Time again for "Guess my dyno numbers"

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes folks, its that time again. Brought to you from Dave T (BADVENM), the grand prize will be a paid one year membership (if you dont already have one) and a one year extension on your membership if you already have one.

Next week at this time (tuesday or wednesday the 10th or 11th) I should have my VEC3, water/meth injection, and new tune(s) from Joe at PBJ amongst other goodies. I will also have Boomers heat exchanger put on.

On a MUSTANG dyno BEFORE the addition of the DC Performance computer and their blower inlet system I obtained 535 rwhp and 543 rwtq which equates to roughly 668/678 at the crank. This was after the "new" motor was installed and tuned. Since then I've done several 1/4 mile runs and one weekend HPDE road race event where I put on a good 120 miles. The motor should be broken in pretty well.

Anyway, I'll be running both a non water/meth tune and a water/meth tune. We'll use the tune WITH the water/meth for the contest. Boost will be the stock 7-8psi.

A small hint, Joe has never had a tune with a Paxton (on a Viper) under 700 rwhp.

Let the guessing begin. If I think of anything else that will be relevant to the contest I'll add it. I may be starting the contest early (but I'm excited that my truck may finally run the way it should.

I may not have e-mail or computer access so either ViperTruck2933 (I think thats him) or Justin can post the results since they're closest to his shop and will be in contact with me as I visit the Saint Louis area.

My guess will be 730 rwhp/700 rwtq

Last edited:
What the Heck

747/717

769 RWHP/735 RWTQ - Dynojet numbers
713 RWHP/695 RWTQ - Mustang numbers

AWDisuzu said:
1000:1000 (gotta dream!)

If I ran the setup he had on a 2005 Viper with the Paxton and forged pistons you'd be close. I think he got 878 rwhp with 13psi or something like that.

I believe Joe uses a Dynojet but am not certain.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
If I ran the setup he had on a 2005 Viper with the Paxton and forged pistons you'd be close. I think he got 878 rwhp with 13psi or something like that.

I believe Joe uses a Dynojet but am not certain.
Yeah it's a dyno jet. Joe also says his dyno usually reads about 15 rwhp low for some reason. That might affect your guesses a little bit. ;)

475 & 430. Just kidding Dave. Hope it turns out like you want it. I am guessing 748 and 723. Will you give me a ride at Bandimere?

Broke said:
475 & 430. Just kidding Dave. Hope it turns out like you want it. I am guessing 748 and 723. Will you give me a ride at Bandimere?

I'll let ya take her down the strip if you'd like.

Dont forget about the May 6 event at Bandimere...I'll be there.

EDIT: Actually, why would you want a ride? You beat me with your basically stock truck last year :dontknow:

I want a ride in YOUR truck :)

Last edited:
Made it to St. Louis early last night (10.5 hour trip). Current plan is to install the drop kit and all that stuff today and possibly do a baseline pull on my current setup before doing any power mods.

I'll pass along my baseline numbers once I get them. I'll be anxious to see what kind of increase in power and torque Joe will get for me!! I'm thinking it will be LOTS.

I'll let Dave give you guys the full update tonight but his baseline numbers were better than he thought going in. :)

Nice meeting you today Dave.:burnout:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back