savings: When I removed my plastic bed liner, I found major paint damage. So I need to preserve the bed before rust sets in (festering !@#$ Hole). Well, I do not like spending money twice, so I am doing the tubs first then the bed liner. I will take pictures of the results and in process if I get the chance.

I stopped on my way in to work tonight. The tubs are cut. I will post pics in the AM when I get off. I will be able to pick it up tomorrow on my way in to work. I am starting to get excited.

Very nice!!!!

I can't wait to see it with some meats under there! :rock:

The tub ended up being 6 1/8". i will post the new pics in the AM when I get home.

tinygiants said:
The tub ended up being 6 1/8". i will post the new pics in the AM when I get home.

Is it tomorrow morning yet?!?! :D

Ram From Hell said:
Who are you having do the work?:rock:
Those Guys Customs. They are located below Max RPM.

The truck was not quite ready tonight. Some of the weld lines were still visible, so they kept it to make it look a bit better. They are going to help me drop it off for the Rhino Lining in the AM. It should be done there on Thursday.

Next is to solve the wheel issue, then it is on to figuering axle width. That all will likely have to wait till tax return time though :(

Roz-SRT said:
Is it tomorrow morning yet?!?! :D
Now it is. I just got off work. I get a 2 hour nap, and then it is time to pick up the beast and take it for the Rhino.

VERY nice. :rock:

FYI, I contaced (via email) M/T about those wheels we both like, they said no can do, but I still call BS. I still think if we were to get on the horn and talk to a live person, something could be custom made for the truck.

Good luck!

Roz-SRT said:
VERY nice. :rock:

FYI, I contaced (via email) M/T about those wheels we both like, they said no can do, but I still call BS. I still think if we were to get on the horn and talk to a live person, something could be custom made for the truck.

Good luck!
Well FSTJACK can get us Bogarts, so I am not really worried about the source as much as I am the correct back space. After talking to Jack, I am left to believe it may be possible to run the stock axle width, and thus the same spaciing from the front of the wheel. I just need to confirm that a wheel that deep is ok, then it is time to get serious. If it is OK I may even go with the 20" version of our wheels and widen them as was suggested on a previous thread.

tinygiants said:
Well FSTJACK can get us Bogarts, so I am not really worried about the source as much as I am the correct back space. After talking to Jack, I am left to believe it may be possible to run the stock axle width, and thus the same spaciing from the front of the wheel. I just need to confirm that a wheel that deep is ok, then it is time to get serious. If it is OK I may even go with the 20" version of our wheels and widen them as was suggested on a previous thread.

I just loved the style of the M/T's. That deep polished lip. I'm they'd get the backspacing correct once good communication is had with them. However, the Bogarts look great on FSTJACK's truck. I'd like to widen our stock wheels also. Personally, the only way I would "downgrade" to a 20" wheel is if it exceptionally badass, like the Bogarts or MT. I'm obsessed with the fat rear lip. :rock:

Well the final measurements are in. From the stock tire outer bulge to the frame rail is 19 inches, to the tub is 22 inches. The MT's are 18.9 inches according to the chart. I will either have to come out about an inch or move the frame rail in. I will have to look real hard and see what I want to do. I may need to put a spacer behind the stock wheel so I can visualize the impact of moving the wheel out.

Whew, that's close. Those MT's are HUGE! :D (which is why I love em) I think if you moved your wheels out 1/2" you'd be "alright". . .

If you got the option (now) to move the framerails in an inch, that's a no brainer. Better safe than sorry.

attachment.php

Rhino Lining done.

Finding wheels that fit our bolt pattern has become increasingly difficult. I misunderstood FSTJACK when he told me he could get Bogarts. He can, but they only go up to 17". I wanted to go for the 20" Mickey Thompson Street Radials. They require a 20 X 16 rim. I have found up to a 20 X 15. Not only am I not finding the size I want, they are $1500.00 ea and the tires are $450.00 each. If I decide to go with the 33 X 22 X 15 MT's, the tires are only $375.00 and 15 X 15 rims are available. They are also quite a bit more affordable (At least in the Weld Racing Wheels $250.00). So I will ask Jack if Bogart makes a streetable 15 X 15, and at what cost.

tiny if you jump on aim pm me got another idea to talk to you about :D

Engine is pulled. Local shop got a shipping quote of $2200.00 bucks. PBJ is helping, he expects it to be about $500.00.

I have decided on the wheels. I will order them today.
mC450.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back