Traded My Truck, Yes For Another Mopar!

5_0_BAIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after much deliberation, and some tears, I let my baby go. It was my daily driver and my new job is 33 miles away each way. She was just getting to many miles to quickly so I let her go before she was worth nothing. I did get a good trade in price of 23K.

So I hope I can still be apart of things around here, even without my 10.

So what Mopar you ask??? Well it is no secret I had been hunting a Magnum SRT for some time, but after 3 failed attempts at buying one (i hate dealerships) I decided to go more fuel effecient......Go ahead I am waiting for the jokes (i love you guys) so after a trip to Marine headquarters (LOL Jacksonville, NC) I bought a new 2009 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 with 61 miles. They gave me a price I could not refuse. I got the car that was sticker for 29K for their cost of 26K plus $4500 more off for rebates. Got the car for 21.5K plus various fees (did I mention I hate dealerships) After everything was said and done, the salesman told me that they wanted my truck. The had a guy looking for one!

So anyway here are some pics of the ride. I have had her for about a week now, and love driving her (even more than the 10 but it wasn't a stick) The only thing I miss is the 22" burnouts:( I did gain a sweet turbo sound and one hell of a car. The interior is plasticy but the seats are awesome and the stock sound system rocks but you know me------out it comes LOL.

Other great thing about getting the car, it frees up alot of mod money. Payment is cheaper, gas is alot cheaper, parts are cheaper, tires are cheaper, and now I only have to buy 4 of everything instead of 10 LOL.

Anyway, hopefully not to much ball bustin' but here are the pics.............

srt4med1.jpg

srt4med2.jpg

srt4med3.jpg

srt4med4.jpg

srt4med5.jpg

srt4med6.jpg

srt4med7.jpg

very nice ride, but l'm sure that you can dump the clutch and spin the fronts for at least 22", lol...

good luck with her!

I think its beautiful, and alot of potential with that turbo:rock:, but you do know that black is the fastest color right :D

5_0_BAIT said:
Well after much deliberation, and some tears, I let my baby go. It was my daily driver and my new job is 33 miles away each way. She was just getting to many miles to quickly so I let her go before she was worth nothing. I did get a good trade in price of 23K.

So I hope I can still be apart of things around here, even without my 10.

So what Mopar you ask??? Well it is no secret I had been hunting a Magnum SRT for some time, but after 3 failed attempts at buying one (i hate dealerships) I decided to go more fuel effecient......Go ahead I am waiting for the jokes (i love you guys) so after a trip to Marine headquarters (LOL Jacksonville, NC) I bought a new 2009 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 with 61 miles. They gave me a price I could not refuse. I got the car that was sticker for 29K for their cost of 26K plus $4500 more off for rebates. Got the car for 21.5K plus various fees (did I mention I hate dealerships) After everything was said and done, the salesman told me that they wanted my truck. The had a guy looking for one!

So anyway here are some pics of the ride. I have had her for about a week now, and love driving her (even more than the 10 but it wasn't a stick) The only thing I miss is the 22" burnouts:( I did gain a sweet turbo sound and one hell of a car. The interior is plasticy but the seats are awesome and the stock sound system rocks but you know me------out it comes LOL.

Other great thing about getting the car, it frees up alot of mod money. Payment is cheaper, gas is alot cheaper, parts are cheaper, tires are cheaper, and now I only have to buy 4 of everything instead of 10 LOL.

Anyway, hopefully not to much ball bustin' but here are the pics.............

srt4med1.jpg

srt4med2.jpg

srt4med3.jpg

srt4med4.jpg

srt4med5.jpg

srt4med6.jpg

srt4med7.jpg
Justin can make it faster than our tens:D

Thanks guys.

Yes, I do know that black is the faster color, but red seems to attract the women! LMAO.

So Stinker, I was gonna ask you where to get go fast parts for it. You are physic sometimes. Now that I have a much lower payment and a small gas bill (I still put premium in thou, gotta love Shell gas) I have extra cash to pour into the engine.

Going to Justin's website now...........

Looks good.
Now you need a new tag :D

Hey Stinker, Do you know if the parts on Justin's site will fit the Caliber's, everything I saw seems to be for the NSRT and not the CSRT.

Hell bro you know I'm dumb about these things:D

Hey Stink what brand CAI can you get??? oh and their is suppose to be some downtube piece for the exhaust that adds like 24 HP to the car. Got any idea if you can get it or do I need to get it from the Mopar guy??

I am looking to see if I can get a namebrand and part number right now

Looking sweet I was next to a black one the other day and I didn't even know they had these until then.....
Get the downpipe for the turbo, it makes a huge difference, or at least it did on the diesel!

5_0_BAIT said:
Hey Stink what brand CAI can you get??? oh and their is suppose to be some downtube piece for the exhaust that adds like 24 HP to the car. Got any idea if you can get it or do I need to get it from the Mopar guy??

I am looking to see if I can get a namebrand and part number right now
I'll look a bit too, see what I can find, I can get all the moopar stuff too now:)

5_0_BAIT said:
I am currently turbo dumb, what does a downpipe do actually?
It;s the pipe leading directly off the turbo outlet, down to the exhaust out... Usually ones put on turbo's are smaller and not smoothly bent....
Get a bigger one and it act's like taking the cat's off on our trucks! On the car you should notice a difference, on the diesel all I noticed was better throttle response!
Hell you could you do an entire turbo upgrade!:D

Very nice Frank. I like the lines. Looks very aggressive. Hope you have fun with it.

That's the only way you can get a caliber and not get your man card pulled! I love the speakers that fold down on the rear hatch:rock: . Sounds like you got a hell of a deal on your trade too.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back