The Lions Den

Quote from LR
The "10" also runs no pass seat, fiberglass doors, fenders and hood. Weighs in at 42** pounds.

Im impressed he got that truck so light. Trainman you ever think of taking the drivers seat out and installing a kirkey for race duty?

09%20SERIES%20-%20RIGHT_Medium.JPG

Notice the weight. That plus the bogarts would be a dramatic weight saving and might dip you into the upper 3000# area. Theyre cheap ~ $140.
09200-Shop-Drawing.gif

Last edited:
I like that Jerry runs his shit and isn't afraid to post times and mods, that's what i thought this forum was about. He goes out and runs his truck like it should be, win or lose. Wish I could have gone Jerry and Brad, way to represent though.

I like that Jerry runs his shit and isn't afraid to post times and mods, that's what i thought this forum was about. He goes out and runs his truck like it should be, win or lose. Wish I could have gone Jerry and Brad, way to represent though.

+1 :rock:

Originally Posted by broncobeater
The "10" also runs no pass seat, fiberglass doors, fenders and hood. Weighs in at 42** pounds.

That guy is a bit off. Jerry is running steel doors, sans panels and guts. And I am pretty sure the front end is CF, not glass. I thought he weighed closer to 4500.

Jerry just can't get a break from the Lightning boys:

All Jerry wanted was a nice picture..... He got 3 L finger salute!!!

Then the L boys give Jerry the thumbs down for his unbeaten record against the L's. Where is the hospitality?

All this was still not enough for the L boys. They top it off by making more fun of Jerry. They remind me of the school bully!

Jerrys truck has steel doors, fiberglass fenders, and a carbon fiber hood. Race weight is about 4300 I think.

Hey repo do you know just how light the bogarts are? I'm debating between bogarts and slicks or a cam and bump in compression ratio this spring.

The L's just look small next to the 10. Looks like you guys had a good time.

Had a blast on only 2 hours sleep, I planned on getting to bed by 8pm and waking up at 3 am to drive to Fontana , but my son needed me to drive him down to Long Beach to lease a new MiniCooper, left the house at 6.45pm got back at 12:30, removed the seats from the SRT-10, got to bed at 1:15, woke up at 3:15, arrived at Fontana at 5:50am. Lost to my first Lightning, I never had a chance as he had a GT500 5.4 engine from Shelby, 3.4 whipple blower and has run as quick as 11.33...he could go quicker but doesn't want to put a roll bar in it. The second race was NOT a bolt on Lightning as he said he had a fully built forged motor and a 3.4 whipple at 15lbs, full slicks, and was white in color, he says he was ahead till the 1000' foot mark but you will see in the video and photos I was ahead all the way. I had a .034 light to his .315 light and the winning margin (from the time slip was .4028) a few truck lengths. The third race was against a Black lightning, he said was a stock motor and he had a Kenne Bell supercharger, also full slicks.....that race was a little closer than I had wanted....as I knew from earlier in the day the right lane was better than the left lane, I knew I was a little quicker so I let him have lane choice and he took the right lane. See, in the left lane my tach is to the left and tree is to the right and to watch both (rpm is critical with a stick shift as you all know) is tough to do. The black Lightning (Jose) had a .143 light to my .326 (I know, slow) and I was playing catch up the whole way and the winnig margin was just .0416. Here are the 3 runs.

Run 1 DA 1229, 60' 1.658 (right lane), 1/8th mile 7.600 @ 88.43, 1/4 mile 11.901 @ 114.60 (my best of the day). Silver Lightning 11.468 @ 118.44
SRT-10's 0 Lightnings 1

Run 2 DA 1703, 60' 1.765 (left lane), 1/8th mile 7.754 @ 89.82, 1/4 mile 12.064 @ 113.67. White Lightning 12.185 @ 109.52
SRT-10's 1 Lightnings 1

Run 3 DA 1838, 60' 1.754 (left lane), 1/8th mile 7.745 @ 89.20, 1/4 mile 12.055 @ 113.51. Black Lightning 12.279 @ 110.65
SRT-10's 2 Lightnings 1 We Win:rock:

Last edited:
Hey Chris, I'm one step ahead of you...hows this.

Thats what Im talking about. Looks good. Need to ditch the stock seat track in favor of some lighter brackets.

Already in progress, along with an aluminum front bumper cover bracket. Also some Bogart 16x10.s for the rear, with M&H cheater slicks (30" tall) , total weight saving could be close to 100 lbs.

Wonder how that built L with the 3.4 managed to get his truck that slow? I was running the same times on a stock motor with the stock blower. Very strange.

Do you mind if I quote this on LR to verify the mods on each truck?

Wonder how that built L with the 3.4 managed to get his truck that slow? I was running the same times on a stock motor with the stock blower. Very strange.

Do you mind if I quote this on LR to verify the mods on each truck?

Go ahead, the White lightning is "broncobuster" and I got the 15lbs from his posting on the LR about the Fontana meet. He told me yesterday that the truck was fully built. All the Lightning guys were cool and treated me with respect, I even got a couple of compliments from the Lightning boys about my shifting.

Go ahead, the White lightning is "broncobuster" and I got the 15lbs from his posting on the LR about the Fontana meet. He told me yesterday that the truck was fully built. All the Lightning guys were cool and treated me with respect, I even got a couple of compliments from the Lightning boys about my shifting.

Bronco seems like a stand up guy. Glad they treated you well. Looking forward to the vids.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back