Tropical Fish hobby

Last time I went after tropicals I only got head...
Resized_Fishhead.jpg
[/IMG]

Silent D said:
If golf and cigar smoking are (as you always say) ghey...... Then what the hell would you call a fish tank.................

Lynette is adamantly opposed to a fish tank....She says they're ghey...j/k

Personally, I love exotic fish.... I'd have fish but looking at 'em makes Lynette sick at her stomach.... It's a long story, but it's a valid point... Just chalk it up to childhood trauma.....

If I had a tank, I'd start with anemones and clown fish.... It'd have to be big...... A coupla hundred gallons or more...

SD

When I hit the lotto... I want one of THESE! :eek: ......... I always wanted to have a salt-water tank. :)

aqua1.jpg

Black1 said:
When I hit the lotto... I want one of THESE! :eek: ......... I always wanted to have a salt-water tank. :)

aqua1.jpg

Awesome set-up........ Acquire a the fish tank service tho........

Probably quite a hefty charge for monthly service on that big boy.....

SD

Silent D said:
Awesome set-up........ Acquire a the fish tank service tho........

Probably quite a hefty charge for monthly service on that big boy.....

SD

I am sure... Its 1200 gallons. :eek: I bet it would be about as much as one of my current house payments to pay for monthly up-keep.

Black1 said:
I am sure... Its 1200 gallons. :eek: I bet it would be about as much as one of my current house payments to pay for monthly up-keep.
i pay 250 a month for the service and supplies for a 75 gallon i cant imagine how much it would be for that tank.

mcrodney said:
i pay 250 a month for the service and supplies for a 75 gallon i cant imagine how much it would be for that tank.

What do they do every month? :dontknow: Do they just clean the filters and wipe down the sides? ..... Or do they drain the whole thing? :confused:

Black1 said:
What do they do every month? :dontknow: Do they just clean the filters and wipe down the sides? ..... Or do they drain the whole thing? :confused:

Ya, sounds a bit steep to me too............

They must be giving little tiny blowjobs to each fish.............:D

SD

Black1 said:
LMAO!!! :D :D :D :D At least they are HAPPY FISH! :p
thats for the 20% water change. the purple up. vacuum the rocks. scrape the glass. clean the protein skimmer. clean the filters. add plankton, iodine. includes the water, salt and time. he comes every other monday. plus there is only one guy in the area. my old guy retired a year ago and he only charged 75 every two weeks. 125 ever other week isnt bad from what i hear. oh yeah the krill and brine shrimp and kelp cubes.

mcrodney said:
thats for the 20% water change. the purple up. vacuum the rocks. scrape the glass. clean the protein skimmer. clean the filters. add plankton, iodine. includes the water, salt and time. he comes every other monday. plus there is only one guy in the area. my old guy retired a year ago and he only charged 75 every two weeks. 125 ever other week isnt bad from what i hear.

Yeah, if it's salt water fish... I suppose they have to do a lot more (keep the PH right and all). :dontknow:

yeah forgot that he uses his own chemicals for the ph. but for some reason hes only had to adjust the ph twice in 5 years. must have gotten lucky with the correct set up.

I ask this because of a few things :D 1. I am going to set up my 75 gal gallon and in the past I have raised and breed just about everything. From Africans to South American Ciclids and even community tanks. Hell I even caught my own Blue Gill's and breed them for a year and then the mutiny happend LOLOLOL. In another life I wanted to be a Marine Biologist and I even took care of the tanks at the college for a bit.. But I am going nuts trying to figure out what I want to do next.... I am thinking of doing Blood Parrots or maybe Blue Rams :confused: But I am also sorta thinking a large community tank. :confused: Gimme some ideas guys and I really wanna stay away from salt water...:mad: Hehehhehe

careful with the blood parrots i had two in my fresh water tank and they kept trying to mate even though they were sterile. the female was constantly laying eggs with is what we think spoiled the tank. then somehow the male died and we were on vacation. when we came home everything was dead. i had a shovel nose catfish that i had for 5 years, a reed fish that was 3 years old. a ghost knife that was 2 years old, two albino corys, two blood parrots, and purple crayfish.

mcrodney said:
careful with the blood parrots i had two in my fresh water tank and they kept trying to mate even though they were sterile. the female was constantly laying eggs with is what we think spoiled the tank. then somehow the male died and we were on vacation. when we came home everything was dead. i had a shovel nose catfish that i had for 5 years, a reed fish that was 3 years old. a ghost knife that was 2 years old, two albino corys, two blood parrots, and purple crayfish.
Eggs get toxic when your nitrate levels in the tank are to high....Thank You Rodney for the info :D

also fyi shovel nose catfish are awesome when they are small. but they eat everything when they get over 3 years old. i had tons of colorful fish over the 5 year period but had to keep buying fish every month because they were constantly missing. oh yeah had two pike also. they were cool looking but never did anything. wish i would have known i sold all my freshwater stuff including the eheim filter with heater all the bulbs lights artificial plants, tank, stand and supplies for 100.00. was just sick to my stomach and pissed when everything died after having it so long. hell the eheim was 449.99.

mcrodney said:
also fyi shovel nose catfish are awesome when they are small. but they eat everything when they get over 3 years old. i had tons of colorful fish over the 5 year period but had to keep buying fish every month because they were constantly missing. oh yeah had two pike also. they were cool looking but never did anything. wish i would have known i sold all my freshwater stuff including the eheim filter with heater all the bulbs lights artificial plants, tank, stand and supplies for 100.00. was just sick to my stomach and pissed when everything died after having it so long. hell the eheim was 449.99.
All of the catfish species from will eat anything smaller then they are...Even some species of Plecostomus, wull do the same at some point :D

Thanks for this thread Mikey... I haven't thought about having fish for over 2 years.... Now, your going to make me spend money on something other than my truck, or cigars. :eek: :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back