What Did You Do to your Vehicle Today?

I washed and waxed the truck today to be nice n shiny for Sacramento tomorrow. Too bad by the time I get there the truck will be covered in bugs.

The best part was when I went to my buddies wheel shop to swap out the center caps to Viper Fang center caps. I've only had the truck since March so I have never lifted it before. When we put it on the lift today we noticed that the truck has automatic steps. We found them tucked up behind the frame. After we put the wheels back on, we looked for the wiring and found that it was just not hooked up. I hooked it up to the battery and BAM I had automatic steps. I was in the best mood ever for the rest of the day. I still am.

NorCal SRT-10 said:
I washed and waxed the truck today to be nice n shiny for Sacramento tomorrow. Too bad by the time I get there the truck will be covered in bugs.

The best part was when I went to my buddies wheel shop to swap out the center caps to Viper Fang center caps. I've only had the truck since March so I have never lifted it before. When we put it on the lift today we noticed that the truck has automatic steps. We found them tucked up behind the frame. After we put the wheels back on, we looked for the wiring and found that it was just not hooked up. I hooked it up to the battery and BAM I had automatic steps. I was in the best mood ever for the rest of the day. I still am.
Are the steps the full length of the cab?

Yes, they are the full length and come out when you open any oned of the 4 doors.

NorCal SRT-10 said:
Yes, they are the full length and come out when you open any oned of the 4 doors.
If its the steps i am thinking of very nice just out of place on the srt, how short did someone have to be to put steps on a 10:D

As for what i did to mine today i finished pulling all of my air compressors off so i now have a total weight loss of 118lbs . I still plan on pulling three of my subs for another 100lbs loss:rock:

Last edited:
I looked at mine in the garage to make sure it was still there:D

Wifey said:
I looked at mine in the garage to make sure it was still there:D
Me toooo! Then i waxed it, cleaned the insides of the rims, and used some radiator black from Eastwood on the a/c comp. Makes it look way better. Then i took the floor liner out of the bed, washed n waxed the inside of the bed, then put the liner back.(The CE only has a floor liner, it does not cover the sides of the bed.)
Maybe i can drive it soon, if it stops raining here in NJ.:dontknow:

at the dealership right now changing the oil, and getting the crank bolt inspected and torqued(you guys got me a bit nervous about it)

And I like the fact that they have computers here for me to fart aroud on while I wait.

Nice cleans and wash's, did this,.. did that,... BUT .... No Pics ?????

:needpics: :needpics:

lol ..........:D Jim

I want to give a big thanks to every one for letting me know about the crank bolt. Mine was loose but the crank is ok

This was a no-touch day. Went hiking three different trails with the wife.

On the way back, saw this car lot, the photos are terrible from my Iphone but you will get the idea!

Mopar1.jpg

Mopar2.jpg

Mopar3.jpg

Mopar4.jpg

Gotta go see them on Monday!

Prof said:
This was a no-touch day. Went hiking three different trails with the wife.

On the way back, saw this car lot, the photos are terrible from my Iphone but you will get the idea!

Mopar1.jpg

Mopar2.jpg

Mopar3.jpg

Mopar4.jpg

Gotta go see them on Monday!

Think they like Orange:p

Riff62 said:
Could be the dukes of hazzard plant...lol
That's what I was thinking. Are they getting ready to do another Duke's movie and are collecting and prepping as many of them as they can get their hands on? :dontknow:

The day started out like any other at the grind. Ironhead phoned up previously to make sure I had all of the necessary tools to complete what we planned for #1900. Of course, I was a bit hesitant and confused about why some of his requests were on the tool list...
EngineShots003.jpg

But no matter. I was enthusiastic about the project so I complied with his request. I phoned up OSO and he came over to help out.

Soon it became apparent that..... I just... Am not cut out for this stuff anymore. You can say I had a little trouble...
EngineShots005.jpg

Okay so it was a bit more trouble than I let on...
EngineShots009.jpg

NO I was really in trouble. Oh and here's where it gets wierd...
EngineShots008.jpg

I find out what the petroleum jelly was for... But we won't get into that.
EngineShots006.jpg

Both Ironhead and OSO got in there and really put a hell of a lot more effort than they had to. GREAT GUYS!!!:top:
EngineShots002.jpg

EngineShots001.jpg

The end result?

EngineShots018.jpg

EngineShots017.jpg

EngineShots016.jpg

EngineShots015.jpg

Of course I still have to put in the wire seperators, hard rediator pipes and clean up the engine bay. As of now she runs and sounds fantastic (and the Powersticks weren't even installed yet). The Champion plugs that were in there REALLY needed to come out. They were definately worn down much.

But seriously if it weren't for IronHead and OSO, I don't think I would have survived this project with my sanity in tact. Thanks guys. I most certainly owe you both.:D I needed Viper techs?:confused: NAH, just friends.:marchmellow:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back