Wanna steal your engine bay ideas

JTSHydro, snakeskin dipped with 06 logo:drool:P1010004.JPG:rock::D

Mine before I sold it:

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

I love the look of your engine.. :drool: What did you do to your valve covers & intake to get them to look like that?

yep it is black wrinkle powder coating. I bought the valve covers, intake, thermostat housing, radiator hoses, and throttle cable plate (whatever that thing is called) from a member here (Mutt) before he sold his truck. Sure which I got his Jack dispenser! That was a LOOOOONNNNGGGG painful day doing that swap! Chub helped a lot that day RIP :(

Just looking at the pics here, and I noticed that some of them have the breather hose on the front of the valve cover, is that a 05 then? Mines a 04 and they run under the intake manifold. Kinda PIA to put my CAI on today.

Yup, the 04's are that way, pita for a catchcan.

Damn... that is some sick plumbing. I love the attention to detail. Looks fantastic!

I noticed yellow fevers firewall and was wondering if all he did was strip the insulation off and how hard was it to get off there,that firewall being yellow really makes it look clean

on my 2006 just before the grill by the windshield, there is a cardboard(?) cover that I don't like the looks of. I see nice shiny covers on some these pix. Is this an aftermarket part?
Or are they 04s & 05s? I want to do something about this as it really detracts from the engine bay.

Thanks

You just remove that cover and the nice black plastic part underneath can be shined up like you see on others, just save the push pins to put back in the holes...... 1st mod I did for under hood.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back