tubo 05 qc from vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
vegasturbo10 said:
i bought the truck the way it sits. i found it on a car lot just the way it is . stage 2 sts turbo kit , but i dont realy know what all has been done to it if anything besides turbo ... im boostin 7 lbs . and i know i havent been beat on the road yet the vets and mustangs keep tryin

OH NO:eek:

Somebody else tell him please:(

Welcome to the RBC!

Make sure your tune is spot on with that Turbo. If you don't your going to get know Stinker and Pirateman very soon.

vegasturbo10 said:
are the sts kits junk ?

I think every member on this board that's had one went BOOM:( If your running stock internals it WON'T be long until it happens:( Be careful with it.

(flyinglow) just got his motor built and is using the STS.

Welcome to the club........Kyle is trying to say that you better have someone that knows turbos (like JBM ) look at your truck....almost every STS turbo here has blown...

im in vegas so can anyone point me in the right direction to have someone look at it and tune it right . somewhere kinda close to me ? what should my air fuel mix be ???? it says 14.9 and go's to about 13.6 on boost is that ok ?

vegasturbo10 said:
im in vegas so can anyone point me in the right direction to have someone look at it and tune it right . somewhere kinda close to me ? what should my air fuel mix be ???? it says 14.9 and go's to about 13.6 on boost is that ok ?

HOLY CRAP!!!! Don't drive that thing hard at all running like that:eek: Under boost it should be in the 12.0-12.5 range I think.

vegasturbo10 said:

BAD!!!!,,should be around 12 at WOT......

The AF ratio should be around 10.5 - 11 to 1 ratio with turbo to be on the safe side for forced induction under W.O.T. especially for a STS.

NA runs around 11.5 - 12.5 to 1 AF ratio under W.O.T.

vegasturbo10 said:
anyone where i can take it around the las vegas area to be tuned ?

I dont know but someone will chime in....better keep your foot out of it till you get it check or you will be the newest member of the kablooie club...

ok i just went to the store to make sure..... at idle air/fuel is 14.8 and at 7 lbs of boost it go's to 11.5 with my foot to the floor .... so i was wrong befor, i had to go check . like i said i just bought it so i have alot to learn

Much better...still would have someone that knows what they are doing look over the tuning...the STS has just been undependable on these trucks....they quit offering it for the SRT10 as matter fact..

sorry about that guys ... i do thank you for the help i should have looked a bit closer befor opening my mouth .... i am interested in any help u can give of where to get it tuned tho.

Dont get discouraged...it may be a solid build....and that turbo will put some power down......get us some pictures....under hood too..;)

TNVIPER said:
Much better...still would have someone that knows what they are doing look over the tuning...the STS has just been undependable on these trucks....they quit offering it for the SRT10 as matter fact..

Saw STS at the SEMA show last week. They are still selling their systems for the SRT10.

this will sound a bit stupid but how the crap do i post the pics on here it just puts the link to my photobucket

Sounds like a sweet truck to me, contact STS and ask about your nearest tuner, getcha a good tune and enjoy the hell out of it:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

black pearl said:
Saw STS at the SEMA show last week. They are still selling their systems for the SRT10.

I had read a thread somewhere that mentioned you couldnt buy the SRT10 kit anymore?..:dontknow: ....but what do I know?..:marchmellow:

im havin fun with it . where can i find a good price on internal parts? i would like to start building motor asap.. what would be a good start to building one of these monster motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back