The Official "Overhaulin' Dale (tinygiants)" Thread

Thanks for everything Eric...you are the man. Looking forward to shaking your hand on Saturday.

Ram From Hell said:
This was pretty much exclusively a bottom end redo. The crank and rods were salvaged, but we went with new pistons (lowered the compression ratio a bit and coated the tops) and installed new sleeves in the bores. The top end was just freshened up (heads were gone through by Jeff Morys of Striker head fame), although it had some previous head work and custom cam grind done.

I'll keep at it over the next few days as much as I can (managed to really screw up my back last Monday reaching in and lifting the AC compressor as it was falling down), and see if we can't have this beast on the road come Saturday for Dale's event. ;)
Eric,
I appreciate your efforts. All I can say is Thank YOU. And the Beer is on me :)

The beast is alive.

Today we got the truck started and idling. No Leaks or problems. We were able to get it out of the garage under its own power. Tomorrow we will get the line lock installed as well as the wheel well liners back on. Maybe we can even get a test drive in.

Thanks to every one.

Beautiful music Dale, you are blessed in so many ways.
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

tinygiants said:

The beast is alive.

Today we got the truck started and idling. No Leaks or problems. We were able to get it out of the garage under its own power. Tomorrow we will get the line lock installed as well as the wheel well liners back on. Maybe we can even get a test drive in.

Thanks to every one.
lookin' & soundin' good dale. :rock: :congrats:

The second biggest thrill in the great northwest in a month!

What a sweet sound...

Congratulations Dale!

And a huge hand for Eric...what an act of love...

Roy

Prof said:

What a sweet sound...

Congratulations Dale!

Roy

Roy said it all.

Congratulations.:congrats:

Prof said:

What a sweet sound...

Congratulations Dale!

Roy

Thanks Roy.

I cannot tell you how good it felt to hear it turn and fire after only a couple seconds of cranking. Found just one oil line w/ a drip, and a forgotten connector for the hydraulic fan control. Otherwise, this baby's tight.

Just a few more details to tend to, and Dale's ready to put some easy miles on it.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back