Tubbed the Bed

hey tiny. great mod man:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock:

the thumbnails are not showin up. got any of the panhard bar set up?????

Ram From Hell said:
Give me a shout on Monday. I'll see what I can do.:D
OK
I will also give you a call if he has an opening any sooner. He took my number in case he gets an opening on Friday or Saturday.

Front end alignment is complete. I had resonators added to the exhaust today, since yesterday I could not hear my daughter talking while driving. It sounds much more civilized. Maybe I can get a soundfile this weekend. I will try.

Dale, are you using resonators only? I am thinking about that...

Prof said:
Dale, are you using resonators only? I am thinking about that...
No.
I had 2 Flo Pro mufflers installed yesterday, but they were to loud by themselves. So today I added 2 12" resonators. Currently I have completely separate exhaust banks. So I may add a X pipe in the future.

tinygiants said:
No.
I had 2 Flo Pro mufflers installed yesterday, but they were to loud by themselves. So today I added 2 12" resonators. Currently I have completely separate exhaust banks. So I may add a X pipe in the future.
pics of your exhaust ?

thanks for the photo dale.:rock:

man that thing looks like a Viper with a tail gate:burnout: :rock: :burnout: :congrats:

Since I do not have any family here and this was not my year to have my daughter, I worked on the truck. I got most of the power distribution and switches done for the water/meth kit, N20, N2O Heater, N2O Purge, and Line Lock.

In the photo you will see that one switch is a pushbutton, that is for the water meth as it will be on most of the time. The rest are covered by a safety cover. The purge and line lock are both momentary push button switches. I mounted them under the safety cover anyway.

Attached is also a pic of the exhaust exit point in front of the rear tire.

Attachments

• P1000720.jpg
    P1000720.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 401
  • P1000726.jpg
    P1000726.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 262
tinygiants said:
Since I do not have any family here and this was not my year to have my daughter, I worked on the truck. I got most of the power distribution and switches done for the water/meth kit, N20, N2O Heater, N2O Purge, and Line Lock.

In the photo you will see that one switch is a pushbutton, that is for the water meth as it will be on most of the time. The rest are covered by a safety cover. The purge and line lock are both momentary push button switches. I mounted them under the safety cover anyway.

Attached is also a pic of the exhaust exit point in front of the rear tire.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

http://www.jegs.com/i/AFCO/921/3850/10002/-1
ProductDisplayPopup

I just ordered these. They should be in by Wednesday, so I can install them and the heavier springs at the same time. Then we should start to see some better handling.

Got the initial tune done. We are at 440 hp, but that is not the aggressive tune, nor does it include the water meth. We will get back on the dyno again after the first of the year. We will tune for the smaller pulley and water meth injection then

Something I have to keep in mind, is my previous dyno pulls were on stock rubber, now I am spinning much larger meats.

The new shocks arrived today as well. So I am scheduled to install them if the new springs arrive on the 10:30 AM shipment to my local shop. Other wise I may have to wait :(

AS a side note, Alex at Carb Connection and his crew were great to work with. I recommend and will use them again.

Attachments

• staged.jpg
    staged.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 342
  • rolling.jpg
    rolling.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,231
  • alex.jpg
    alex.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 215
  • alex2.jpg
    alex2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 226
And for you haters out there, take it easy on me for the truck being dirty. It was a 85 mile drive in the rain to get to the dyno appointment. :)

moparracing said:
looks good dale -- got any pics from under the hood ?
Nothing new Randy.

I just compared my break in tune with the old Roe hot tune, and we still have lots of room to get power before we get close to the timing that Roe was pushing. So I think I will be in good shape to hit into the 600 range with water meth and a smaller pulley. The goal today was to get me on the road with a tune I could drive hard but safe. We will shoot for power later this month.

Here is a pic of the new Shocks.

Attachments

• P1000752.jpg
    P1000752.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 246
tinygiants said:
Nothing new Randy.

I just compared my break in tune with the old Roe hot tune, and we still have lots of room to get power before we get close to the timing that Roe was pushing. So I think I will be in good shape to hit into the 600 range with water meth and a smaller pulley. The goal today was to get me on the road with a tune I could drive hard but safe. We will shoot for power later this month.

Here is a pic of the new Shocks.
don't get me wrong man - not knockin' ya....... just haven't seen any pics under the hood since you got it all back together. :)

tinygiants said:
And for you haters out there, take it easy on me for the truck being dirty. It was a 85 mile drive in the rain to get to the dyno appointment. :)

How was it driving in the rain? Very loose in the rear hyroplaneing on wet pavement? Looks great with the hugh rubber:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back