What does your Odometer read?

MooreSpeed said:
Any other opinions on:
How many miles is it before I need to be thinking about getting a new motor or tranny?

Motor should be fine NA if its taken care of obviously. If no one ever changed the oil then it might have issues. Don't think too many people that buy these trucks are that type so it should be fine. The tranny is a crap shoot you either got a good one or one with issues, do a search on the 48RE here for info. Without getting too involved if the tranny has trouble on the 2-3 shift (delay under WOT) it is going to need some parts to fix it. Mainly clutches, valvebody, shift lever, accumulator, gov solenoid, front band, and some other things if you want them. The autos tend to have timing issues due to the valve bodys having low line pressure. This has been discussed numerous times that is why I am telling you to do a search. I am sure others are tired of reading about it. It is about $400 in so in parts to remedy and it will shift like a MO FO afterward. Could be a little more or less depending on what you want to spend.

MooreSpeed said:
Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

I would not be afraid of that truck. Just check it out first. These are the most fun large vehicle that can haul stuff and go fast out there. It can be a truck when it needs to be and a sports car whenever you want it to be. I love mine and have 21,600 on the OD.

04 RC 10k miles woth only slight last clutch problems.

3 sets of tires, 3 sets of brakes, 14 oil changes, 2 headlights, two taillights, 3 bent rims fixed, repainted rear bumper, broke front bumper, broke rear bumper again, one set of oil lines, new plugs, flush diff, radiator, trans, and brakes, pull a 4k lb. trailer on a weekly basis, one slave, and STILL on that original clutch!......hell, it's my work truck!

I just passed 40,000 miles. All Original except for two front tires I replaced 5000 mileago ago. Still has the Original brakes too!
Yes the Stock Clutch is still in it!!! I know how to drive a heavy high horse power vehical.
Just changed the plugs what a $#&@ that was.
500H V10:rock:

viperhauler said:

3 sets of tires, 3 sets of brakes, 14 oil changes, 2 headlights, two taillights, 3 bent rims fixed, repainted rear bumper, broke front bumper, broke rear bumper again, one set of oil lines, new plugs, flush diff, radiator, trans, and brakes, pull a 4k lb. trailer on a weekly basis, one slave, and STILL on that original clutch!......hell, it's my work truck!

this post reminds me of Joan Rivers explaining her mods for some reason. :)

If left stock and maintained, these motors will likely go well beyond 200k miles. Hell, a big block chevy will go 300k pretty easy so it should be fairly similar. I had an 06 QC and it was very reliable. You should be good and the price sounds pretty good if it is only $20k and change.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back