Trainman's Ultimate NA Build

Using the alum diff cover as a panhard bar mount to locate the rear end is crazy! It'll never hold! That was pretty cheesy of the installer IMO.

Last edited:
Ok not being a dick just simply stating what I see and facts. Only because I would hate to see this truck and driver injured. That panhard bar is unsafe. For several reasons. That aluminum dif covers has by no business holding that reared center. 2nd the other end of bar is only held on with shock mount bolt which will bend for sure. There needs to be another plate on the other side of that bar against frame. I also hope those tabs are welded on both sides of them. I work with metal and weld daily so I know a little bit about what I am saying.

Attachments

• 20150620_150226.jpg
    20150620_150226.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 80
since Train is settin up his beast for 1/4 track instead of twisty bits, would that make the panhard bar set up any better????

Just talked to the installer and he said it will be no problem to redo. He said it was pretty thick up there and the load is side to side, but he will change it if that's what I want. Thanks guys for catching that. We will make sure it is strong.

Just talked to the installer and he said it will be no problem to redo. He said it was pretty thick up there and the load is side to side, but he will change it if that's what I want. Thanks guys for catching that. We will make sure it is strong.

Great to hear! We want breaking records safely bud. :)
That's scared a few of us in the know. :burnout:

since Train is settin up his beast for 1/4 track instead of twisty bits, would that make the panhard bar set up any better????

No sir, any side to side load, like getting out of line in the 1/4 would shear diff cover or shock mount, whichever weak link gives first. All side to side movement would be uncontrolled!

Chris Duncan Racecars is who built my ladder bar setup and he used the diff cover to support the panhard bar. He made a bracket that bolted to it at 3 different points but he was confident that it would be perfectly fine given the girth of the cover.

One way to find out but last I knew I sold the last cover in the world for our trucks a year ago :(
I just can't see cast aluminum holding the force of side to side momentum. Even on a hard launch the axle is going to want to go to one side as the rear of truck squats and ladder bars provide an arc type pivot. It should be mounted to steel housing, but I guess we shall see soon enough.

Update: The engine, transmission and drive line are installed. There is an issue with the one of a kind ARH Headers, simply not enough clearance. The headers will have to be highly modified or we may have to have a custom set built on the truck. Todd at A&C knows a premier header builder for Vipers in San Diego and we may end up going to him. I will have Brad post photos as soon as I get some.

DSCN0867_zpsjeuhqxib.jpg

DSCN0868_zps3gzukend.jpg

DSCN0869_zpsu39f4aro.jpg

DSCN0870_zpsnhxf12lh.jpg

DSCN0871_zps1soifj82.jpg

DSCN0872_zpsm9zmuxcj.jpg

DSCN0873_zps7ry3m3st.jpg

DSCN0874_zpsynbojf7x.jpg

DSCN0875_zpsgs6hapmc.jpg

DSCN0876_zps2pe9z9rc.jpg

DSCN0877_zps0cspgoxl.jpg

DSCN0878_zpsjmpzgpda.jpg