Time to say goodbye

I can't make it this weekend. My wife is ill and I need to stay around home.

Anyone will to go to the drag strip tomorrow. I get the car first thing in the morning...got the day off of work but still gotta get some stuff ready for afghanistan, but ill be done in the afternoon, so ill be heading to the drag strip. Apparently running the car hard during its break-in period is actually good for the engine...seeds the piston rings better so might as well have some fun since the GF is in Halifax..lol.

Anyone will to go to the drag strip tomorrow. I get the car first thing in the morning...got the day off of work but still gotta get some stuff ready for afghanistan, but ill be done in the afternoon, so ill be heading to the drag strip. Apparently running the car hard during its break-in period is actually good for the engine...seeds the piston rings better so might as well have some fun since the GF is in Halifax..lol.

ATTA BOY!!!! Drive it like you stole it!!! :burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout: might see you there ! the friggin' mosquitoes are terrible!!! i drove 8 miles on the highway last night and i can't see through the damn windshield!!! I hate scraping the little bastards off the front of the truck!

Yea i plan on doing that huck...although im hoping they leave a little room to get by the waterbox...i dont want to go through it, dont know how much stress it will put on the diffs to try and do a burnout with awd with a brand new car. I'm meeting up with my buddy that has a cobalt ss/tc at 5:00pm at his shop so we should be there by the time the gates open. I'm picking up a K&N drop in filter and opening up the wastegate to get abit more power...im hoping for mid 13's tonight.

Gonna be working late today! Don't think I can make the strip. But will keep up hope!

bah im pissed off...i went to JB's Powercenter to pick up a drop in K&N filter...thought the stock air box comes off and i just put a cone filter in....apparently i was wrong..so thats $59 down the hole. They do a in store credit but they dont have the filter i need and theres nothing as of right now i want there for the credit.

On a plus side, i picked the car up from the dealership, car looks amazing. They did a good job at putting the 3m tape on...no scratches, no extra kms on the odo...all perfect.

Sorry buddy! I just got home from work! I will see you there next time!!

np, i left early due to the long line. But when i got home i read some stuff on the car and learned how to disable the ACS system (basically the traction control that puts power either to the front or rear diff, left or right side) and it puts the car into a 2 step launch mode...allowing me to stage at 5500rpm...its brutal on the clutch but boy does the car take off like a mofo...i could have got like 13.2 if i known how to do that.

np, i left early due to the long line. But when i got home i read some stuff on the car and learned how to disable the ACS system (basically the traction control that puts power either to the front or rear diff, left or right side) and it puts the car into a 2 step launch mode...allowing me to stage at 5500rpm...its brutal on the clutch but boy does the car take off like a mofo...i could have got like 13.2 if i known how to do that.

Sounds just like boost launching a GMC Typhoon :rock::rock:It's a hell of a lot of fun

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back