The Official "Overhaulin' Dale (tinygiants)" Thread

I am a go for Friday Night at Bremerton Raceway.

Looking forward to it.

That's the track thats on the side of the airport right? If I was to make it I probably wouldn't be able to get there till around 6:30 - 7:00 with friday traffic. I'll have to see how tomorrow goes.

The track is on a runway. If you hit the wall there you had to drive 150 feet to get there and you should not be on the track. Have fun Dale. After the 18th let me know when you are going to the track and I will make the road trip. Only 2.5 hours away.

Be careful Dale...just saying...the truck has not been under high performance conditions in several years and everything has been off and back on...and possibly modified...maybe that first run should be a half throttle run...

But have a ball, you deserve it!

Prof said:
Be careful Dale...just saying...the truck has not been under high performance conditions in several years and everything has been off and back on...and possibly modified...maybe that first run should be a half throttle run...

But have a ball, you deserve it!
Thanks everyone.

I plan on a launch or two before all out.

Results and pics to follow.

We are home, and everything and everyone is safe.

I am working on a video upload. My first and best run of the night was a 12.19. I was asleep at the light :) as you can hear my daughters critique at the end of the video. I did not get a good launch, but it was my best of the night.

I will post more about my adventure tomorrow.

Last edited:
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

What was your trap speed? and 60'?

LoveThisTruck said:
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

What was your trap speed? and 60'?
60' was 1.9
trap was 117.

I will get all the details including the slip up tomorrow.

Very good first outing!!
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

In case you were wondering who that was next to Dale, that was me trying (and failing) to run my truck on factory tires. Just for fun, I missed third on this run as well. Best I managed yesterday was about a 13.4, leaving just above an idle. Wheel spin was terrible up to (and including) 4th gear.:p

FWIW, I was trapping around 115mph with the mid 13 ET's on my good runs.

Next time out I'll be running the slicks & skinnies.;)

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

lookin good.

get the slicks on & with Tiny's rear meats should be a good race:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

Here is the time slip.
R/T .656
60' 1.898
330 5.292
1/8 7.987
MPH 91.69
1000 10.281
1/4 12.199
MPH 117.20

This was the best run. I did improve on R/T by my 3rd run. I was at .075. My 60' went down though. I only made 3 runs as it was busy and there was a significant head wind. On run # 3 I went heads up against a local Lightning fellow from NLOC.net His truck was beautiful. I must admit, that when we raced, I did not race to win. I raced not to loose. By this I mean I was great at my R/T. But I never really pushed it as I was right there with him. I realized at about half track that I was not even to the floor. That is when I pushed it all the way. The end result is both of us had a very slow run as he spun terribly coming out of the hole. But it looked good as it was fairly close to the 1/2 way point. The final was 13.0 to 13.5.

Dale

Attachments

• timeslip.jpg
    timeslip.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
ZCx said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

lookin good.

get the slicks on & with Tiny's rear meats should be a good race:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

Uh, yeah. Notice my 14.9 ET with a trap of 112mph vs. Dale's 12.1ET with a 117mph trap. Even with me missing third gear, you can guess what kind of time I lost to tire smoke.;)

If I get the truck to hook well and make my shifts, it should lay down some respectable numbers.:rock:

Both of us need to make suspension adjustments though. I have yet to touch the settings on my Caltracs or the QA1's, and I want to get Dale's truck's corner weights measured so we can dial in his 4-link.

Here is the run with the lightening. This video was taken by a neighbor of mine who is a lightening owner. The truck I was running is driven by moderator on a lightening site I go to. They are awesome folks. In this run, we both had bad times. Later in the evening, the lightening got a 12.2.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back