What Did You Do to your Vehicle Today?

71dusterjon said:
i got half of my tranny put back together. what a pita it is shimming the shafts and lining up shift rails. (maybe since its my first time) im just glad im on the home stretch now.

I hear ya, been there done that. The rails suck balls to get back in properly.

Today I cleaned up the engine bay. To start, I rerouted my intercooler heater hoses, put on the second stock heat exchanger I initially got with the blower kit. Repolished the blower kit. Changed the blower belt(that was as fun as peeing on a wall socket). I also cleaned/tidied up some much needed wiring that wasn't up to par when I initially installed the blower and gauges. I also changed out the brake pads with zeck's pads and purged the brake fluid(2 years old). I also removed the windshield wipers and put 5/8" vacuum caps over the silver gears, It was a tight fit but a little WD-40 and the sun streched 'em out. I think that's it. maybe some pics tommorow.

Not much

ry%3D480

Just starting this project

Just got my 16" powersticks put on!!! Holy shit it sounds good!!! I'll post up a vid tonight or tomorrow :D

Installed my 8000k HID headlights. Also installed an AEM air/fuel gauge. :top:

Had Stingray(Dave thanks) install my antitheft and I did one side of caltrac:p it does sit completely level in the back now:marchmellow: left side traction bar right side caltrac:argh: Is all I gotta say about that shit.

Isn't David just the best?!

David as soon as I get back from the Keys, I need:

Power steering lines installed, new bushing for sway bars, remote the battery, install the front facia skid plate, and new pumpkin bolts...

I will need you for at least two hours...

Sincerely,

Slave Driver

Prof said:
Volvo wagon must have been a color other than black!

Damn I wish I could find a pic of the wifes V70R AWD !!! I don't think there'd be any beating up on it,that's for sure !!!
:D :D :D :D

Went to a local show/dyno event. I didn't place but had a ball.

I've been attacking mine with some Meguiar's polishing compound (SwirlX) and scratch remover (ScratchX). It had a bad case of the spiderwebs in the clear. I'll start on the waxing this evening. I could have done 2 cars for the time I spent on this truck. There's a lot of sheet metal going on...

finally installed my X metal (Yes boomer's !) drop kit I had stashed somewhere for a loooong time:D . McGaughy's are out.:p

Today I looked at a Black 5" MBRP tip to swap out the chrome on with....

F904D2A7B9E04252B26FFDA9F656974C.jpg

Dreamed of July 4th when I go home, hug the babies, pet the dogs, kick the cats;), #$#@# Ali and start and listen to the truck!

Last edited:
Floor said:
finally installed my X metal (Yes boomer's !) drop kit I had stashed somewhere for a loooong time:D . McGaughy's are out.:p

Compared to the MCgaupheys that boomer kit is the bomb!!!!

I had the MC kit on mine, loved the looked despised the ride! But I rode in my buddy Zolie's ride with the boomer kit and it was awesome.!

good to know cause it can't be worse than MC:argh: :argh:
Although I can't figure out how if the rear will be higher again.
Had some bumpstop issues and the shackles have the same length:dontknow:
Anyways, doesn't matter much, need airbag helpers to tow anyhow:p

Nothing today...but tomorrow...

The guy who created my avatar is coming over to do my next mod...

Any guesses?

nuthing yet, gonna snatch the wheels off tonight when the temp gets below 95 degrees and have the tires taken off so i can ship them to cali:D

Back