What Did You Do to your Vehicle Today?

Prof said:
How difficult was the Cal Vue install?

Just pot and unplug?
Not bad at all. There are 4 phillips head screws you take out of the door panel.
One by the mirror, 1 by the open handle and 2 at the bottom edge front & back.
You don't even have to totally remove it just lift it a little and it gives you clearance to the nuts you need to loosen.
There are 3 10mm nuts that hold the mirror on.
Remove those and the last thing you need to do unplug the wire harness and where the socket part that stays with the mirror has a catch on either side that needs to be released before the mirror will come loose.
Hang onto the mirror and use a screwdriver to unhook it and it will fall free.

Installation is in reverse order.
I'll get some pictures a little later.

I let dust (pollen) collect on mine today. I'm prob going to debadge it (AFTER I dust it off) today though. Pics to follow.

Roz-SRT said:
I let dust (pollen) collect on mine today. I'm prob going to debadge it (AFTER I dust it off) today though. Pics to follow.
That sounds like fun.:rock:

Demon 8 said:
Left it in the garage because its NY and its either raining or snowing
Its 89 here today and sunny,just got back from a drive in the 10.:rock:

Demon 8 said:
Left it in the garage because its NY and its either raining or snowing

Same here in Illinois...shit!

Earl, get an extra mile in for me sir!

Did do some cosmetic work on the front bumper...trying to get a few of the mars out of the finish...using the orbital...but not having much luck...might have to go to 2000 grit paper.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Not bad at all. There are 4 phillips head screws you take out of the door panel.
One by the mirror, 1 by the open handle and 2 at the bottom edge front & back.
You don't even have to totally remove it just lift it a little and it gives you clearance to the nuts you need to loosen.
There are 3 10mm nuts that hold the mirror on.
Remove those and the last thing you need to do unplug the wire harness and where the socket part that stays with the mirror has a catch on either side that needs to be released before the mirror will come loose.
Hang onto the mirror and use a screwdriver to unhook it and it will fall free.

Installation is in reverse order.
I'll get some pictures a little later.

Very helpful...never been inside the door panel on the truck...I may get interested in getting the painted mirrors, and door handles from Justin now...

Thanks for taking the time!

Here are the pics of the Cal Vue's.

Attachments

• P1000533.jpg
    P1000533.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 56
  • P1000534.jpg
    P1000534.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 46
  • P1000535.jpg
    P1000535.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 48
  • P1000536.jpg
    P1000536.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 63
  • P1000537.jpg
    P1000537.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 50
  • P1000538.jpg
    P1000538.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P1000539.jpg
    P1000539.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 55
  • P1000540.jpg
    P1000540.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 45
  • P1000541.jpg
    P1000541.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 46
Prof said:
Earl, get an extra mile in for me sir!
You got it Roy,I will be taking it out again tomorrow to streatch its legs.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Ordered first pair of solid roller lifters to test fit in my block. IF they fit correct I will be ordering the rest. Started to try and hunt down a front crank seal for my crank so I can fab up my own custom timing cover. Man I love this project!!!!!

I got to go to the White House. I got a walk-through. I seen the president shook his hand. I will post pictures tomorrow. Oh and I am wondering when I my truck is going to be done.

Fillled it up today. life is good when gas is only 2.09 a gallon. Going to give her a bath tonight and wiper her down. Damn rain!!!!

i'm nowhere near my truck.....BUT i ordered something for her online:D (does that count?):marchmellow:

Big Worm said:
I got to go to the White House. I got a walk-through. I seen the president shook his hand. I will post pictures tomorrow. Oh and I am wondering when I my truck is going to be done.

That's pretty cool.:rock: I've never had the chance to go to the white house, but I have met the president.

BarackObama.jpg

menobama.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back