The Go Fast Plan

According to Dave at Roe, the normal harness places the VEC in the engine bay near the passenger firewall. I want it to be in the center console. He told me I needed to get the extension harness. It is not cheap either.

so, to swap cards out on the vec3 like on prof's setup (mounted in dash), you need a extention cable ?
i thought the vec unit & the card reader were separate ?

It is my understanding that the unit is a single piece. The card reader is built into the body of the unit. If I remeber right Prof is using a 13' extension cable as well. I should know first hand in about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.

tinygiants said:
It is my understanding that the unit is a single piece. The card reader is built into the body of the unit. If I remeber right Prof is using a 13' extension cable as well. I should know first hand in about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.

I as well have the extension... goes to the pocket below the radio.
The card reader and VEC body are integrated.

Marc T said:
Yep you are right, Stock internals for Me & Prof!!!

I believe Roe has a system where they open up the front by swinging the AC dryer and radiator to get better accesss to the motor!!

This picture should help them...this manner of swinging the front elements to the sides of the engine saves huge amounts of time and trouble...have them look carefully at what Roe does to do the install:

Install3.jpg

Thanks for the tips.

I spoke with the installer yesterday. We are going to schedule my install as soon as I have parts in hand. I just have to manipulate my schedule to make sure I can survive without a ride for 2 days. This is my daily driver.

The gauges are installed in the steering pod, and the sensing unit is staged for the new midpipe install. The boost/vac line is routed and waiting also.

A few observations today:

Toilet brush for wheel cleaning = fewer scraped nuckles

Bottom bolt on the thermostat housing = PITA

I am holding off on them, till I prove I need them.

I guess I would really like to get the new axle instead.

tinygiants said:
A few observations today:

Toilet brush for wheel cleaning = fewer scraped nuckles

Bottom bolt on the thermostat housing = PITA

Fewer scraped knuckles?:dontknow:

I just wear gloves when I walk.:eek: :D

outnumbered said:
I think you will be the first QC owner on the board with the Roe. I'm real curious to see how the tranny holds up, so make sure you beat on it real good!:D Good luck!

PUT HER TO THE TEST.CURIOUS HOW THE TRANNY IS GOING TO HOLD UP MYSELF.GOOD LUCK.I WANT A ROE S/C REAL BAD!!:rock:

tinygiants said:
Thanks for the tips.

I spoke with the installer yesterday. We are going to schedule my install as soon as I have parts in hand. I just have to manipulate my schedule to make sure I can survive without a ride for 2 days. This is my daily driver.

KEEP US POSTED ON HOW IT RUNS AFTER INSTALL.I AM COMPLETLY JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW.CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE METH INJECT. A LITTLE FOR US KNUCKLEHEADS THAT DONT HAVE A CLUE:dontknow: THANKS AND GOOD LUCK AGAIN:rock:

wont grow old said:
KEEP US POSTED ON HOW IT RUNS AFTER INSTALL.I AM COMPLETLY JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW.CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE METH INJECT. A LITTLE FOR US KNUCKLEHEADS THAT DONT HAVE A CLUE:dontknow: THANKS AND GOOD LUCK AGAIN:rock:

I am by no means an expert on this. My understanding is the water/meth injection helps to cool the intake charge. In some way it also helps with preventing detonation. By preventing detonation, the timing can be more aggressive = more power.

tinygiants said:
I am by no means an expert on this. My understanding is the water/meth injection helps to cool the intake charge. In some way it also helps with preventing detonation. By preventing detonation, the timing can be more aggressive = more power.

And your understanding is correct Dale.:) :rock:

I should add that it also allows you to run higher cylinder pressures without detonation.

tinygiants said:

DOES IT HAVE IT'S OWN CONTAINER AND WHERE DO YOU FIND THE METH?

You already have meth and the container. It is in your windshield washer bottle :)
The meth injection kits, I have seen, install a pump on the tank you already have. They are controlled by some sort of computer module. In my case, a VEC III.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back