Time again for "Guess my dyno numbers"

Discussion in 'Dyno Stuff' started by Dave T(BADVENM), Apr 3, 2007.

1. mmmmtorque

mmmmtorque Full Access Member

718rwhp 711ft lbs

2. amartin3

amartin3 Full Access Member

739/739

3. Broke

Broke New Member Supporting Member

Gooooo Dave!!

4. Texas Yellow Fever

Texas Yellow Fever Full Access Member

Well Dave???

5. Texas Yellow Fever

Texas Yellow Fever Full Access Member

The silence is deafening...:dontknow: :confused:

6. ViperTruck2933

ViperTruck2933 Full Access Member

UPDATE

Here's the scoop guys. Just got off the phone with DaveT.

His baseline pull yesterday was 638 rwhp. :rock:

Joe has Boomers heat exchanger installed and plumbing to work in concert with the Paxton exchanger. He also has the water meth plumbed in (I think JMB Justin may have done that last night).

Right now the X-Metal lowering kit is being installed. And I think Dave caved in and got some QA1s from Justin. :D

Tomorrow I think the AEM is going on and the fun part starts (the tuning). I may have missed something but I think this about covers it.

I'll give another update in a day or so unless Dave finds a way to get on here and post up. :burnout:

7. Broke

Thanks for the update. It's about time that things are going Dave's way. He's had his share of bad luck.

8. Dave T(BADVENM)

Dave T(BADVENM) New Member Supporting Member

Hey guys, didnt realize I could use Joes computer but he said ok so the story is pretty much as Tim (ViperTruck2933 said).

Anytime Joe tried to get anything done on my truck either the phone was ringing, ups/fed ex etc would show up with stuff or customers of his would stop by. He's A VERY BUSY GUY anytime of the day or night.

Got Boomers heat exchanger put on and then plumbed it to also run through the stock Paxton heat exchanger. DC Performances blower inlet tube at the front of the truck was relocated further down toward the bumper. This is actually a benefit as the original location was partially blocked by the center of the grill (horizontally).

Went to Justins last night to have him fill the hole in my Paxton tubing where the airflow sensor used to be. What a great job he did, you'd never know it was there. Justin then drilled two holes (one for the water/meth and another for the new position of the airflow sensor. He also polished my tubes while I was there. I also bought some red couplers to match those from DC Performance.

This morning Joe started on the water/meth hookup then when his helper left this afternoon got Boomers rear kit installed with Justins sway bar links. So...the back is done.

Right now he's working on the front end (got the bumpstops off in several minutes using an air grinder then an air hammer or air chisel).

Since the trucks in the air and we're working on the suspension (and I'm likely gonna get Justins shop in the future) I figure why not just get the stage 3 setup now with the QA1 adjustable shocks and horizonal shock and whatever else comes with the kit. Justins down the street, Joes got the tools and the trucks on the lift so what the heck. We'll pick that up tonight.

Baseline dyno before doing anything on the truck was 638 rwhp with a 21% correction so right now is close to 750 at the crank. Not sure what the final number will be but I do know that when Joe is done I wont have to worry about whether there is any more power left on the table...there wont be. The tricky part will be creating cards for the VEC that take into consideration the density altitudes I'll be racing at (5500-8800 feet).

We're making progress, will update you guys again tomorrow.

9. Nowwhat

Nowwhat Full Access Member

Congrats Dave....sounds awesome.....have fun with it....:rock:

10. Dave T(BADVENM)

Well, we've run into a MAJOR problem.

Turns out that my current Paxton is running on stock injectors with the FMU. The VEC3 doesnt work with the split second box and the fmu (fuel control I think). Anyway, Joe didnt notice this til last night (and I didnt even think about mentioning it). This is not good.

Joe and Justin may have a solution that would/could work. We'll see. The problem is not with the VEC system but my current setup and the inability of the vec to work with my current (old style) setup.

Otherwise, suspension is basically done and the QA1's and leaf spring package (stage 3 from Justin) was finished around 1230 early this morning (I usually hang around with Joe from when he opens to about 1230 am the next morning the past few days).

Not sure what will happen today regarding upping the power. Joe could get something to work for Saint Louis conditions but figuring out how to get it work at 5500 feet+ is much more difficult. I didnt even think about mentioning the FMU because I thought it was part of the split second stuff. '

Will keep you posted.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  11. ViperTruck2933

UPDATE

Just got a call from Dave. He says Joe/Justin/Roe have figured out what ever problem there was with the VEC and the Split Second controller interfacing.

Should be able to get 'er all finished up now.:rock:

Dave, I don't think I'd get the "CURSED" license plate just yet, lol.

12. mmmmtorque

mmmmtorque Full Access Member

Great news!!!! :rock:

13. Dave T(BADVENM)

Just fired up the truck with a very general VEC program and its looking good!!

Thanks to Justin, Sean Roe, and Joe from PBJ for coming up with a solution to the problem. Everything is done except the tune and alignment. Joe just went out to get the methanol. We'll be tuning the truck in the morning and finalizing the alignment. I then race to western kansas to hopefully beat the snowstorm for friday.

Not looking like I'll be road racing this weekend in southeast colorado with all the snow expected. I'll be doing some all out acceleration tests in 3rd gear for Joe so I can report the a/f numbers off the AEM gauge.

Thank god, things werent looking good this morning.

14. ViperTruck2933

That's great news Dave. I knew you were in good hands with Joe. :rock:

15. Bone

Bone New Member Supporting Member

Maybe that is why Sean seemed upset when we called him today about the VEC 3. LOL

16. Broke

Dave, great news about your truck. However, once your on I-70, you better put the pedal to the metal. We are expecting snow in the Denver area starting Thursday afternoon and ending late Friday night. About 12 inches of snow and strong winds expected in eastern Colorado and western Kansas. Drive safe.

17. ViperTruck2933

ANOTHER UPDATE

They are still tuning........but so far with water/meth DAVET's truck is putting down 701 rwhp and 665 trq. This may NOT be the final number, just an update.

I'll pass on the final # when I get it from Dave. :rock:

18. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

How is Daves Head?:dontknow:

I figured he has jumped so high he hit it on the ceiling:D

congrats Dave:rock:

Kudos to Moe also:rock:

19. ViperTruck2933

Umm, it's JOE (as in Donovan), not Moe, lol. :p

Dang hillbilly speller. :D

20. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE