west coast,southwest gtg phx az

SrtBrad said:
That would be awesome. If you need a ride from the airport let me know.:rock: :rock:

Will let you know... Thanks for the offer.... I was thinking about renting a car (viper) and driving from this GTG to Vegas. 4hours... :rock:

A date been chosen yet? :dontknow:

Roz-SRT said:
That's hardcore Scott!!! The East Coast love's GTG's so damn much, that the East Coasters attempt to make West Coast GTG's!!!!

:rock: :rock:

I hope I get the opportunity to meet some folks on the West Coast!

You should come too Jimi... Make it a southern, north eastern, west coast thing.... I think Begood may be coming too so that would include central as well.

TREKER said:
Will let you know... Thanks for the offer.... I was thinking about renting a car (viper) and driving from this GTG to Vegas. 4hours... :rock:

A date been chosen yet? :dontknow:

We should really pick out a date. We have to coordinate with the track and get this thing rolling. I don't know who is taking care of this in Phoenix.:dontknow:

TREKER said:
You should come too Jimi... Make it a southern, north eastern, west coast thing.... I think Begood may be coming too so that would include central as well.

I'd love too brother, but Jimi ain't got the funds to fly 'cross country. :D

SrtBrad said:
We should really pick out a date. We have to coordinate with the track and get this thing rolling. I don't know who is taking care of this in Phoenix.:dontknow:

I dont have any connections at Firebird.... plus I know that Speedworld is much easier to deal with than Firebird... and probably a whole lot cheaper... I will goto either one... I have not been to Firebird since at least 2002 when my Trans Am was stolen....as I used to race it there almost every weekend.

azpyroguy said:
I dont have any connections at Firebird.... plus I know that Speedworld is much easier to deal with than Firebird... and probably a whole lot cheaper... I will goto either one... I have not been to Firebird since at least 2002 when my Trans Am was stolen....as I used to race it there almost every weekend.

Scott will you coordinate with the tracks for pricing and availability? Also if there is anything I can do from LA let me know. It's time to step up the plan and start getting this GTG planned out.

SrtBrad said:
Scott will you coordinate with the tracks for pricing and availability? Also if there is anything I can do from LA let me know. It's time to step up the plan and start getting this GTG planned out.

Yes, I can start making some calls...

This is awesome. I am looking forward to this now... Too bad I wont have my rig... Maybe someone would be kind enough to take me down the track.

One way out of jfk on the 19th of Jan is only $144. Then I can fly from there to Vegas or drive.

Under $400 bucks with all 1 way airfares. NY to PHX. PHX to Vegas, Vegas back to JFK. $377.00 What a great deal. Looking better and better now.

Just have to stay away from the one armed bandits in Vegas. ;)

TREKER said:
Under $400 bucks with all 1 way airfares. NY to PHX. PHX to Vegas, Vegas back to JFK. $377.00 What a great deal. Looking better and better now.

Just have to stay away from the one armed bandits in Vegas. ;)

Dang... that is cheap....

SrtBrad said:
I'll be happy to help out any way I can.

You cant drive them both down the track st the same time.... I have alot of experience driving a 06 RC. ;) I could probably help you out with a few pointers... Toss me the keys and I can show you what that thing can do. :rock:

I will take you to the track, you can take my QC so I can have both cars there

TREKER said:
You cant drive them both down the track st the same time.... I have alot of experience driving a 06 RC. ;) I could probably help you out with a few pointers... Toss me the keys and I can show you what that thing can do. :rock:

I'll be happy to throw you the keys for the strip. We'll see who gets the better times between you and I. I might even have the long tube headers with high flow cats on by then.:dontknow:

Guys;

I just got off with Butch (Track Manager @ Speedworld), and they are VERY willing to work with us to get this going, and make it happen.

They highly reccomend a SUNDAY as these events like this type (from past history/experience) will have the best turnout.

He also reccomended that we setup the event to be a MOPAR only show/shine/drags, thus allowing the expenses to be soaked up quickly and have a really nice turn out.. (I agree with him)

We would partner with them on the event, and they would like 25% up front.

Estimated costs are - $4000-4200, inclusive of everything (rental, insurance, employees, etc..)

Charge a spectator fee of around $15
Charge a racer fee of around $25-30

If wanted to put together a purse for bracket racing then setup
a purse fee of $20-40, that all money goes into for "winnings, trophies, etc", plus that covers setting up a BRACKET Staging Lane only.

Essentially they share all the profits of the event with the club, so for instance, lets say we take in $10,000 (racers, spectators, etc..), take the base fee off of $4200 (approx), leaves $5800.00, they will split that in half with the club.

The also mentioned that we come up with some sponsors of the event, have a title sponsor, etc... to come up with door prizes for the spectators, etc.

The only thing they ask is that ANY media (online, print, etc..) they they are allowed to proof it first.

They will also advertise some for the event, as they have regular newsletters, and adds in autotrader, etc.. and if we print up posters they will hand them out at the gates weeks prior to the event, to draw attention, etc..

Something that is big... there are NO SURPRISE fees.. or we forgot to charge you this... everything is up front, on paper, etc..

So far, all events of this nature have been a huge success at the track.

azpyroguy said:
Guys;

I just got off with Butch (Track Manager @ Speedworld), and they are VERY willing to work with us to get this going, and make it happen.

They highly reccomend a SUNDAY as these events like this type (from past history/experience) will have the best turnout.

He also reccomended that we setup the event to be a MOPAR only show/shine/drags, thus allowing the expenses to be soaked up quickly and have a really nice turn out.. (I agree with him)

We would partner with them on the event, and they would like 25% up front.

Estimated costs are - $4000-4200, inclusive of everything (rental, insurance, employees, etc..)

Charge a spectator fee of around $15
Charge a racer fee of around $25-30

If wanted to put together a purse for bracket racing then setup
a purse fee of $20-40, that all money goes into for "winnings, trophies, etc", plus that covers setting up a BRACKET Staging Lane only.

Essentially they share all the profits of the event with the club, so for instance, lets say we take in $10,000 (racers, spectators, etc..), take the base fee off of $4200 (approx), leaves $5800.00, they will split that in half with the club.

The also mentioned that we come up with some sponsors of the event, have a title sponsor, etc... to come up with door prizes for the spectators, etc.

The only thing they ask is that ANY media (online, print, etc..) they they are allowed to proof it first.

They will also advertise some for the event, as they have regular newsletters, and adds in autotrader, etc.. and if we print up posters they will hand them out at the gates weeks prior to the event, to draw attention, etc..

Something that is big... there are NO SURPRISE fees.. or we forgot to charge you this... everything is up front, on paper, etc..

So far, all events of this nature have been a huge success at the track.

I with it. What dates are we talking about?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back