Time for a serious thread.

Scott and Alexis...got your second contribution!!!

Thanks for the sacrifice and taking the time to add to our pot.

FATJACK said:
What can we do to wake this thread up???

Perhaps we could start posting boobies?:p

Just need to keep this thread front and center a while longer. The donations to date will certainly help, but we do have a ways to go.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we have the numbers to make this happen. If we could just get $10.00 from half of the members here, we'd be good to go.

Seeing Torkmonster's charity auction thread has me thinking that perhaps we could do one as well (not to take away from his cause;) ).

Once again, Dale is an exceptional guy who, of all of the people I've met, is truly deserving of our support. Between his health and the downright screwing he's had at the hands of the people who have worked on his engine, he needs the support of the kind people on this forum. Right now, having his truck up and running is something of a distant dream. We're getting closer to making that dream a reality.

Please, if you have not already given a little something to the cause, consider giving just a few bucks for good karma, paying it forward, or just plain doing something nice for someone else.:)

I'll be starting a thread soon on how we're doing as a team, with progress updates, photos, etc.

Please be a part of helping one of your brothers at a time when it couldn't matter more.:rock:

How about this:

Starting now, 10:30 am CST 5-7-09...until midnight CST 5-10-09.

I will match all new contributions up to $1000.00.

So whatever you contribute will double in impact...so if we get $1000 dollars in new contributions I will match that with $1000.

Does that motivate anyone? Here is your chance to Rip off the Prof!

Prof said:
How about this:

So whatever you contribute will double in impact...so if we get $1000 dollars in new contributions I will match that with $1000.

BUMP... Roy...that's just unbelieveable....:rock:
Let's try and keep this going...will see where I am at with finances...and send what I can.:eek:

I am sorry, this is the most abysmal time of the year for me. The shop is slowed down to a crawl. :( :( :( May and June are the worst months.

I do have an idea though if I may add.

Eric (and who ever is close to this project), do you have a list of what is needed?

Maybe you can post something for example, say 10 pistons are needed. Post a thread 'Buy a piston for Dale's truck!'

Maybe this will generate the extra revenue?

Just a thought...

Wil

Ram From Hell said:

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we have the numbers to make this happen. If we could just get $10.00 from half of the members here, we'd be good to go.

7600 members..... divided by 2.... equals about 3800 members....

3800 X $10.00 = $38,000

:eek: :eek: :eek: :dontknow: Is it going to take that much money to finish his truck!!?!? :confused:

...... In reality, there are only about 150 of us that contribute and post on a regular basis (if that). :eek: So, that would be about $1500 in donations. If we get more than this, I think it would be wonderful! .......

Prof said:
How about this:

Damn, way to go Roy.:rock: :congrats:

Does that apply to those that contribute again? If so, I will match what I sent earlier.

I've been calling around to a few of our vendors this morning letting them know about this project. I know Tony's (Stinker) already on board to do anything he can do to help, and I thank him for that.

We will know exactly what it needed once the engine is in the builder's hands. Perhaps we can to something along the lines of a "buy a piston" program.:D

Prof said:
How about this:

Dang, Roy. That's one helluva way to represent!:rock:

Phenomenal!

Black1 said:
7600 members..... divided by 2.... equals about 3800 members....

3800 X $10.00 = $38,000

Maybe I should have said our "regular" members?:eek:

I'd forgotten just how many registered members this forum has now.

I am not expecting anywhere near that kind of a total, nor do we need that to get this done. Still, we've got a ways to go as it now stands.

Stagethree said:
You have to yell,

WAKE UP!
and mention something about Good Karma.:congrats:

Matter of fact, I just did.;)

Ram From Hell said:

Matter of fact, I just did.;)

That was good, great minds think alike, posted it almost at the same time.
I'm just slower, I'm a one finger typist!:D

Hit up Roy's pocket y'all!:congrats:​

Prof said:
How about this:

Roy, what can I say my man? Unbelievable generosity on your part! I'm proud to (even) be in the general vicinity of someone with your kindness. That shit gives me goosebumps! (Not in your kinda way either, Mikey ;) )

I wish I could somehow say that better, but that's about all I can come up with... :eek:

Ram From Hell said:
Perhaps we can to something along the lines of a "buy a piston" program.:D

If you can sell all 10 of the pistons, I'll laser etch the donor's names on them. Additionally, if you can sell the other 9, I will commit to buy the 10th one...:burnout:

Texas Yellow Fever said:
If you can sell all 10 of the pistons, I'll laser etch the donor's names on them. Additionally, if you can sell the other 9, I will commit to buy the 10th one...:burnout:

That would be AWESOME! We should know what we'll need for pistons pretty quick. Then we'll see what we can set up for a "sponsor a piston" program.:D

Here's some other great news:

I've been calling around today, and got commitments from Sean Roe and Todd at Arrow to help out with discounted (or gratis) parts & services, etc. This is especially helpful in the machine work that will be needed.:rock:

I will certainly be making special mention for these fine shops when we wrap this all up! :congrats:

BTW, Roy, check your Paypal notices. Your offer was too good for me to pass up. Thanks, brother.:congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back