Tire

So with the talk about tires I went out and checked the date code on my rc. Code was 3816. At 8 years old I stopped by the new Belle tire that just opened. They can get me a set if Nexen Roadian HP's has anyone tried these?

@96indyshaker

@VIPR PWR uses them :D just not sure if they are the HP designation? - Dang post Hos got this thread so off topic!!! lol

42651A99-6429-4175-B28B-16A921459231.jpeg

Last edited:
So with the talk about tires I went out and checked the date code on my rc. Code was 3816. At 8 years old I stopped by the new Belle tire that just opened. They can get me a set if Nexen Roadian HP's has anyone tried these?
They give decent traction, handle decent on wet and dry roads ( no idea about ice and snow , it doesn’t do those thing in my neck of the woods ) , I like the tread look ( not aggressive) . To me it’s a softer riding tire compared to the hard rock Pirellis that need to warm up first ! The wear time is unknown at this point as there still on the truck and not driven much for the last 3 years and have around half the tread left . previous tires were the Khumos and they were just like the NEXANs they lasted around 29k tops .. I was happy and would buy either again ,, They out lasted the Pirellis by around 9K miles on my truck . Price was also a factor as the Khumos went up in price to much from my previous buy so went with the NEXENS since they do appear to have close to the same rating and tread design .

They grip the road like crazy due to how soft they are. A bit pricey, but it's worth the confidence factor when doing 125 on the interstate.
:eek::eek::D

I went into my tire store today / Americas Tire - Discount Tire in some areas. They said the factory issued Pirelli are discontinued. They recommended a Toyo Proxy with speed rating at 149. There is a newer Michelin coming out March 1 that is a lot more expensive unfortunately i can't reminder if it's in the Defender family or a different one. The speed rating on it is either 139 or 149.

i asked what W rated tires I had to choose from and for whatever reason their company doesn't carry or sell any with that speed rating.

not that I would ever need a rating that high, but these beasts do easily exceed 100 in third gear
So feasibly you could get to the 149 if you were brave.

also I was told that the speed rating is issued for that sustained speed for 12 minutes. I know I wouldn't ever do that. Maybe on a track? But even then I'm assuming you would be running track tires - whatever those are.

I'll be checking into the Michelins when they come out just to see what the total comes out to

I had no idea tires and oil were this complex! Hahahaha :D:p

They grip the road like crazy due to how soft they are. A bit pricey, but it's worth the confidence factor when doing 125 on the interstate.
Goo to know … the more info the better on these chunks of rubber . The bad part is , is that state troopers cars can do 130 hahahaha

I had no idea tires and oil were this complex! Hahahaha :D:p
Choose oil weights for the climate temperature ranges you live in and tires for the road conditions you use . Simple if you really think about it .. yep I’m going with that :D

I went into my tire store today / Americas Tire - Discount Tire in some areas. They said the factory issued Pirelli are discontinued. They recommended a Toyo Proxy with speed rating at 149. There is a newer Michelin coming out March 1 that is a lot more expensive unfortunately i can't reminder if it's in the Defender family or a different one. The speed rating on it is either 139 or 149.

i asked what W rated tires I had to choose from and for whatever reason their company doesn't carry or sell any with that speed rating.

not that I would ever need a rating that high, but these beasts do easily exceed 100 in third gear
So feasibly you could get to the 149 if you were brave.

also I was told that the speed rating is issued for that sustained speed for 12 minutes. I know I wouldn't ever do that. Maybe on a track? But even then I'm assuming you would be running track tires - whatever those are.

I'll be checking into the Michelins when they come out just to see what the total comes out to
I’ll be checking the pills Berry doeboy tires also when I need the next set .. To bad my son doesn’t work there any longer as he could have gotten me a 20% discount .. he chose restate sales instead ,,,, the dirty little rat hahaha !

I emailed pirelli, no plans to bring our oem tire back.
You guys must live in crowded areas.
Plenty of room to run out west here.
Brenden Gaughan, who set the record, lives here in vegas. He said when he did the run he was specifically told to hold the truck back, in case brand x decided to try something. He said he was in 5th gear with a lot of throttle left (doesn't remember rpm).
I plan on both of my trucks participating in top speed runs at ECTA and the Texas Mile.
RC has been 150 in 1/2 mile already
QC has been 140 in 1/2 mile with 48re, now that it's tr6060 swapped it should do better.
These are the only tires I've found with an oem speed rating.

Attachments

• received_1682486759239473.jpeg
    received_1682486759239473.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 4
  • received_337115452258957.jpeg
    received_337115452258957.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 3
  • received_1438750143405836.jpeg
    received_1438750143405836.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 4
Great info!!

That's smokin it right along in your RC and QC runs!

I like Pirelli tires. Going with that size works I take it? I saw on the Americas tire size chart that our oem wheel would accommodate ac few different sizes.

Those look like speed rating Y. My research leads me to believe that W or Y will both work and I know I'm not going anywhere near 150 so I'm thinking I can get W or Y and the Y May be slightly softer compound.
I'm sure if I ever get her on the road she's not going to see Lots and lots of miles - especially with gas prices like they are lol

I pass through vegas going to my moms, I'm hoping to make that trip with her soon

Thanks for the Pirelli update!

:cool::cool::cool:

Brenden Gaughan, who set the record, lives here in vegas. He said when he did the run he was specifically told to hold the truck back, in case brand x decided to try something. He said he was in 5th gear with a lot of throttle left (doesn't remember rpm).
I plan on both of my trucks participating in top speed runs at ECTA and the Texas Mile.
QC has been 140 in 1/2 mile with 48re, now that it's tr6060 swapped it should do better.

Nice !

https://simpletire.com/brands/pirel...-35zrr22&userRegion=4&userZip=34655&zip=34655

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back