Truck is running bad & loading up. Anyone got any idea??

Sorry Dom, no the message wasn't intended for you, but the OP that proclaimed " I haven't been on a computer in a while" when his last visited always shows something current. Be very aware of RobWClark as he and I had a wheel trade some time back ( going on a year) and we agreed to swap back the tires since mine were Brand New!! After a few days I called him to verify a shop in his area to swap the tires, never an answer since. No returned PMs, no return phone calls, etc. He lives an hour from me so making the drive to find out he isn't there is pointless. I simply want my set of new tires or something of equal value. I will not let this simply go away as you must be thinking. I do not take getting screwed over lightly!!

Not only have I been wronged by this guy, but I know Stinker, a fellow Air Force member, and a Paxton SC purchase from another member have all gone bad some how. Truck not as descibed, SC missing important pieces, not purchasing parts ordered etc.

Not the end of RANT!!:mad:

Even without mounting & balancing I'm out $600 worth of tires!! I was even gonna pay for both sets to be done. He bails with the new set and I have the dry rotted, bad wear spot tires? Nope, whether those tires, something of equal value we need to even up.

VENOMOUS1 said:
hey Mr. " not on the computer much lately" guy. You owe me a set of new tires for my 10. Still have them? Understand you not being on the computer but I called till blue in the face. I am making this public again because everyone is helping you out but you have screwed a few of us over and I ain't letting it lie. PM me some info bud!

Yes, I have a life outside my computer. Sometimes I have a life where the computer is the last of my problems and worries. Scott, you received no response from me because the first thing I read from you was a public slandering of me, and now I see sarcasm which I am not a fan of either. To top it off you have labeled me a "person who has screwed over numerous members of the VTCOA". Previously, you went too far so I was not going to take my time, but since you refuse to let it go, and are putting labels on me, I suppose my side of the story might be in order, since your now making me out to be some kind of thief who randomly screws people over on the VTCOA board, then comes begging for help. Scott, do you realize just how serious public slandering is?

I would like anyone else who I have screwed over to please make it public. But guess what, no one else is gonna chime in because I haven't screwed anyone over. I am a human who lives a human life, and "screwing someone", and "being slow" are two very different things which I guess you grouped together in the hopes of "bringing out the truth about robwclark". Ok I'll play ball for this one post, but anything negative you further bring to the table will be ignored. If after this response you have a gang of fellow robwclark haters, then I'll take my ass somewhere else, however I don't think this board is full of dummies.

Just like any conflict, miscommunication, error, or even a good screwing(as applied to me as you say), there are always two sides to every story. I am not a crook, nor a con artist, or even slightly dishonest, I am a Hard working Christian father of 4 who strives to make sure I treat everyone the way I want to be treated. Scott you are the classic "offer and inch, and take a mile" person. You say I screwed you out of a NEW set of tires. Well, that's a heck of a strong statement considering on the VERY OUTSIDE I screwed you out of 30% of a set of tires, which is still untrue in my opinion, but lets see.

OK guys here's the story(gosh I hate typing long posts):

A number of months ago, maybe November/Dec, last winter me and Scott sort of made friends because we are kinda close by and have a similar interest(VTCOA). I don't remember exactly how, but Scott saw a picture with an SRT10 in the background or something, and made it known to me he would like to trade me his stock wheels/tires for a set of black aftermarket wheels & tires I had on a truck we had in inventory. This would be an advantage for him and the company I work for as they always prefer stock wheels on its vehicles. As I recall, there was a money difference of $200 or so I was giving him with the black wheels.

Now, here's where I made an honest mistake.
I did make the honest mistake of telling Scott the tires on the black wheels were pretty new with an estimated 80-90% tread remaining as when I looked at them, that was my honest opinion. He told me his tires were new, but that he was fine with the trade as long as the tread was pretty close. Well a couple of days later Scott shows up with his truck about 7 or 8 PM ready to swap wheels/tires. We go back to my shop where the truck is that has the black wheels Scott is wanting to trade for. Scott is looking at the wheels/tires and then says something to the effect of "man my tires have more tread then these do" I responded by telling him lets go compare the two side by side. After looking at the tires side by side, it was obvious I had made a mistake, and the tires probably had 70% tread and I am just learning his tires are "BRAND NEW" so yes there was about a 30% tread difference. At that point, my exact words to Scott are"well man I thought these tires were pretty new, but now I see your set, I see I made a mistake". I then told Scott "Well man, its up to you, I am sorry about the tread difference", "Now, I know I made a mistake on the tread depth, but I can't offer you any more money with these black wheels". "At this hour, there are no tires shops open to mount/balance them, so if you still wanna trade we can, but if not, no hard feelings". I then told him I would cover his gas driving here because the mistake was my fault. He said " Well lets just do it anyway. I really want these black wheels and tires"

