The thrill is gone

beastinside

Reaction score
This weekend I made a decision that I immediately regretted..but am slowly coming to terms with. I traded in my SRT10:( It wasn't a decision I came to lightly. The truck had a number of issues since I bought it, but whatever, I had a bumper to bumper warranty that had taken care of every problem that came up. But last week, when 1st gear started slipping causing me to rev up to 3K before it would switch to 2nd, I made the decision to get out while I still loved her rather than keep fixing her until I began to hate her. I took the beast to the same dealership I got her, and 6 hours later left with the more tame yet somehow more beastly Ram Rebel. Like i said, I immediately regretted my decision as soon as I started the 5.7l V8 Hemi. The smile and feeling of pure joy I felt every time I pressed the red button would be gone forever. However, the Rebel is beginning to grow on me. Honestly, I've gotten more compliments, head turns and out right jaw drops than I did in the 10. Not gonna lie, my neighbor's hot babysitter telling me how "fresh" my new truck is makes the loss of my love a little more bearable. So this is my official farewell to the V10 monster that drove my neighbors nuts every morning. I know you will provide your next fortunate owner with many "smiles per gallon":burnout:

Sorry to hear about your loss and your difficult decision now. Congratulations on the new ride though and hope you keep falling in love with it. Maybe that babysitter will too. ;) :)

I like the Rebel, decided to go with the Long Horn. Did you get a Rebel with the air bag suspension?

@Longhorn, yeah i got the airbag suspension..it's pretty awesome how it'll adjust ride height based on speed, or you can turn that function off and set the height yourself. @Thumperama, I've already started my research trying to find the right add-ons to get the Rebel to compare to the SRT10

I read this post and in your honor I went out and washed mine all up and revved it a few times when I was done.

Congrats on your new truck.

To me, the Rebel grill looks like someone punched the truck in it's face and gave it a fat lip!:D

Congrats on your new truck.

To me, the Rebel grill looks like someone punched the truck in it's face and gave it a fat lip!:D

I have to agree. I think I drove by one today and if I did the tailgate is a bit overly bold.

At least you didn't buy a Raptor.
I would also like to see pics of the hot babysitter. That is if she's 18 years old or older. Any younger and you can keep them. Lol
The FBI drug my one scumbag neighbor off to jail for that shit. They should have kept him. Another dirt bag across the street from him was also on Megan's list for 10 years. I got to get out of this place!

Still ain't no V-10.

My bride keeps saying how even old women look at my beast. The truck silly, not me. At 80 yrs old she will say, "that's just a diesel, they have no idea." Yesterday she said, "We actually get ALMOST as many looks as I did back in 1965 when cursing in my '65 T- bird convertible" :rock:

You should see the looks when these two old people go cruising and decide to WOT for the public folks or play with a Vet or one of them foreign windup cars. :D

That ain't gonna happen in no HEMI or Rebel or whatever. :D:D:D

Good luck with the new truck. Have fun taking her off road. :burnout:

At least you didn't buy a Raptor.
I would also like to see pics of the hot babysitter. That is if she's 18 years old or older. Any younger and you can keep them. Lol
The FBI drug my one scumbag neighbor off to jail for that shit. They should have kept him. Another dirt bag across the street from him was also on Megan's list for 10 years. I got to get out of this place!

quick GET OUT!!, before they find out where its coming from....

I traded off my truck also, i felt bad as i was looking at her for the last time it was horrible....As soon as i turned around and my car was sitting there, that horrible feeling went away rather quickly.... You only live once, death is forever...

Couldn't find another 10??

Idk something about pushing the red button and getting ready for the shaking/rumbling after the v10 starts and just begging to go FULL THROTTLE!! Has me hooked. I'll keep mine and searching for a gen4 viper in the near future to keep that feeling alive.

This weekend I made a decision that I immediately regretted..but am slowly coming to terms with. I traded in my SRT10:( It wasn't a decision I came to lightly. The truck had a number of issues since I bought it, but whatever, I had a bumper to bumper warranty that had taken care of every problem that came up. But last week, when 1st gear started slipping causing me to rev up to 3K before it would switch to 2nd, I made the decision to get out while I still loved her rather than keep fixing her until I began to hate her. I took the beast to the same dealership I got her, and 6 hours later left with the more tame yet somehow more beastly Ram Rebel. Like i said, I immediately regretted my decision as soon as I started the 5.7l V8 Hemi. The smile and feeling of pure joy I felt every time I pressed the red button would be gone forever. However, the Rebel is beginning to grow on me. Honestly, I've gotten more compliments, head turns and out right jaw drops than I did in the 10. Not gonna lie, my neighbor's hot babysitter telling me how "fresh" my new truck is makes the loss of my love a little more bearable. So this is my official farewell to the V10 monster that drove my neighbors nuts every morning. I know you will provide your next fortunate owner with many "smiles per gallon":burnout:

not quite the same but you can probably install the red button in it. I did that to my daytona back in 05, just took out the cigarette lighter and it fit almost perfectly plus it was in the right place. wired it so you turn the key on then hit the button but you could still start it the original way in case of taking it to the shop or valet

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back