Totally Off Topic: Anyone have a Tempur-Pedic Mattress?

Roy,
This was a great topic, as Tammy and I were going to buy a new mattress today. I had decided on a good quality foam mattress, but after ready this, and knowing that I am extremely hot natured, I will be going back with the traditional spring construction.

Really like ours! It has the remote controlled bases with massage! We got a really good deal on it (was in a model home). Like most have been saying it does sleep a little warm. The message function is a little hokey but the bed is VERY comfortable.

Just trying to find the best solution...I only sleep a few hours a night, I want that time to be pain free if possible.

Still the best solution is an old couch I had in my office...Christine hates it and wants it to go in the trash...but it provides great slumber for me...every time I sleep on it...I wonder why beds can't be as comfortable.

Going to wait until summer to get the tempur pedic...then see if the heat issues is manageable...then if necessary fall back to the Select Comfort...some hotel chains are using the Select Comfort so I am going to find one and spend a night to try it.

Best mattress ever. For me and the wife we were used to crap spring beds and when we got the TP it took about 3 weeks to get used to it. It was uncomfortable at first but it was well worth it. I dont notice the heat issue just keep your room cool and decent sheets youll be fine.
No sheets and the thing will heat you up.
Best 3200 spent

Thanks.

I think I will do the trial in the early summer...just to be sure.

I really appreciate people providing their experience with this topic.

I ran across this manufacturer in a magazine ad and just had to check it out. Supposedly these are some of, if not the, worlds finest mattresses.

I suppose they should be, as they cost anywhere fron 7 to 45,000 bucks!!!:confused:

Crazy stuff, but kind of an interesting read, especially if you google them and read some of the reviews.

I would love to try one someday, but I don't see it happening. :(

Anyway, check this out: http://www.hastens.com/en-us/THE-COLLECTION/Continental-beds/Vividus/

My heart stops when I see the prices...you don't mind if I don't show this to the wife do you?

pro517 said:
I ran across this manufacturer in a magazine ad and just had to check it out. Supposedly these are some of, if not the, worlds finest mattresses.

I suppose they should be, as they cost anywhere fron 7 to 45,000 bucks!!!:confused:

Crazy stuff, but kind of an interesting read, especially if you google them and read some of the reviews.

I would love to try one someday, but I don't see it happening. :(

Anyway, check this out: http://www.hastens.com/en-us/THE-COLLECTION/Continental-beds/Vividus/
I had client that has this bed they love it even at the 27k they spent on it:marchmellow:

i have one and mark my words.......it is the best oney i have ever spent.

by far the best for me personally, takes a month to get used to.

IT IS THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT

Agreed on the hot issue. I can say that my limbs don't fall asleep as often, (or, at least, I don't notice cause I'm in a deep sleep) but by far the best money I've ever spent on a bed, and I've had some expensive ones. (long story) Anyways, Roy, what you said in regards to spending as much time as we do in bed, one should invest in comfort. That's the logic I used when swallowing the $4,200.00 pill. I will never go back!

I may have to try one of those covers to help combat the heat issue. Great idea, thanks!

One more thing, I happen to love my couch too. Is that just a man deal or what?

I think men have a built in defense device...we love the couch...because we sometimes get sent there...and we can quietly say: "Please don't throw me in that brier bush, please don't...hehehe...

Prof said:
I think men have a built in defense device...we love the couch...because we sometimes get sent there...and we can quietly say: "Please don't throw me in that brier bush, please don't...hehehe...

You get a couch:confused: ..................Lucky Bastage:D

I tried one and found that if you sleep on your side or toss from side to side, it can be a bit of a bugger.
Each time I went to roll to the other side I was sort of sunk into the mattress and ended up waking up and sort of twisting over.
I am sure if you sleep in on position all night then it would be no big deal. Also + on the heat issue.

32 comments on a mattress thread...damn, we have a bunch of guys that really need to get a life!

it does get a little warm...i walked in told the guy I wanted the King asked him what his best price was cash. his response was i couldnt do that but he said he would give me 10% off the price.

guyrobert said:
I tried one and found that if you sleep on your side or toss from side to side, it can be a bit of a bugger.
Each time I went to roll to the other side I was sort of sunk into the mattress and ended up waking up and sort of twisting over.
I am sure if you sleep in on position all night then it would be no big deal. Also + on the heat issue.
on the postive side
I am a side sleeper, but unfortunalty I have bad shoulders. my tossing and turning doesnt wake up my wife because the weight transfer (or bounce) is non existent. plus you never need to repalce it. its just as enjoyable to have sex on as well...if anyone was wondering (not sure if you still do that roy)hahahaha

I don't get to do that any more...but I am very interested in how you guys do in that area...I may be old, but I am not dead!

Prof said:
I don't get to do that any more...but I am very interested in how you guys do in that area...I may be old, but I am not dead!

im 31 and my wife and I still go at it 4-5 times a week:D and that aint no joke!;)

I may have a heart attack just thinking about that statement...

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back