100_3236.jpg

100_3235.jpg

100_3234.jpg

100_3233.jpg

100_3232.jpg

100_3231.jpg

100_3230.jpg

100_3229.jpg

overall about 27 inches long 8 inches wide 12.5 inches deep made outta plastic. Personally unless you really want or need them for the price I wouldnt buy them. They "feel kinda cheap"

BAD-RC said:
overall about 27 inches long 8 inches wide 12.5 inches deep made outta plastic. Personally unless you really want or need them for the price I wouldnt buy them. They "feel kinda cheap"
WHOA!! Thanks bro, that's awesome. Lol I actually didn't expect any photos so what a bonus. :rock: I had a feeling that might be the only concern, maybe it's that bright glossy plastic vs. the high price that makes it feel that way. :dontknow: Hmmm, it's a tough one, in terms of hideaway storage, this is pretty much all we have unless you go fully custom. Thanks again Sir.

:cheers:

I've seen the fixed mount ones for trucks before and thought they could be useful for tools, fluids, parts, but I don't like the idea that they have to be screwed into the bed.

Would prefer a frame setup that mounts using clamps like a bed cap would to hold them in place so they can be removed with negligible affect on the bed.

FATJACK said:
Might not look so bad if you could paint them flat or a satin black.

I was thinking carpet like the bedrug. :dontknow: I know when I was doing car audio I could get rolls of that carpet.

I have sold a bunch of these lately. I installed one the other day but the customer wanted some holes drilled in the bottom (Swing out beer Cooler).

tsmith3 said:
I have sold a bunch of these lately. I installed one the other day but the customer wanted some holes drilled in the bottom (Swing out beer Cooler).
Interesting! Do you know if they will clear the beg rugs and/or plastic floor trays (below)? They state in some blurbs "clears 3inches above the deck". But, looking at the photos, it looks like you can basically mount it as high as you want as long as your side tailgate posts are flat enough, if that makes sense. Are they as per the instructions to install or are there those "hidden" mods required for our trucks? What did you think of the quality and look once installed?

Thanks!!

BedTray.jpg

Carl, here's another option that may interest you. It's called Activgate, a cargo management system. The system includes 2 locking storage boxes, a movable gate for securing cargo and integrates full bed protection. All system components require no drill mounting. The system was/is manufactured by:

Projx Auto Inc.

Madison Heights, MI

248/616-0600, Contact: Doug Street

Manufacturer of the ActivGate, a custom, modular cargo-management system with movable gate, lockable bins and custom bed liner.

I have a copy of a 2006 Dodge Ram sales brochure that shows the Activgate system as an available accessory for the 06 model year. The system may be available directly from Dodge, not sure though. The only literature I could find on the cargo system was in a 2007 Dodge Ram accessories catalog. Attached is the link for the 07 catalog, page 5 shows the system - with photos.

http://www.mopar.ca/en/accessories/catalogues_2007/dodge/2007_RAM_ACC_reduced.pdf

Carlwalski said:
Interesting! Do you know if they will clear the beg rugs and/or plastic floor trays (below)? They state in some blurbs "clears 3inches above the deck". But, looking at the photos, it looks like you can basically mount it as high as you want as long as your side tailgate posts are flat enough, if that makes sense. Are they as per the instructions to install or are there those "hidden" mods required for our trucks? What did you think of the quality and look once installed?

Thanks!!

BedTray.jpg

Carl, they look great and have a good finish. As for installing them, they are pretty straight forward. The only thing I have found is that you need to screw in the "main" bracket first then put the case on and line up the latch system before screwing it in. The latch system usually needs to be moved up by about 1/2 an inch to latch perfectly.

You shouldn't have any clearance problems with the bed rug or mat. With your tonneau cover on, you may want to take out the mat so you can swing out the case and open the top of the case with out interfering with your tonneau cover.

FastRam said:
Carl, here's another option that may interest you. It's called Activgate, a cargo management system. The system includes 2 locking storage boxes, a movable gate for securing cargo and integrates full bed protection. All system components require no drill mounting. The system was/is manufactured by:

Projx Auto Inc.

Madison Heights, MI

248/616-0600, Contact: Doug Street

Manufacturer of the ActivGate, a custom, modular cargo-management system with movable gate, lockable bins and custom bed liner.

I have a copy of a 2006 Dodge Ram sales brochure that shows the Activgate system as an available accessory for the 06 model year. The system may be available directly from Dodge, not sure though. The only literature I could find on the cargo system was in a 2007 Dodge Ram accessories catalog. Attached is the link for the 07 catalog, page 5 shows the system - with photos.

http://www.mopar.ca/en/accessories/catalogues_2007/dodge/2007_RAM_ACC_reduced.pdf
Thanks bud for another option. It's a little too large for what I am after and also quite pricey. I'm just after something quite "snug". I'll be putting my bag of goodies in there + some GPS stuff when not in use, some tools, lights, etc so the smaller (less weight) the better. I'm not looking for a tool box or anything large like that but thanks anyhow! It's a cool catalog by the way. :)

Batram_Bag1.JPG

Batram_Bag3.JPG

30PCS-Car-Tool-Bag-Set-TS-089-.jpg

tsmith3 said:
Carl, they look great and have a good finish. As for installing them, they are pretty straight forward. The only thing I have found is that you need to screw in the "main" bracket first then put the case on and line up the latch system before screwing it in. The latch system usually needs to be moved up by about 1/2 an inch to latch perfectly.

You shouldn't have any clearance problems with the bed rug or mat. With your tonneau cover on, you may want to take out the mat so you can swing out the case and open the top of the case with out interfering with your tonneau cover.
Good info mate, thanks for that, definitely sounding like the way to go. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back