tubo 05 qc from vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prof said:
I prefer to err of the side of caution...better he baby it, because it will blow. Every other one has...except Marty's...and, well...better just not say any more about that.

If his has not blown...it is the only one. He better be scared, the preponderance of evidence is huge. His the only one to survive? Sorry, if I were him I would be pulling the STS now. (and calling you about a new approach!) I bet if you get a call from him you will recommend going away from the STS!

LOL probably so Prof, but still, its new, he should enjoy the awesome power and possibilties of the worlds most powerful truck the allmighty

RAM SRT-10:burnout:

vegasturbo10 said:
all good to know and thank you for the info .... i wanna do a full build anyways that was my plan from the get go . so if she blows oh well looks like stinker gunna make some extra holiday cash

I wouldn't just say oh well if she blows:( Cause it could do this to your block and render it useless:eek: As Roy always says "work your plan and plan your work" (I think):D
truckstuff001-2.jpg

turbo vegas............tell these boys this;)

its better to feel the spool , than be a fool and listen to the whine of the supercharger line:p :p :p :p

Get your truck some help ASAP. I trust the people on this site and they know what they are talking about.
Call Nevarez Racing Products about your truck, ask for Gil and only Gil. They are out at the race track. Gil knows turbo's very well, he will help you out, he might even know who put the STS kit on your truck.

Will

I say enjoy your truck just the way you did when you drove it off the lot.

You got one bad ass truck and the smiles per mile that you get will be some of the best of your life.

I tried to read every post, but decided I would save myself the anxiety. There is some good information out there to keep your truck running and free from explosions. FlyingLow and Marty ( see link http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19592&highlight=Marty+KRC) and maybe a few others can give you some success advice to keep you on the road and smiling.

Enjoy your ride my friend

You'll love it

Jeff

PS.......

Never let anyone steal your dream!

vegasturbo10 said:
im in vegas so can anyone point me in the right direction to have someone look at it and tune it right . somewhere kinda close to me ? what should my air fuel mix be ???? it says 14.9 and go's to about 13.6 on boost is that ok ?

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the 10...keep your foot out of it until you can get it tuned properly...;)
NO to the 13.6 on boost "Lean is mean...but rich is safe".

Concur.

Caution is advisable in my opinion.

A little caution until you have confidence that the engine will live with the STS.

Stinker said:
turbo vegas............tell these boys this;)

its better to feel the spool , than be a fool and listen to the whine of the supercharger line:p :p :p :p
is that what you said trying to catch me in PCB,FL?:D

Welcome:rock: I just moved here to Fort Irwin. I'm sure it won't take me long to find my way to Vegas:eek: Hopefully we can meet up some time

Congrats on the 10:congrats:

well the trucks going to NRS here in vegas to be dyno'd and tuned next week or so .. i asked everyone i could find and everyone said to take it to gill . he is a "turbo god" so we will see he better be for 600 bucks

Hey vegas turbo,welcome to the asylum:rock: sounds like you are being prudent with your new baby,stink and pirate do a "beef" up your internals, for 8k to 10k , sumpin to think about,me I just need some scratch on my stock 10 for new tires:rock: :rock: :rock:

i dont know what Gill is going to use to tune it cause he told me that he doesn't like the sct programmers... let me know when you plan on going out there. Gills the one that dynoed my truck. Need to get it dynoed again to see what the Billy Boat exhaust did.

What are you using for tuning? VEC 3 , STS 1-E, SCT? How is your boost being referenced, i.e. what are the hoses from the waste gates connected too?

bolth waist gate's hoses run to a electronic valve of some sort and from there go to a adjustable presure knob

That is the STS1-E. It is like a mini Vec2 that can control Meth. Do you have the smart cards that go into the 1-E? The green light on your pillar looks like a meth light. Does it come on under boost? If you Meth kit is Roe then it will have a tube that drops into your windshield washer reservoir. If it is some other type of kit then look for a nozzle somewhere that sprays into the intake. This should be after the 4 extra injectors. The STS 1-E controls the 4 extra injectors which should be under the front intake pipe just forward of the blow off valve. You are much better off going with 10 larger injectors vice the 4 extra. There is no way for the extra fuel to spread evenly among 10 cylinders and the #3 usually gets the least. The connection you have for the waste gates sounds like a boost controller. Is it incremented in LBS or PSI? the switch on you pillar could be the high/low for the oil pump. If you don't have any other switches under the hood then my bet would be the oil pump. You can turn the key to on and have your buddy move the switch while you are under the truck and listen for the pump to change sounds.

Smoke

i have never seen the green light turn on .. there is a red light on the other side of that one.. as for the rest ill have to check it out ... thanks for the help trying to figure this out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back