The Official "Overhaulin' Dale (tinygiants)" Thread

HV SRT said:
This maybe a stupid question but is the difference between corrected and uncorrected dyno numbers? I dyno'd on a Mustang dyno not a Dynojet machine. My tuner did not say anything about correct or uncorrected numbers.

There is a factor that the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) uses to keep a level playing field.

The formula takes into consideration, air temp, barometric pressure, humidity.

This formula is used to "correct" the HP #'s so you can dyno on different days, areas, ect and get a hp # that is the same for all.

The relative horsepower, and the dyno correction factor, allow mathematical calculation of the affects of air density on the wide-open-throttle horsepower and torque. The dyno correction factor is simply the mathematical reciprocal of the relative horsepower value.

The common use of the dyno correction factor is to standardize the horsepower and torque readings, so that the effects of the ambient temperature and pressure are removed from the readings. By using the dyno correction factor, power and torque readings can be directly compared to the readings taken on some other day, or even taken at some other altitude.

But when you want to see how much more power you have solely due to the new headers, or the new cam, then you will find that the corrected power is more useful, since it removes the effects of the temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure and just shows you how much more (or less) power you have than in your previous tests.

For the more technical minded:

cf_1349_jun90_e.gif

Complete article: http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

Jack said it better...but you should get the drift from the two posts...what are you doing up at this time Jack?

Last edited:
Dale, it looks like we almost have identical builds. The only difference is that I will be spinning the blower much harder with a 2 1/2 inch blower pulley. We'll see how effective the intercooler is and whether or not the blower holds together.

Damn, this is fun stuff!

George, Dale, Eric, Jack all pushing the envelop...

Dom talking a lot but not showing much...yet.

Well I replaced the pulleys. I now have the original pulley by the thermostat housing as an 82 mm unit. The original ROE idler is now a 100 mm unit. I also added one at the top of the support bracket, and it is 100 mm. The belt seems to be tight. But I am still seeing boost drop.

So, maybe Eric is right.

Either that or maybe I am facing some other obstruction in the intake suction side.

Dale

I hope it's not the wall that 700hpOdyssey mentioned when he hit the 700hp mark. If I recall correctly, he couldn't produce any more power because the were measuring vacuum on the air filter side of the throttle body with the Roe. Remeber that we are pulling air throught the throttle body rather than pushing it.

Last edited:
This may not have anything to do with it but, the CTS V crowd has found that when the boost is increased on the LSA engine...the intake tube in front of the throttle body (soft plastic and rubber) collapses. With the increased boost I have Lingenfelter has used a reinforced tube from the air box to the throttle body...and they cut the 80% of the bottom of the air box out.

There is a huge requirement for air in Forced Induction...so as George says, check the possibility of a restriction. Maybe just doing the dyno with only the throttle body...no connecting elements to an air box or even a filter.

If I remember correctly either Sean told me or PSE told me the s/c on our setup is only good to 15psi. So if your seeing a constant 12-13 psi I would say "it's given all she's got captain. I could be wrong. I have to call PSE tomorrow anyway so I'll double check.But That is where the NOS comes in to play:burnout::burnout::D

blackviper said:
I hope it's not the wall that 700hpOdyssey mentioned when he hit the 700hp mark. If I recall correctly, he couldn't produce any more power because the were measuring vacuum on the air filter side of the throttle body with the Roe. Remeber that we are pulling air throught the throttle body rather than pushing it.

I saw another Roe'd machine with very similar numbers as well. A little lower on torque, but very close on HP.

This may well be the top end that this compressor's capable of.

Just have to nitrous up from there!:rock:

Today I changed the engine oil, ROE oil, checked the rear diff oil, and adjusted the 4 link. Just needs a bath, then it is ready for the track. Getting nervous.

You will have a great time. Don't worry about your reaction times just work on getting it down the track. I went to PIR tonight but right after they called us to the lanes it started to rain. :( :( :( I was in Reno for your dyno day but maybe you can make mine. I'm having Sean tune mine on May 18th. Hoping for around 700 street tune and 750 to 800 race tune.:dontknow: :dontknow:

tinygiants said:
Today I changed the engine oil, ROE oil, checked the rear diff oil, and adjusted the 4 link. Just needs a bath, then it is ready for the track. Getting nervous.

You have fun....we will cheer you on....just concentrate on getting her off the line...the rest is up to the truck...:)

Nice, if it's a local track let me know and I'll stop by and root you on! I saw Erics truck the other day and it blew me away. Would be awesome to see your rig haul ass down the track. :rock: :rock: :rock:

HV SRT said:
I'm having Sean tune mine on May 18th. Hoping for around 700 street tune and 750 to 800 race tune.:dontknow: :dontknow:

Definitely interested to see if there's more that can be squeezed out of the Roe. I'm wondering if there's much more left to be had. Between increased belt slip and the additional heat generated by spinning the compressor even faster, it may not yield much more of a gain.

Still, hoping you get there!:rock:

tinygiants said:

Don't forget a helmet!:D

Be sure to give us all a heads up on when you'll be going. I'll bring the high-def cam!

It's supposed to be a really nice weekend here for once, track conditions should be good.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back