venom hood NO/VENTS

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here it is mounted ,,,not real happy with paint and other issues but paint shop said they will fix it ,,had a few fish eyes on it and it seems to have a dip in the center of scoop ,,,you can touch the hood were slight dip is and the hood moves there ,,,shop said it is real thin there ,,,not sure what in going to do about it i like it as long as i can get thse small issues taken care of ,,,,,i wondering if manufacture is going to take some responsability on this but i dought it ,,,anywho here is pic ,,,on my angled driveway,,,and i am in no way blaming stinko on this ,,,it really could not be seen unpainted ,,,paint shop wants me to let it cure good before they buff and respray it ,,

002.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

this is pic with dip in center ,,it looks a lot worse cause of the shade on it ,
but i can see it,,it also looks lopsided at top of scoop ,,to me it looks higher on passanger side than on drivers side :confused: ,,,thinking i might drill a tiny hole in bottom side and shoot some expanding foam in there to puff it up some ,,,,but i dont know ,,,,might even just put stock hood back on :mad:
006.jpg

Last edited:
The idea is kick ass, but as a bodyman/painter the mold is off. Harwood used to have hoods with problems like this. Matter of fact anyone who manufactures a fiberglass hood has had issues. The bodyshop should have block sanded the primer but a good hand could have felt that big dipper. And unfortunatley the whole scoop is not square and leans to the driver side as you said. NO easy fix for that!! Either they mold the scoop on the hood and the scoop was uneven from the mold, or the mold isn't correct!

i do think it looks better then them ones with the holes in them :D

venomous :i think they took it out of mold to soon and it was not cured and sagged to one side

the scoop is actuallly straight, actually heard the uneveness i have heard from almost everyone, but most have measured and they all have come out even, i think it was walbert that showed me how his looks from the inside.

but looks awesome bud:rock:

the dip, is something that is def be taking care of too;)

Stinker said:
the scoop is actuallly straight, actually heard the uneveness i have heard from almost everyone, but most have measured and they all have come out even, i think it was walbert that showed me how his looks from the inside.

but looks awesome bud:rock:

the dip, is something that is def be taking care of too;)

ok im going to try to take a pic from the inside too brb

my bodyshop found the dip in the one we had painted for ROZ and fixed it

btw iron puppy , thats why the molds have to be redone, the space between the upper and lower let the center drop down on some and yup, not letting them cool correctly, i can give you a number if you need, just pm me and he may be able to tell you how to fix it bud, jsut let me know, super nice guy and has been very helpful with others so far, since the ohter want return anything calls , text, or so on from me

cant get a good pic from inside but i do see it is higher on oneside than other ,,but i took a mesuremnet from same spot on each side ,,it is a little over a 1/4 inch higher ,,i dont know you guys tell me ,,,i double checked to make sure it is even on closing and fits that way real good ,,,better than i thought it would really ,,,i also think if i could level out scoop it really would not be able to seen that much ,,,but you guys tell me !!

008.jpg

010.jpg

you look at your peter from each side and you willl swear its 1/4 longer:p

you knw I'll do what i can for ya bud, but i would jsut about guarantee hardkore want even talk to ya:eek:

i cant tell from the pics probably be hard to see if your not standing there looking at it. looks good from the pics.

007.jpg

012.jpg

as you can see from pic in cab its got like a bulge on right side ,,,:dontknow:

011.jpg

i could live with that i guess but the dip in center of it has to be fixxed somehow ,,,just dont know how im going to do it ,,,i cant justify dumping a lot more money into it ,,,:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back