What is this?

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the egr valve and if so can it be removed without affecting the way the truck runs? It's connected to the intake and the canister under the truck. I'm assuming that all that can be removed but guess that a check engine light will come on. Is there a way to shut off the check engine light?

image-2217812400.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the egr valve and if so can it be removed without affecting the way the truck runs? It's connected to the intake and the canister under the truck. I'm assuming that all that can be removed but guess that a check engine light will come on. Is there a way to shut off the check engine light?

There was no pic attached, however if it is the EGR valve I'm sure it can be removed and based on other conversations happening in other threads, anything can be tuned out to keep a warning light from triggering. ;)

There was no pic attached, however if it is the EGR valve I'm sure it can be removed and based on other conversations happening in other threads, anything can be tuned out to keep a warning light from triggering. ;)

I edited it and attached one. It's showing up when I open the thread

I edited it and attached one. It's showing up when I open the thread

That looks like part of the evap system, the sensor under the truck can be zip tied up under the vehicle and just needs to stay plugged in. I have this on my list of things to do here in the near future too.

That's the purge solenoid, it also can not be turned or hung upside down or it will cause a check engine light. Your evap system can be removed if you don't want it and don't have to worry about passing smog

That's the purge solenoid, it also can not be turned or hung upside down or it will cause a check engine light. Your evap system can be removed if you don't want it and don't have to worry about passing smog

Mine has disappeared :D
You can remove everything underneath but I left the Leak Detection Pump/Purge Solenoid (in your picture) plugged in to avoids Check Engine and tucked it away hidden. Very rare it'll come on on initial start maybe every 200 cycles ( months of driving) and I simply erase with SCT in 3 seconds and good for another month or two.

Mine has disappeared :D
You can remove everything underneath but I left the Leak Detection Pump/Purge Solenoid (in your picture) plugged in to avoids Check Engine and tucked it away hidden. Very rare it'll come on on initial start maybe every 200 cycles ( months of driving) and I simply erase with SCT in 3 seconds and good for another month or two.

What about the canister underneath? What do you do with the connection where the wire harness plugs into that?

Ok Mr I already did this! Lol! The PVC lines the go to the fuel tank... Do you cap those? If so where did you cap them?

No sir, let em breathe or you can't pump gas in the tank ;-)
Tank has to be vented and the purge canister took care of that. Now the atmosphere does ;-)

I also ditched all the Evap stuff. For the lines there is one that you need to leave open so the fuel ank will vent. If not it takes all day to fill with gas. Another thing you will notice is your garage will stink like gasoline now after doing this.

Both my vehicles have the Evaps removed and my garage smells bad.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back