tubo 05 qc from vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aboard.:hello:

vegasturbo10 said:
this will sound a bit stupid but how the crap do i post the pics on here it just puts the link to my photobucket

Copy the [IMG Code] from photobucket, and paste it into the message body.

;)

vegasturbo10 said:
im havin fun with it . where can i find a good price on internal parts? i would like to start building motor asap.. what would be a good start to building one of these monster motors?

Here's a good place to start....

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28929

:rock:

Last edited:
1021081359a.jpg
1030080826.jpg
1021081359a.jpg

vegasturbo10 said:
im havin fun with it . where can i find a good price on internal parts? i would like to start building motor asap.. what would be a good start to building one of these monster motors?

PM Stinker...he is the man for making that truck strong..

Welcome...now let me be straight with you.

There are only three surviving STS turbo's on our trucks. All of the rest have blown the engine.

Only one man has been able to make them survive (Marty in Florida) but he has dropped off the face of the earth. Contact Flyinglow as soon as possible, he is the other survivor (but had had to rebuild once by Marty).

Another bit of info: STS has stopped building the turbo for our trucks...what does that tell you?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are in trouble if past is prologue. Get with Flyinglow as quickly as possible...he will be able to give you the best guidance on what to do from here...

We are here to help...but the odds are really stacked against you.

Prof...I had read somewhere in this forum the same thing...STS quit making the turbo for the 10......but Black Pearl said he saw them at the Sema show..:dontknow:

Bo dont let these fellas scare you too much;)

but definitly dont go with marty on a tune, or you will end up with bad news;)

If you can find a dyno in your area, call Sean Roe of Roe racing and he can set up an email session, where you run the truck on the dyno, email the dyno to him , he writes a tune and sends it back to you.

But you air fuel is spot on, the best way to check is to do a long pull on a hill from say third gear, at wide open throttle, it should stay below 12 the entire time.

but you should be good for now.

the problem is the motors dont accept any type of forced induction too long, the pistons are jsut junk.

and some will tell you rods, oiling issues, and tons of other stuff, but mainly the pistons cant handle boost.

but if ya need any engine work we can definitly help.

from just rods and pistons and the correct bearings, to a fulll bore 522 stroker

to give you an idea of pricing just rodsand pistons run around 8k.

let me knwo if I can help ya, but if your air fuel is good, then jsut enjoy the ride bro:rock:

Stinker said:
Bo dont let these fellas scare you too much;)

but definitly dont go with marty on a tune, or you will end up with bad news;)

If you can find a dyno in your area, call Sean Roe of Roe racing and he can set up an email session, where you run the truck on the dyno, email the dyno to him , he writes a tune and sends it back to you.

But you air fuel is spot on, the best way to check is to do a long pull on a hill from say third gear, at wide open throttle, it should stay below 12 the entire time.

but you should be good for now.

the problem is the motors dont accept any type of forced induction too long, the pistons are jsut junk.

and some will tell you rods, oiling issues, and tons of other stuff, but mainly the pistons cant handle boost.

but if ya need any engine work we can definitly help.

from just rods and pistons and the correct bearings, to a fulll bore 522 stroker

to give you an idea of pricing just rodsand pistons run around 8k.

let me knwo if I can help ya, but if your air fuel is good, then jsut enjoy the ride bro:rock:

The man has spoken..........Stinker has a turbo too....and he has the parts to make yours stay together...:)

TNVIPER said:
The man has spoken..........Stinker has a turbo too....and he has the parts to make yours stay together...:)

I will try my best to help:D

LOL but I read thru the enitire thread and dang! I bet he was like.........oh crap! what have I bought!

LOLOL
:burnout:

eventually if you run a turbo, nos, paxton, Roe or a turbonator:p you are most likley gonna end up doing some engine work, how long it last? who knows, but alot of times its best to catch it before you can look thru the fenderwell and see the crank:p

Stinker said:
I will try my best to help:D

LOL but I read thru the enitire thread and dang! I bet he was like.........oh crap! what have I bought!

LOLOL
:burnout:

eventually if you run a turbo, nos, paxton, Roe or a turbonator:p you are most likley gonna end up doing some engine work, how long it last? who knows, but alot of times its best to catch it before you can look thru the fenderwell and see the crank:p

Yea..we probably came on a little strong...he is probably trying to sell it now...

TNVIPER said:
Yea..we probably came on a little strong...he is probably trying to sell it now...
LOLOL I woulda said the same:D You KNOW how I feel about the STS, but he has it, its running good, make the best of what you have:rock: :rock:

Heck I cant say a thing:p mine is on the table:argh:

yes Prof the STS has a bad rep............but the guy jsut bought the truck, it seems to be running good.

Let the guy be happy with his purchase, instead of scarring the crap out of him. give him suggestions;)

all good to know and thank you for the info .... i wanna do a full build anyways that was my plan from the get go . so if she blows oh well looks like stinker gunna make some extra holiday cash

vegasturbo10 said:
all good to know and thank you for the info .... i wanna do a full build anyways that was my plan from the get go . so if she blows oh well looks like stinker gunna make some extra holiday cash

Glad to see you post this...I thought we might have scared the wee wee out of ya....enjoy that badazz truck..:rock:

I prefer to err of the side of caution...better he baby it, because it will blow. Every other one has...except Marty's...and, well...better just not say any more about that.

If his has not blown...it is the only one. He better be scared, the preponderance of evidence is huge. His the only one to survive? Sorry, if I were him I would be pulling the STS now. (and calling you about a new approach!) I bet if you get a call from him you will recommend going away from the STS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back