Tropical Fish hobby

TheSickness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I would ask the question....Does anyone else on this board have the same hobby as I do ? Not used to but currently....If you do please post some pic's of your tanks and tell me what fish you have ect.......... I am prolly the only Dork that likes this stuff :eek: Thought it might be cool since our board has never talked about it :D Mikey

Ive got a leopard gecko that i bought 10 yrs ago, cant believe its still alive. When it dies i plan on turning the tank into a fish tank. I want a blowfish i think theyre awsome.

Dominick572 said:
Ive got a leopard gecko that i bought 10 yrs ago, cant believe its still alive. When it dies i plan on turning the tank into a fish tank. I want a blowfish i think theyre awsome.
Also very poisonous ;)

TheSickness said:
I thought I would ask the question....Does anyone else on this board have the same hobby as I do ? Not used to but currently....If you do please post some pic's of your tanks and tell me what fish you have ect.......... I am prolly the only Dork that likes this stuff :eek: Thought it might be cool since our board has never talked about it :D Mikey

Well bud...used to be a huge hobby of mine, and on the last house almost incoorperated a 120 gal aquarium into one of the walls...but since we were flipping the house...it was an un necessary expense..... it will be a hobby I get back into though.... so I guess were a pair of "dorks"

In the past however, I had about everything from Angel fish to Zebra's...
I only had freshwater...never dealt with saltwater...despite the much more brilliant colors associated with the saltwater fish.

Pirhanas are finiky. You have to starve them and turn off the lights to get a show out of them. Crayfish battles are fun to watch with them.

Cichlids have always been good aggressive fish, beatup on Pirhanas and Oscars.

Attachments

• 21c1b5a8cb.jpg
    21c1b5a8cb.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 51
My current tank is 24 g aquapod with the 150 watt MH, a hang on back skimmer, and soon a hang on back refugium.

It is set up as a reef.

Corals:
Hammer coral
devils hand leather
toad stool leather (fragged from the attached pic 3 times)
kenya tree
mushrooms
zoos
giant anthelia
pulsing zenia

livestock:
long tentacle anemone
black false perc (clown fish)
mandarin goby
bangai cardinal
urchin
feather duster
2 harlequin shrimp
emerald mithrax crab
sally light foot crab
hermits
snails

Dale

NBT said:
....I had about everything from Angel fish to Zebra's...

FROM Angel fish to ZEBRA'S??? That spans the entire gay genus of fish.

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Attachments

• gayalarmbq2.jpg
    gayalarmbq2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 46
tinygiants said:
My current tank is 24 g aquapod with the 150 watt MH, a hang on back skimmer, and soon a hang on back refugium.

It is set up as a reef.

Corals:
Hammer coral
devils hand leather
toad stool leather (fragged from the attached pic 3 times)
kenya tree
mushrooms
zoos
giant anthelia
pulsing zenia

livestock:
long tentacle anemone
black false perc (clown fish)
mandarin goby
bangai cardinal
urchin
feather duster
2 harlequin shrimp
emerald mithrax crab
sally light foot crab
hermits
snails

Dale
Very nice Dale !:D

The rose anemone pictured is in my daughters 10g tank.

The toad stool leather pictured was in her 10g also. It out grew the tank, so I cut it out and put it in my old 90g. The left over stub is a full leather in her 10g again. The one in the 90 got cut out during the take down of the 90 for the divorce. It was given to a friend. The left over stub is in my 24g and it is a full leather again. So currently 3 tanks have that original leather in them.

The harlequin shrimp are cool, but they eat a starfish about every 2 weeks.

Bone said:
Pirhanas are finiky. You have to starve them and turn off the lights to get a show out of them. Crayfish battles are fun to watch with them.

Cichlids have always been good aggressive fish, beatup on Pirhanas and Oscars.
So what is that Dave....Frontosa :confused:

TheSickness said:
The pic looks like a juvenile Frontosa ....Before they develop the Hump :D
Probably female then.

I haven't had tropical fish in the house for awhile either. With the boyz, dog that likes to eat live minnow bait, and 2-3 cats at any one time, the fish wouldn't last long. I would only give them a couple of hours before they are eaten, microwaved, painted, frozen, thrown in the toilet, or put outside to 'play'.:D

TheSickness said:
You are the fishy type :p :D And DORK is an understatement :p :p :D

at one time i had a 75 gal fresh water and 75 gal salt water in the house. aobut 6 months ago something went way wrong in the fresh water tank and killed everything. i had about 3000 in it at that time. one of the local fish dealers here talked me into every 200.00 fish you could get. the salt water tank has been moved to my office. it is a reef tank with tangs star fish and tons of stuff i dont know what it is. at one time it was completely stacked with beautiful fish. i had them for 3 years. even had two seahorses that were cool as hell but as i have found they dont last long in a reef tank with aggressive fish. i had everything named and raised a snowflake eel from the size of a pencil to 4 feet long. traded the eel for some smaller fish and the office staff keep track of it all now. its very soothing yet expensive. runs about 250 a month for maintenance. started out with 4 of us throwing 300 each to start it. i would have been better off to go to a gentlemans club with the money. the other 3 got out 3 years ago so my wife and i have foot the bill since then. figured we got over 20 grand in it in 5 years. there is about 1500 lbs of live rock and lots of plants. best thing i ever bought though was the eheim sealed wet dry filter so when power went out the filter didnt overflow and run all over the floor.

If golf and cigar smoking are (as you always say) ghey...... Then what the hell would you call a fish tank.................

Lynette is adamantly opposed to a fish tank....She says they're ghey...j/k

Personally, I love exotic fish.... I'd have fish but looking at 'em makes Lynette sick at her stomach.... It's a long story, but it's a valid point... Just chalk it up to childhood trauma.....

If I had a tank, I'd start with anemones and clown fish.... It'd have to be big...... A coupla hundred gallons or more...

SD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back