Valve cover spacer interest

gents the main purpose for valve cover spacers are to clear bigger rockers. Since most of the rocker up grades will not clear the factory valve covers.

If you want the full custom billet valve covers you have to call Roe up on the phone.

gents the main purpose for valve cover spacers are to clear bigger rockers. Since most of the rocker up grades will not clear the factory valve covers.

If you want the full custom billet valve covers you have to call Roe up on the phone.

I want them to be more like you Jay! Plus makes motor look bigger :D

Viper engine IMO isn't a very wide engine. What is it a 45 degree motor?

Needs to be wider. DOHC heads would solve that ;)

Since we cant have that... Valve cover spacers!

Contacted Sean at ROE and the complete valve covers would be $1,000+ if there was interest, just throwing it out there for anyone that wanted to know.

Just a heads up as I've dealt with needing two sets of these spacers in 1 inch to clear aftermarket T&D Rockers.
First off I do think it should be presented to a vendor as once again we pay fees here to have group buys and sell parts. Not trying to be an ass at all, but if that's the case then we shouldn't have vendors and it be a free for all as far as selling parts on here.

That being said, there are a couple ways of doing these and made in small quantities usually costs out the rear! I had a set drawn up using 1" 6061 aluminum and the amount wasted to produce these is what cost so much as well as machine time. I was quoted $670 for a pair as I had drawn up. After feeling discouraged and taking the drawing a few places for quotes I decided to but the EBay/other Vendor valve cover spacers for $300.
Well, low and behold they're not machined for the O ring stock gaskets. Therefore you use sealer between spacer and head and its guaranteed to leak at some point ;) ( it did after 2 months)
The more expensive sets that were made years ago did indeed have the stock valve cover gasket machined into it to seal just as the valve cover does stock. Needless to say the last set of T&D rockers installed was also quoted the $700+ for an o ring machined set of spacers that worked great! Problem is that's very close to a complete set of valve covers which indeed look better than stock with spacers. I think if you wanna design something to produce, valve covers would be a better use of the aluminum and labor time.
Just my .02

Just a heads up as I've dealt with needing two sets of these spacers in 1 inch to clear aftermarket T&D Rockers.
First off I do think it should be presented to a vendor as once again we pay fees here to have group buys and sell parts. Not trying to be an ass at all, but if that's the case then we shouldn't have vendors and it be a free for all as far as selling parts on here.

That being said, there are a couple ways of doing these and made in small quantities usually costs out the rear! I had a set drawn up using 1" 6061 aluminum and the amount wasted to produce these is what cost so much as well as machine time. I was quoted $670 for a pair as I had drawn up. After feeling discouraged and taking the drawing a few places for quotes I decided to but the EBay/other Vendor valve cover spacers for $300.
Well, low and behold they're not machined for the O ring stock gaskets. Therefore you use sealer between spacer and head and its guaranteed to leak at some point ;) ( it did after 2 months)
The more expensive sets that were made years ago did indeed have the stock valve cover gasket machined into it to seal just as the valve cover does stock. Needless to say the last set of T&D rockers installed was also quoted the $700+ for an o ring machined set of spacers that worked great! Problem is that's very close to a complete set of valve covers which indeed look better than stock with spacers. I think if you wanna design something to produce, valve covers would be a better use of the aluminum and labor time.
Just my .02

Excatly why I said I don't have the time or want to be a vendor and was offering it to any vendor interested. The 3d model of the spacer I laid out has the cut in it for the gasket to seal on the head.:D Might just make a set for myself and be done with it.

Last edited:
Excatly why I said I don't have the time or want to be a vendor and was offering it to any vendor interested. I the 3d model of the spacer I laid out has the cut in it for the gasket to seal on the head.:D Might just make a set for myself and be done with it.

That's great to hear as without that gasket its an oil leak for sure. Honestly by the time you get a figure on doing these, compare that to a full set of valve covers and see cost difference. Nice valve covers at a great price with customers choice of smooth or engraved. Are you doing these drawings in CNC programming or a 3D program? I'm interested but you'd be in charge of the drawing being accurate to go to machine with. I could present it to my CNC guy for a quote if you wanna try both ways. Honestly I think there's more of a market for them as a cosmetic enhancement as the percentage of guys that spend $1500 on rockers is tiny.
Scott

That's great to hear as without that gasket its an oil leak for sure. Honestly by the time you get a figure on doing these, compare that to a full set of valve covers and see cost difference. Nice valve covers at a great price with customers choice of smooth or engraved. Are you doing these drawings in CNC programming or a 3D program? I'm interested but you'd be in charge of the drawing being accurate to go to machine with. I could present it to my CNC guy for a quote if you wanna try both ways. Honestly I think there's more of a market for them as a cosmetic enhancement as the percentage of guys that spend $1500 on rockers is tiny.
Scott

I drew the 3D Inventor model first and will have the CNC program created for that in Edge Cam. And you are correct the cost of material is not bad less than $100 for a 12"x30"x3/4" piece of 6061 aluminum, its the machine time that kills. Like I said I'll probably just make a set for myself, did not mean to stir the pot.

Last edited:
Better be real careful with this group buy stuff didn't turn out well last time when it wasn't from a vendor! Also price should be known first or at least a ball park on it. Just my 2 cents

First off I do think it should be presented to a vendor as once again we pay fees here to have group buys and sell parts.

JUST SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION

We do not dictate how, when why and where people buy products. If there is an opportunity to do a non vendor group buy, either because its cheaper, don't like the vendor, just want something new or personal choice... that's fine.

Just keep it to PM's, emails and phone calls. The only time the staff will start to get involved is when the (non vendor) manufactures name and/or contact information becomes part of the conversation thread.

It would be silly to prevent these kinds of conversations. Members need to know what other members are thinking. Same with the Vendors, they need to see what members are thinking and typing about. Build a list, show your intent and excitement, that is the purpose behind of these kinds of forums. If a vendor wants to step up and fill that gap... Great! If not, communicate privately amongst yourselves and get-er-done!

Vj

JUST SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION

We do not dictate how, when why and where people buy products. If there is an opportunity to do a non vendor group buy, either because its cheaper, don't like the vendor, just want something new or personal choice... that's fine.

Just keep it to PM's, emails and phone calls. The only time the staff will start to get involved is when the (non vendor) manufactures name and/or contact information becomes part of the conversation thread.

It would be silly to prevent these kinds of conversations. Members need to know what other members are thinking. Same with the Vendors, they need to see what members are thinking and typing about. Build a list, show your intent and excitement, that is the purpose behind of these kinds of forums. If a vendor wants to step up and fill that gap... Great! If not, communicate privately amongst yourselves and get-er-done!

Vj

Great explanation Jeff. Kinda like how VPRPWRD sells parts though PM. Not through a thread as a Vendor would do, rather in PM, phone call or email. ;)

Great explanation Jeff. Kinda like how VPRPWRD sells parts though PM. Not through a thread as a Vendor would do, rather in PM, phone call or email. ;)
Are you talking about extra parts and pieces people want out of their garage?

Exactly. Andy helps me obtain OEM oil filters and doesn't make a single cent doing it. It's guys like that who really benefit our community and I know I am not the only one that is very grateful he is here.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back