Tonneau Covers

Silent D said:
How mant times do I have to say this.....?

http://www.pace-edwards.com/bedlocker.asp

It rules.....It's trick......It's remote and automatic.....It's expensive....So what?

SD
I'm too cheap. The Peragon is only $499, less than half the cost of the PE. I'll admit the PE is a very nice cover but the Peragon does what I need.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I'm too cheap. The Peragon is only $499, less than half the cost of the PE. I'll admit the PE is a very nice cover but the Peragon does what I need.

persoanlly I think you need something in Silver to match your paint..

Your truck is really tits bro..... Black in back wouldn't werk.......

SD

Stinker said:
His truck really looks sweet in person !:rock: that silver is cccccllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!:rock:
Thanks Stink, that's the reason I picked Silver. Easy to keep clean looking and it was the only metallic color for '05. The black cover doesn't look bad. I have the factory black bed liner in it so it looked black in the bed anyhow. The cover just brings the color to the top. It's pretty low profile so it's not obnoxious. Oh, I forgot to mention that I have the Pace Edwards Powerbolt electric lock in the tailgate so when the cover is locked the bed becomes one big trunk. Great for traveling.

Gaylord cover

You can get the Gaylord with remote auto lifting,auto locking carpeted underside that matches the bed rug.

Attachments

• Srt10-2.jpg
    Srt10-2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 75
  • srt10-4.jpg
    srt10-4.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 66
SilvrSRT10 said:
If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks for the pics!.

Question: Do you happen to have a copy of the instructions you could fax to me? I went thru the entire Peragon site and couldn't find installation instructions anywhere. I'm one of those kooky guys who actually reads the manual BEFORE installing something.

I'm also trying to figure out what that trapezoidal piece is covering, and what that extrusion is for. You can see it here: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3547&d=1156450702 (It's the part with the phillips screw on it) I see the roller bearings underneath, so what's in that trapezoidal piece?

Is there any type of seal between the Peragon and the tailgate?

I checked out the installation instructions for the Pace-Edwards Jackrabbit and Full Metal Jackrabbit (the models down from the Bedlocker). They are very low-profile, but cost is still and issue with each being over $1000.
The other thing I'm not hot on is the offset latch and lock. Center it, guys! I think it looks much cleaner when it's centered, esp. on the tailgate end. Plus, load is distributed more evenly, making the lock/latch more secure.
When the lock is up by the cab, offset works fine. Down by the tailgate, not so much: I'm already out of the cab....might as well take the extra .75 of a step to get to the lock/latch.

I found the RollBak retractable cover to be built really well and has a nice low profile. The only problem is circa-1908 latching system. It's priced at about $800 for our trucks. Not sure of the mods necessary to use it with the wing on, but it looks fairly minimal. Definitely a lower profile than the Peragon.
http://www.rollbaktonneaucover.com/

They had a very interesting picture on their site as well:
http://www.rollbaktonneaucover.com/inc/iview/152?idx=10&p=1634
Hmmm....

Sorry if I sound a bit critical. I just don't want to order a cover, pay for it to ship, get it, and find out that it looks like a jr. high shop class designed and built it. I figured that this thread would give other owners a good list to work from if/when they decide to get a bed cover.

Kevan said:
Question: Do you happen to have a copy of the instructions you could fax to me?
More like pages. It comes in about 6 different pieces as well as having to install the weather stripping. I'll see if I can find the directions and post them somehow.
Kevan said:
I'm also trying to figure out what that trapezoidal piece is covering, and what that extrusion is for. You can see it here: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3547&d=1156450702
Is there any type of seal between the Peragon and the tailgate?
It is just a decorative part that covers the end of the rail. The roller bearings run beneath the cover. I'll pull that part off tomorrow and re-snap the pic to show you what it covers. Yes there is a rubber seal that fits against the tailgate.

Kevan said:
Sorry if I sound a bit critical. I just don't want to order a cover, pay for it to ship, get it, and find out that it looks like a jr. high shop class designed and built it. I figured that this thread would give other owners a good list to work from if/when they decide to get a bed cover.
As the saying goes, You get what you pay for. The Peragon is not the Rolls Royce of tonneau covers but for the price, it does what I was looking for. It's a puzzle to put together, It's not 100% waterproof, It's not as solid as other lids available, You can't stand on it.
In my opinion, It looks good, it hides what I have in the bed, You don't have to remove the wing to have access to the bed, It secure, the price is what I wanted to spend. I'm not trying to promote or sell the Peragon, I just wanted to let anyone interested to see it as an option and make their own decision on if it's right for them. I'll get those pics tomorrow and post them here. Stay tuned :D .

Silvr- I totally got ya man. I thought the Peragon was for me too (right features and price), but after looking around at the DOZENS of other options, I'm not so sure now. A couple of hundred dollars more into the budget and there are some really nice and versatile ones out there.

A little mini-buyers guide here will probably help others in the future.

I appreciate the pics! Thanks!

Here's the picture. It's a little blurry but I think you can see what the cover hid. It's just the area where the sliding lid seals against the weather stripping and the stripping retainer.Let me know if your still interested enough in this lid to see the installation instructions
119_1929_1.JPG
Keep us posted on what lid you end up getting and why.

Thanks for the pic, Silvr!
It looks like there's another roller/bearing/guide under there, to help with horizontal travel. Hmmm....Interesting.

I think I found what a lot of us are looking for. A solid tonneau that will accompany the wing. GAYLORDSLIDS.COM I called them up today and they stated that the wing will fit on the lit with a little drilling. The wing bolts line up with the existing holes but do not penetrate them or rub. $890.00 painted. I think I will order one thru the local dealer here.

Hey Hemi,

Which one of the Gaylord's lids are you talking about? They have several models. and that is a great price for a painted one!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back