OK, people, listen up. At that point, deal is on, its done, and we are busy swapping wheels/tires. Out of the goodness of my heart along with my big mouth that cant stay shut, I tell Scott : "Hey man, if you wanna come back during daytime business hours and pay to remount the tires so you can keep your new tires, that will be fine, just get it done pretty quick as I have a boss to answer to. OK people, listen up again: At this point, I own his wheels & tires, he owns mine. I simply wanted to be sure he was happy with the deal, because that's the kind of person I am. His response was " Well, Its a long drive up here , and with my work schedule, I doubt I'll be doing that, The tread is close enough for me". I took his response as declining my offer. We finish swapping the wheels, shake hands, shoot the S for an hour, and he goes home. About 2 weeks later he sends me a text or voice message saying he wants to take me up on my offer of swapping the tires. I promptly respond to him telling him OK, but lets get it done. He tells me he is coming on the next Saturday to come do the tire swap. At this point I am already in trouble with my boss, as she doesn't want me spending my time at work at a tire shop for 2 hours while we wait on a tire swap. Well, Scott calls me up and wants to do it another time because "this Saturday wont work". I just said well OK, just lemme know. I cant promise it happened again, but if my memory serves me correctly, he changed his mind twice 2 different weekends, and by that time he had been driving on the tires enough to place considerable wear on them. Another week or 2 or even 3 goes by, As of this point in time, I have forgotten about the whole deal and am on to the next 20 things I have to do at work.

I have had 3 personal issues in the past 2 years that have placed me in such a crazy-busy position, I cant even begin to describe the rough patches I have been through. Well, one of these things was a personal issue with one of my children in the later part of last year(2009). I remember when I got back to work, one of the MANY problems I had was an upset Scott who had in the meantime decided to slander me publicly, and at that point it was not going to be possible to do any trading of tires as he's been driving on them for a month or two, or 3 maybe, and my boss would have said no to any further trading/swapping parts. Because he had slandered me, it simply angered me, so I dint give much of an answer. I even just received a PM from Scott on May 5th warning me he was going to have to go public with the problem. The bad thing was, he already had. I guess he didn't realize I had already seen his post.

Well folks there you have it, 2 hours of my time wasted, but at least there's an answer. This is a completely ignorant problem, that if Scott will choose to think about with a truth-seeking open mind, he will remember we didn't just make some deal the night he picked the wheels up to come back and swap tires. That was an offer I made as a courtesy that he actually declined, then called up and wanted to accept later. I truly feel I am actually due an apology. I have a boss to answer to, and I cant please everyone, so there ya go people.

QUICK NOTE QUICK NOTE: I personally made absolutely no personal gain by trading as I was only doing my job at the dealership I work at which is reconditioning vehicles. This was not a trade that I personally benefited from! Kinda sucks to have your personal life slandered as a result of your job performance.

Damn that was a long read!

Who knows what really happened???

Just seems that communication breakdowns happen very often, sometimes they become the excuse, and often they can be used as the fixer!

I don't know if there was a communication disconnect here or not...but it would probably be best for everyone if all parties just blamed it on "those damn communication issues"...

It's totally believable. And they seem like two pretty good guys. Maybe it was just a ssimple misunderstanding? :dontknow:

Well, where do we start on your post Rob? First off, I am glad to hear from you on this ordeal, as it has been since end of October 09' since this went down. In December, you got on the forum after not being able to contact you since our swap in Oct., you told the forum of your "Turbo 10" and invited me to come see it. I was in shock, but ready to see it and PMd you about swapping the tires at the same time. Never saw the Turbo truck or my tires cause you wouldn't return a call or PM.

As far as the original deal went, you are correct! I did say we would take care of the tires another time ( late at night and no shops open), but I never said I would just let it be, being my tires were literally weeks old and yours were weather cracked and worn on the inside edges. I called you the next day and several days after to try and arrange with you a time to get back to CLeburne ( 1 1/2 hours) and get the tires swapped and you were also gonna find who could do the 22"s and how much so I was not blindsided when I arrived there. You agreed the night of the swap to find a local tire shop that could mount and balance 22s and find out how much to do so. Now as far as miles I put on the truck on your tires, of course I did, I had to get around when I wanted to drive the 10. I will tell you that those miles were nill and not enough to indicate wear. I have other rides I use way more often than the 10 as most of us here do as well. I have tried 10 months to get this done and the last time we were even close was when you talked about coming to see your Turbo 10 and that was late Dec.? What about the next 7 months?

Bud, I had no intent on ever bringing this to public on this forum but you left me no choice in the matter. Tires aren't cheap (even though those were somewhat inexpensive compared to others, $150 per tire) and I had no reason to go buy another set when I just purchased 4. I did tell you I would pay for both sets mounting and balancing.

Now we can handle this like men and come to some sort of agreement, but I'll be damned to just let it be. Your tires have been off my truck since about May because they are simply unsafe with drycracked sidewalls and inner tire wear even though I barely drive the truck. Every time I took the 10 out I thought of you and my tires since I was riding on MAYPOPS! I have tires now obviously, but will still take those back if you still have them. If not we need to come to terms somehow.

Thanks for standing up after all this time.;)

Last edited:
77337f06-3.gif

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
LOLOLLOL ya'll gonna have to come up this spring, we got a butcher shop and a seafood market really close:D
Sounds like Dan and I need to have mini GTG at your house

:motz: :thumpdown: :dong: :hmmmm2: :idea: :s: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :sleep: :hmmmm: :bs: :deadhorse: :stupido3: :smokin: :bandit: :call2: :banghead: :flute: :hmpf: :questionmark: :questionmark: :argh: :mad: :( :confused: :( :dontknow:

That is all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back