Trading the 10 for a Shelby GT 500???

Get the mustang , its a cool car, and a great price, then keep for a few months and sell it for a possible profit

then you can always get another ten, they are a dime a dozen at the moment, and if things worked out right, you could come out with little or no payments:rock:

Stinker said:
Get the mustang , its a cool car, and a great price, then keep for a few months and sell it for a possible profit

then you can always get another ten, they are a dime a dozen at the moment, and if things worked out right, you could come out with little or no payments:rock:

The 20+K over sticker buffer fell off here in Canada over a year ago. They were 80K here and are now in the low to mid 50s.
My buddy bought one a month ago (Full-load for 54K) and we have been putting it through it's paces.
They AREN'T a great handling car at high speeds and, as already posted, look too much like the zillion other Mustangs out there unless you know what to look for (I.M.H.O.). But, great to mod (He has already ordered go-fast items) and have a lot of power.
One thing we noticed, the REALLY vary in the power department in stock trim. We raced on test drives with my truck against a couple of GT500s (one salesman on board turned whiter than the car) and I pretty much killed them. The one (he bought) is a whole bunch faster and the race now is much closer. Once he gets his mods it won't be very close at all.

They have lots of power and lots more to gain for a 1/2 decent overall price. The handling though could get you into deep shit.

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
The 20K over sticker buffer fell off here in Canada over a year ago. They were 80K here and are now in the low to mid 50s.
My buddy bought one a month ago (Full-load for 54K) and we have been putting it through it's paces.
They AREN'T a great handling car at high speeds and, as already posted, look too much like the zillion other Mustangs out there unless you know what to look for (I.M.H.O.). But, great to mod (He has already ordered go-fast items) and have a lot of power.
One thing we noticed, the REALLY vary in the power department in stock trim. We raced on a test drive with my truck against the GT500 and I pretty much killed him. The one (he bought) is a whole bunch faster and the race now is much closer. Once he gets his mods it won't be very close at all.

They have lots of power and lots more to gain for a 1/2 decent overall price....

yeppers , personally if I was to buy a ford tang, it would have to be the super snake, more performance better car, but each individual has to make his own decisions, and for him, it might be jsut what he needs, would I do it.........nah, jsut not a ford guy, and for the money they are asking , it would be better put up for about 30 years, then taken out :D

Stinker said:
yeppers , personally if I was to buy a ford tang, it would have to be the super snake, more performance better car, but each individual has to make his own decisions, and for him, it might be jsut what he needs, would I do it.........nah, jsut not a ford guy, and for the money they are asking , it would be better put up for about 30 years, then taken out :D

The mods available for the Mustangs is like living with Santa at the north pole. My buddy ran (a mid 90's model 'Stang) 144 on Friday with only 13 pounds of boost with a 5400' D.A.
He is a bit of a nut case as his suspension is nearly stock! It makes the handling of the GT500s (called Shelbys here) look like an Indy car, by comparison.

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
The mods available for the Mustangs is like living with Santa at the north pole. My buddy ran (a mid 90's model 'Stang) 144 on Friday with only 13 pounds of boost with a 5400' D.A.
He is a bit of a nut case as his suspension is nearly stock! It makes the handling of the GT500s (called Shelbys here) look like an Indy car, by comparison.

yeah my bud has a 03 cobra convertable, he never drives it so its the fasstest car on four wheels!!!!!!!

in the carport!LOLOLOLOLOL

Just my (2 cents) KEEP the 10...Regardless of what's happening right now these trucks frigging RULE...As for the recognition and total respect you get i think the SRT 10 outdraws the GT500...:)

Stinker said:
yeah my bud has a 03 cobra convertable, he never drives it so its the fasstest car on four wheels!!!!!!!

in the carport!LOLOLOLOLOL

LOL!! Yeah, I actually heard something along those lines Friday night. "If my Uncle's cousin's brother still had his Chevelle, it would have killed your truck"!:argh:

Keep the truck. If you want a fast mustang, do some research and go pick up a 03-04 cobra.

$53k for a blown heavy car is a waste imo. I would say spend a little more and get a new vette.

RagunCajun said:
Keep the truck. If you want a fast mustang, do some research and go pick up a 03-04 cobra.

$53k for a blown heavy car is a waste imo. I would say spend a little more and get a new vette.

RagunCajun and Prof are right.

Do whatever you feel right though.

Wil

I still say buy it:D

Dude sit down put the figures on paper, look at what ya got now, what then, and what would happen down the road if ya sell the GT, and you know as well as everyone here, the trucks are cheap now:D

Stinker said:
I still say buy it:D

Dude sit down put the figures on paper, look at what ya got now, what then, and what would happen down the road if ya sell the GT, and you know as well as everyone here, the trucks are cheap now:D

unless its a 03/04 cobra im saying shame on you stinker, trading the 10 for a furd bah! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back