Time to say goodbye

The point is though is they are screwing you over!! They need to make it right! They should get your wheels back that came from tue factory and let you keep the wheels you have now too! Just so you don't sue them! That's not cool at all!!! Where did you buy it from and kept your wheels?

Oh ok cool. So eventually you would pull it off or is it there to stay asp long as possible?

The car still looks awsome Snakes and when u get the rims you want i would go with something dark it sure made that EVO look mean. And kick some ass about that 3m stuff these stealership's piss a guy off!!.
But i bet you are enjoying that new car smell :)D

Anyways so heres some bullshit right here...

Cliff notes: Dealership screwed me on the 3m tape, told them i want the whole front end done or gimme my truck back, or ill get lawyer.

Ok so when me and the gf were making the deal with the dealership, we said we wanted 3m tape. They asked where on the car, i said the whole front end....that was the end of that. The next day i went in to sign the papers and Kelly (finance manager) told me the 3m tape only covers the whole hood...i was rather pissed because it was costing $600 but whatever, i accepted for some stupid reason.

So i picked the car up yesterday and only about 1/4 of the hood was done. So on my way to the dealership to find out wtf this shit was, i stopped at a place that does window tinting and 3m taping (brought my Cobalt, 370z and the truck there...awesome work for good price). Asked how much it would cost to tint all 7 windows and it was $255...pretty good. So i asked him how much they charge for the strip the dealership put on my hood....he said $100. Not only 500 less but they go another 2-3 inches up the hood then where the dealership stopped at. So i asked how much it costs to do the full front bumper, half of the hood, fenders and mirrors...$490 and he said "they are using some fucked up shit, ours is alot more glossy looking..alot more shine on it"

So i went to the dealership, told the sales manager and the finance manager the issue. They said that where they left off on the hood is there version of the "whole hood" because of the 2 vents on the evo's hood. So i explained to them that i was under the impression that the 3m tape protection was suppose to cover the bumper, hood, fender and mirros....any other dealership does that..even the nissan dealership i got my 370z from and for the $600 as well.

So they said they cant do the bumper and all that cuz it costs to much. First they said "well if we take your hood off and do 100% of the hood, will you be happy" i said "no, because the initial deal was for the whole front end...then you told me only the whole hood...but you guys only did 1/4 of the hood, i want the whole front end done"

So they talked and said "how about we give you full paint protection and undercoat for free"....i said no, i want the front end done.

So they got the GM to come down...told him Nissan and the tint shop do it for a fuck of alot cheaper...he called nissan and couldnt get a hold of anyone (he only let the phone ring once since i could hear it). He then said "i dont care what they do at the tint shop...so stop bringing them up"

So he kept going on about the cost of the tape, i then said "i dont care what it costs you guys...its $43,000 coming out of my pocket, i want my car protected and i want the deal i asked and paid for"

Once again he through the paint and undercoat at me, i said no...i asked how much does it cost normally to do that...would have cost me $2000 to get that. I said why not use that $2000 value towards my 3m tape? He said no cuz its not what they cost, the paint and undercoat only costs them $70-90....so i was like "wtf! only costs you $90 and you want to charge $2000!!!!....if it costs normally $3000 like you said to do what i want to my car, how much does it cost you?" he said "parts and labour...$300" I fucking lost it then. But then he came back and said "wow, hold up...we were nice enough to give you the car early, even though you havent put your down payment down" I said "fine, take the car"....he asked for the keys....i said "here...heres the keys, i want the keys to my truck back" he said "doesnt work like that" and he stormed off.

So Kelly was about to go after him and i told her "tell him that if i dont get my 3m tape, ill be getting a lawyer" he came back and said "you can try and sue us, but you will loose" So i said "even if i loose, you guys still get a bad rep....its a loose/loose situation for you"

So Kelly came back about 10mins later and said "if you give us the car and we do the front bumper, fenders, hood and mirrors, and pick it up friday with your down payment...will that work for you" i said yes, thats what i want....so the deal was made. I asked for the deal in writting and me, kelly and the manager signed it. They gave me a Lancer GTS until friday.....

So....lets hope when i get the car back friday...its in perfect condition and what i want on it.

Last edited:
Good for you man. Its bullshit you had to go through that. I would inspect the hell out of it. Any imperfection they would be fixing.

Well i had mixed feelings about the rims and from what guys have been telling me, they r no good for racing. All the guys on the evo forums said get a different set of rims for racing cuz the Rotas will break. So ill just leave it at that, yes they are 10000x better looking then the stock rims but id rather have something i can trust when i come flying around a turn on the track.

Those stock rims are probley worth a hell of a lot more money too. Rotas are VERY VERY cheap(cheap as in inexpensive cheap). Not that im hating on them cause my daily driver civic has rotas lol but they are just very inexpensive compared to the stock wheels

and good job getting what you wanted bro! Dont let the strealership push ya around. Here in so cal i got a lot of pull with dealerships because i work for wells fargo and we finance lots of people for them but i see and hear about a lot of people getting boned by dealers. im happy you stood up and got what you wanted!!!!

Good for you man. Its bullshit you had to go through that. I would inspect the hell out of it. Any imperfection they would be fixing.

yea i took pictures of my odometer, gas level and fuel economy...and ill be looking over the car with a tooth pick when i get back. I got a weird feeling something is still going to happen to piss me off on friday.

Excellent work standing your ground!! That's how You have to deal with those guys! Glad ur getting what u were after and for sure inspect the crap out of it!

Yea i made the mistake of not looking over everything on my 370z, i wasnt making the mistake on this car...and costing me $43,000 on a new car, im going to do everything in my power to get what i wanted/paid for and to keep the car safe.

yea a couple people said to get a proper seal around the piston rings you gotta give it a good couple runs. So ill give it a few good shots when i get the car back tomorrow.

Way to stand up Snake, And it's good you still have the power to Axe this deal still if your still not happy when you get the car back. I hope it works out in the end for ya.

So on a side note....is there going to be another SRT-10 meet anytime soon. I head to wainwright on Aug 15th for a few weeks then get 2 weeks off, then i head to afghanistan for 10 months. Would like to meet some of you before i leave.

ill come if people are actually showing up. I get the car back tomorrow morning. I might hit the track on monday (stratotech road course)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back