What is this?

I also ditched all the Evap stuff. For the lines there is one that you need to leave open so the fuel ank will vent. If not it takes all day to fill with gas. Another thing you will notice is your garage will stink like gasoline now after doing this.

Both my vehicles have the Evaps removed and my garage smells bad.

Vent the garage, problem solved:D I don't have a garage so I never noticed the smell

I also ditched all the Evap stuff. For the lines there is one that you need to leave open so the fuel ank will vent. If not it takes all day to fill with gas. Another thing you will notice is your garage will stink like gasoline now after doing this.

Both my vehicles have the Evaps removed and my garage smells bad.

Have you tried extending the one line u left open to an area easily reached and put a cap on it that you can take off only when you are filling up?

What is there to gain by removing all of the evap

I simply want to do it to get rid of all the extra lines running around the intake manifold . It will clean it up a bit and gives u an extra place to hook up a vacuum line on the intake .... Especially if you have forced induction.

Have you tried extending the one line u left open to an area easily reached and put a cap on it that you can take off only when you are filling up?

Could you reroute it back into the filler neck??,so when your fueling up,you open cap and its vented when filling??:dontknow:

Could you reroute it back into the filler neck??,so when your fueling up,you open cap and its vented when filling??:dontknow:

That sounds like a good idea , but maybe putting a one way breather cable at the end would help that way as the truck is running and using fuel it can bring in air to avoid creating to much vacuum and then when not running it wouldn't allow vapor to escape.

No sir, let em breathe or you can't pump gas in the tank ;-)
Tank has to be vented and the purge canister took care of that. Now the atmosphere does ;-)

I have a CEL for the leak detection pump. I also realized maybe 2 out of 10 fill ups it takes for ever to fill the tank. sounds like what ever it is your talking about but if it was a blocked vent line you would think it would be hard to fill everytime. i re set the light but its usually back on with in a day or two after a cold start. :dontknow:

i am putting my driveline in a street rod and want to do away with the evap, has anyone put a fuel cell in there truck? can i do away with the leak detection pump also?

Thanks

It can easily be removed, all that happens is a CEL of P1494 will always be active. No big deal.

The only one I know of running a cell is Dom and his truck doesn't have a inch of factory wiring left in it so I wouldn't use his as a example.

It can easily be removed, all that happens is a CEL of P1494 will always be active. No big deal.

The only one I know of running a cell is Dom and his truck doesn't have a inch of factory wiring left in it so I wouldn't use his as a example.

once the check engine light is on doesnt it put the engine in limp mode?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back