The Go Fast Plan

Bad News: Install is halted.

The install shop found an oil leak. Since the truck is under warranty, I m taking it back in to get it addressed before install is attmpted again. :(

Better now than later.

Dale

Ram From Hell said:
Yup. Those are the oil cooler lines. I replaced mine last time you were over.

Congrats on the exhaust work!

Looks like you were right.

I just found out my oil cooler lines are leaking. And Dodge had it on a lift yesterday. They said my power steering lines were the blame, so I have a return line on order. It goes in tomorrow to have the oil cooler checked out. :( Still better now, while the warranty is good, than later.

tinygiants said:
Looks like you were right.

Very, very typical. Easy guess.

I'm hoping to get a little more "leak-free" time out of the new set. We'll see...

Hopefully this doesn't set your timetable back too far.

Ram From Hell said:
Very, very typical. Easy guess.

I'm hoping to get a little more "leak-free" time out of the new set. We'll see...

Hopefully this doesn't set your timetable back too far.

The hoses are in. I am dropping the truck off at the dealer tomorrow. I will get it back after work.

Then on Sunday I will install the meth injection, EBC Brake Pads, mount the VEC III, and plumb the boost gauge line. I also hope to retorque the midpipe flanges.

Then next week - - - SC Time.

The hoses are installed. Now I can focus on getting the small bits and parts installed for the ROE. It is going to the shop next week. I will schedule the start date tomorrow. I am getting excited again.

Get Ready........

More Whoooooop, Whooooooooooooooooooop, Whoooooooooooooooooooooop!

Today was a busy day.

I mounted the Water/Meth Injector unit.

I installed the EBC brake pads. While I had the wheels off, I gave them a good cleaning.

I mounted the VEC unit in the dash pocket and ran the boost line and extension cables to the engine bay.

I also fixed the exhaust leaks. There were 3 leaks. It was leaking at both extension joints and on one of the outlets from the muffler. I tried using a sealant compound. We will see how well it works.

I used the grommet location by the clutch pedal. It is a fairly large opening, with only 1 cable in it. I just enlarged the opening in the grommet. It should be noted that the VEC requires a boost line in addition to the cable.

The install shop can not g et me in till next Monday :(. But I would prefer that than to put it in tomorrow and it take till next Monday.

I have dorked with the exhaust way to much now. I am sick and tired of the leaks. Tonight, I jacked up the beast and welded the mid pipe to extension joints. I double clamped the extension to muffler joint. I now see a small leak on the muffler exit joint. I will pick up a set of clamps and double calmp that joint.
I must admit I am a little worried about the welds I made. They were ugly. I want to take my truck to a lift and do them again. The tight quarters while working from jack stands did not produce good results. I also did not have a mirror, so i welded the top of the top joint blind.

Dale, buy a lift...it will solve all the problems...you may still have ugly welds, but you will enjoy them much more!

This stuff is really frustrating sometimes, but it all goes away the first time some one hangs out of their window and yells "Light 'em up big guy!"

Prof said:
Dale, buy a lift...it will solve all the problems...you may still have ugly welds, but you will enjoy them much more!

This stuff is really frustrating sometimes, but it all goes away the first time some one hangs out of their window and yells "Light 'em up big guy!"

I am looking into it after my house is built. :)

Let's see. Ugly welds on the exhaust you say.

Only person that will see them is the person you run over and I don't think they will give a damn.;) :p :D

Speed Racer said:
The purpose is no leaks not a perfect weld..unless you are OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder LOL

And what exactly is wrong with being this way???

I am OCD on some things. This would be one of them. I am making plans to get her on a lift, so I can grind out the ugly. Then I can try her again.

outnumbered said:
And what exactly is wrong with being this way???

It really keeps my underwear drawer looking nice! And all of my socks are sorted by color from dark to white, but I often wonder if they should go from black to white or white to black...:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back