The old & the new come together..

TNVIPER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1971 & 2008 Challengers together in my dealer's showroom. The 71 is a matching numbers car the owner of the dealership bought at a Barrett-Jackson auction.......I had a learner's permit when the 71 hit the streets.....now I have an AARP card...:( .
BTW..The yellow on the bumper is from sunlight reflection..didnt notice it untill I downloaded the pictures.
2008CHALLEGER001.jpg

2008CHALLEGER002.jpg

2008CHALLEGER003.jpg

2008CHALLEGER004.jpg

2008CHALLEGER005.jpg

2008CHALLEGER006.jpg

Very Cool.....

Love seeing the old with the new

:rock: :rock: :rock:
i think Dodge did a better job than Ford. :rock: :rock: :rock:
& chevy is chevy:p :D

I bet the old one would sell for much more than the new one .................
Nice shots, thanks :rock:

Very nice. Is the hood applied R/T appliqué OEM?

maybe it's just me but I think the 2008 challenger out looks the older one:dontknow:, but they both look BADASS:rock:

maybe it's just me but I think the 2008 challenger out looks the older one:dontknow:, but they both look BADASS:rock:

supercar1of1 said:
Matching #'s,I thought the R/T's all had big block's,383,426,440?

Not sure about that...the engine, etc matched but the car had been repainted and the stickers may be add ons......hard to put a SN on stickers..:dontknow: ;)

Man, I got to wait til the price comes down a bit. I am going to be all over them when the start sell at sticker.

iraqivet01 said:
Man, I got to wait til the price comes down a bit. I am going to be all over them when the start sell at sticker.

Sound advice is to wait...probably about a yr...you will buy them for less than sticker.....maybe sooner....I did a little searching and found a lot of dealers have the 08s sitting in ther showrooms....there are 4 hemi orange and 1 silver within 25 miles of me....I even drove over to look at the silver one..:D

I am beginning to think that maybe Dodge screwed up....they brought out the 08 model just months before the 09s will debut.....and the 09s have a lot more options..manual trans, LSD rear, color choices, etc..........:dontknow:

hey is that the one you posted the underneath pics of? if so i thought it was sold. and who has the silver one around here? i have to go see it.

supercar1of1 said:
Matching #'s,I thought the R/T's all had big block's,383,426,440?
All R/T's did have Big Blocks (N (383), U (440-4bbl) and V (440 SIXPAK) codes). However, if the car still has it's original engine/trans means it's numbers matching or not. If it retains the factory driveline and has matching dash, fender, cowl, rad support, engine and trans VIN numbers then it's officially classed as "#'s matching". If not, this means the factory block was replaced, stolen or removed sometime in the cars history and another block put in it's bay which is no where near as valuable. For a 383 car it would probably decrease the cars value by around $10-$12K+ in the current E-Body market. To sum it up, numbers matching has nothing to do with what engine came in the car. A 318 or slant 6 vehicle can be #'s matching. Hope this clears things up. ;)

Thanks for the photos, I prefer the original any day of the week. It has soul and era presence about it. It's lighter, as fast (depending on engine), weighs less, is shorter, narrower, had more funky options, had manuals in all years and uses roughly 2-3mpg more fuel and in some cases have the same MPG. Love the job MoPar did though with it, they nailed it IMO and I'm happy they actually built it. We could so easily be sitting here today typing: "Come on Dodge Build Us a Challenger" thread or :"Why won't they build one!?!?!" so count your lucky stars Pentastar fans that Dodge actually listened to it's customers and built what we have here today. Keep an eye out to, options for these LX Challengers are only starting to warm up.

:rock:

Very cool...:rock: Nice pics bud...Thanks they looks good on that showroom floor...

I had a 1971 Dodge Challanger RT that came with the 340 and Shaker hood. I even had Dodge verify that it was correct. I had to sell it about 15 years ago. It is totally trashed now and the guy wants 25,000 and it needs a complete restoration. I also have a friend who still has one in this configuration. I went on 2000 mile drive through Oregon and Idaho looking for a Black SRT8 Challenger. I only found orange and silver though. Most portland dealers wanted 15K over sticker, in Idaho they wanted 22k over sticker. I have a black one on order but not sure when it will come so was looking to buy sooner. AUtomotive news is tracking sales of the 2008 challangers and has noted that every week the number of cars sitting on dealer lots is going up. Last week over 700 were sitting unsold on dealers lots in the US. I think the inflated over sticker prices will start to come down soon.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back